This thread is privately moderated by Keith Kindrick, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 09, 2019, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

How to program the throttle function for F5J / ALES using Spektrum DX9 / DX18

After several conversations on how to set up the throttle for F5J I quickly found that there is no one stop set of instructions to do this. ALES and F5J are the electric sailplane events where having an arming switch tied to throttle is very beneficial. ALES (altitude limiting electric sailplane) can use the standard motor setup in the DX9 / DX18 using the bind button or switch designated to power on the motor to 100%. That is pretty standard. What happens when you need to launch with a low power setting? Throwing the sailplane and going to the slider on the right or left is cumbersome at best. Another solution is to set a motor curve with a value on the low throttle setting. When you enable the arming switch it turns the motor on and you can then fly away with ease by not fumbling for the slider switch. Using a 3 position switch to select one of 3 motor speeds: loiter, cruise and climb (low medium and high) will make it easier to fly these events.

I have attached a series of instructions that will give you the basic idea behind what to do for this programming. With so many ways to do things this is just an example. You can use this to tailor toward your needs using various other switches.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply