E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS

The E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m makes it easier than ever to enjoy a unique giant-scale flying experience. Based on the original Carbon-Z Cub, it's equipped with many convenience and performance-improving features that make it better than ever!

Splash

New Carbon Z Cub Coming Soon

The E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m makes it easier than ever to enjoy a unique giant-scale flying experience. Based on the original Carbon-Z Cub, it's equipped with many convenience and performance-improving features that make it better than ever! The original Carbon-Z Cub was ground-breaking and created a new category for large-scale, electric-powered models. Based on a platform that was known for legendary versatility, its lightweight and exceptionally strong, composite-reinforced and hollow-core design was mostly factory-finished and assembled so it was easier for more pilots to go "BIG" than ever before. The E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m is an updated and refined version of the original, equipped with a long list of new features for improved flight performance, capabilities and convenience so you can enjoy a giant-scale flying experience unlike any other.

Key Features:

• An updated and refined version of the ground-breaking and category-creating original Carbon-Z Cub
  • Giant-scale 84"/2.1m wingspan with lightweight and exceptionally strong composite-reinforced, hollow-core Carbon-Z construction
  • Drooped wing tip design increases wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed performance and control
  • Thumbscrews with decorative gas caps and snap-on antennas to easily install/remove the two-piece wing without tools
  • Modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options
  • Articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear with improved and strengthened mounts
  • Even larger oversized, tundra-style wheels with softer tires for better ground handling
  • Fully-molded top and bottom landing gear covers for a more scale-like appearance
  • More secure rear mount and cross braces for the optional floats (sold separately)
  • Quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray fits 4–6S 3200–7000mAh batteries
  • Improved design motor with added bearing for smoother, more reliable performance
  • 15x7 propeller molded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness
  • IC5 connector (compatible with EC5 connectors) on the 60-amp ESC for better and more reliable power delivery
  • Vibrant, high-visibility Carbon Cub SS Signature trim and color scheme
  • Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
  • Easy to fly with innovative, optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
  • Six factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
  • Convenient push-button released, top-mounted hatch for easy battery access
  • Extremely wide scale and mild to beyond-scale aerobatic and wild flight envelope
  • Tow up to 3-meter span sailplanes with the included aerotow mechanism (servo sold separately)

Check out the E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS Here

May 10, 2019, 11:10 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
If anyone wants any more info, their is a thread already going for this plane.
Here.......https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Experience%21
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
May 14, 2019, 10:47 AM
EthanRC
i believe that my dad is gonna get on of these this summer and he is gonna have me put it together and maiden it.
May 20, 2019, 09:43 PM
I just ordered One...
May 22, 2019, 07:52 AM
Wish they sold a version without a receiver #teamFutaba .
May 22, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
Wish they sold a version without a receiver #teamFutaba .
They do . It's their PNP version.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...m-pnp-efl12475

Or you can buy with receiver and sell it for $50.....
May 22, 2019, 07:07 PM
Thank you - last silly question - do the wings come apart for transportation in regular vehicles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May 22, 2019, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
Thank you - last silly question - do the wings come apart for transportation in regular vehicles ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on you what you consider "regular vehicle". My Carbon Z Cub fits in a Audi A4 sedan (tight squeeze) . Here is someone's storage rack in post 18297.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=18297
May 23, 2019, 10:35 AM
@GP49 - Should have no problem stuffing it in to a VW Passat then . Thanks for answering !. I fly helicopters now, but wouldn't mind this plane, to get back into airplanes, and to fly when the fix'd wing flyers take over the flight line.
Jun 07, 2019, 09:39 AM
Anyone going for the Dubro tires right away?
What other upgrades are people planning?
Talon 90 with a power 60 again?
Jun 29, 2019, 03:07 PM

Nice plane

I just received my Carbon Cub, it is a beautiful plane. I just did the maiden flight this morning and it flies as good as it looks. Take off was straight and uneventful and it feels very solid in the air. There are just a couple of heads up to watch for during assembly. Be sure to use the white double sided tape, not the black tape, that comes with the kit to attach the vortex generators to the wing. If you use the black tape the color will show through the transparent orange vortex generator strips and won't look good. The white tape was attached to the decal sheet package and I didn't find mine until after I had used the black tape packaged with the vortex generators. I had to peel off the generators and black tape and redo it with the white tape. Also when initializing the receiver be sure and raise the tail so the fuselage is kind of level. If you don't raise the tail the receiver may not power up. The large diameter tires put the fuselage at a pretty sharp angle and I guess the receiver does not like it. The tires were a pleasant surprise, they are not the hard plastic ones but are a kind of firm foam, I think they are just right, no need to replace them. If you're thinking about this plane I can recommend it, great flyer. The orange paint is bright and looks great.
Jun 29, 2019, 03:45 PM
Has anyone setup the flaps/aileron mix?
Did you have to switch the control arm to the longer one?
If so did you notice you dont get near as much flap?
Jun 29, 2019, 08:29 PM
Did the flap % work for you? 0% didn’t raise the flaps up. They were down at about a 79 degree angle Had to adjust the horn. Couldn’t get flap aileron mix right either
Jun 30, 2019, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy65
Did the flap % work for you? 0% didn’t raise the flaps up. They were down at about a 79 degree angle Had to adjust the horn. Couldn’t get flap aileron mix right either
I can get the mix right if i move the servo horn.
Problem is i dont get the full down flap like i would if i use the shorter pushrod.
I think this is what it is.
Jun 30, 2019, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester48
...There are just a couple of heads up to watch for during assembly. Be sure to use the white double sided tape, not the black tape, that comes with the kit to attach the vortex generators to the wing. If you use the black tape the color will show through the transparent orange vortex generator strips and won't look good. The white tape was attached to the decal sheet package and I didn't find mine until after I had used the black tape packaged with the vortex generators. I had to peel off the generators and black tape and redo it with the white tape...
Thanks for posting this!

Unfortunately for me, like you, I followed the included manual and applied the black which was packaged with the VG’s. Only after did I notice how hideous it looked and then discovered the clear tape packaged separately. The note addendum was taped, but again unfortunately it was upside down so you only saw the note after removing :-(

Fingers crossed that I can remove black tape without further trashing the looks of an otherwise great looking model!

Note - I’ll post on other CZ-Cub SS forum in to maximize exposure

Note to Horizon - ask factory to either tape the note on the clear tape package so that it is readable and/or remove black tape.
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 XCub 60cc

Quick Reply