May 10, 2019, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Question

WPL b36 or similar military truck

So I already have a c24 with a few upgrades and now I'm looking a truck similar to the b36 / b16, I'm not planning on upgrading it out of the box like I did with my c24 because I understand the b36 already comes with proportional steering and thorttle, are there any other alternatives within the prince range (u$s 50-65) ?

Thanks a lot guys!
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2019, 12:34 PM
kiwi power!
Hey Spunkid,
A few thoughts on the B36 as I was lazy and got the RTR too- Yes the transmitter is fully proportional but it's not that precise. Huge improvement over the non proportional ones though, of course.
There were a lot more scratches on the bodywork probably due to the workers building these with a haphazard attention to detail.
The drivetrain is still plastic, if you want to take it on a trail and have it perform reliably, I'd still suggest upgrading the drivetrain.. annoying I know, but probably less so than having to carry the B36 half way down the trail!

It's a great looking truck, quality is much better than the B16 and the Gaz66, but it's heavy so that definitely strains the whole drivetrain!

Hope that helps!
May 10, 2019, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072
Hey Spunkid,
A few thoughts on the B36 as I was lazy and got the RTR too- Yes the transmitter is fully proportional but it's not that precise. Huge improvement over the non proportional ones though, of course.
There were a lot more scratches on the bodywork probably due to the workers building these with a haphazard attention to detail.
The drivetrain is still plastic, if you want to take it on a trail and have it perform reliably, I'd still suggest upgrading the drivetrain.. annoying I know, but probably less so than having to carry the B36 half way down the trail!

It's a great looking truck, quality is much better than the B16 and the Gaz66, but it's heavy so that definitely strains the whole drivetrain!

Hope that helps!
Hey thanks a lot! yeah I'm aware of the "cons" of this RTR versions; I can live with the stock drive-train until it breaks hehe, main use will be having fun with my kid. I'm even considering removing the "cabin" and make myself some kind of of bed to place tiny toys.

I was actually looking for other options at the same price, not because I don't like the b36 but because I'm missing other valuable options before making my final decision.
May 19, 2019, 02:16 PM
Registered Hoser

Options

There are endless options. I have tossed the stock systems and updated for around 25$ each. That's a 30amp sc, 3 channel rx and 180 or 300 size motor on all of them. We have a great time chasing each other through the garden . My daughter helps paint and she ( at 9 yrs old) , made the ragtop for the green Q61.
She has really moved up from Barbie's playground
May 20, 2019, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
So I ended up buying it (the b36), now comes the wait which usually takes around 2 months in my country for the parcel to be freed.
May 20, 2019, 03:16 PM
Registered Hoser
You're going to have a great time with it. For fun you can get one of the two speed gearboxs and a speed control. I used an old radio I had to switch it up. I got all my options on Amazon for a lot less than banggood and they get it to you in half the time( with no damage) . Have fun!

Quick Reply