Mar 17, 2020, 12:16 AM
Folding Spacetime
Mine definitely drifts rearward when inverted. Even though the swash is level. Haven't been able to figure it out. So, for me the 150s has been more enjoyable.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2020, 09:03 PM
Yen
Yen
What a fusion 180 is capable of (not me flying)

Blade 180Fusion Indoor flight (2 min 52 sec)
Mar 29, 2020, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
I can't try that out because I do not have a Talon 15 or 180 CFX motor anymore. Right now I am using the 4S Fusion 180 motor and batteries in my 150 S without any problems. Although that does not lead to any power increase.

I have never used the stock controller but used a MicroBrain gen 1 controller right from the start. I did notice a backwards drift but I don't let it bother me anymore. I used a Micro Brain controller because I had one lying around. One advantage of using the Micro Brain controller is that you can use cheaper and better servos. This is because the stock servos move in the opposite direction of most 3rd party servos. The only exceptions are the D5180MG servos from hawk-rc and the Lynx servos
Hi, I asked this on another thread, but can I use the 180cfx cyclic servo on the Fusion 180? I will be using the micro brain as well, cheers
Mar 29, 2020, 06:00 PM
I heard of people having issues mixing them, as long as you have 3 of the same, it will work.
Apr 04, 2020, 06:50 AM

Fusion 180 in 180 CFX Aluminum Case

Does anyone know if the Fusion 180 will fit in the 180 CFX Aluminum Carry Case? (With or without the canopy)

Thanks!
Scott
Apr 09, 2020, 01:26 AM
VE7FM
The follower arms for the 180 have never been available. It's going to be a little longer for stock but we will soon be able to get all of the parts for the 180.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/flybarl...-180-p-blh5823

Thank you to Brian Bremer who contacted the right people to get the proper part added for us.
Apr 09, 2020, 07:06 AM
Good news!
Apr 09, 2020, 01:32 PM
VE7FM
Brian Bremer has released a new firmware version for the Fusion 180 which addresses drift when inverted.

This is a quote of his post from HF:

I have identified the issue and updated firmware is available via spektrumrc.com or the spektrum programmer application.

Please make sure you download the file listed under the "Fusion 180 V1.59 Firmware (April 9th, 2020)" header.

The throttle % was converted to the digital value twice in two separate files this lead to the take off algorithms not being disabled.

Please keep in mind there is a 4 second delay from motor start to cover the impatient that go straight to stunt mode for take off.

Always ensure the Normal mode throttle curve is at or below 60% and stunt modes are above 61% on the Fusion 180 to ensure the takeoff algorithms are activated and deactivated at the proper times. This provides plenty of head speed adjustment to suit your preferences.

I do apologize for the problem and for not seeing this thread earlier. Unfortunately the issue was not detected in our alpha or beta testing and I was not aware of this until yesterday.

No other changes are necessary, simply install firmware, and as you should every flight pre-flight check the model, controls and gyros.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Apr 10, 2020, 06:30 PM
Yen
Yen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve
Brian Bremer has released a new firmware version for the Fusion 180 which addresses drift when inverted.

This is a quote of his post from HF:

I have identified the issue and updated firmware is available via spektrumrc.com or the spektrum programmer application.

Please make sure you download the file listed under the "Fusion 180 V1.59 Firmware (April 9th, 2020)" header.

The throttle % was converted to the digital value twice in two separate files this lead to the take off algorithms not being disabled.

Please keep in mind there is a 4 second delay from motor start to cover the impatient that go straight to stunt mode for take off.

Always ensure the Normal mode throttle curve is at or below 60% and stunt modes are above 61% on the Fusion 180 to ensure the takeoff algorithms are activated and deactivated at the proper times. This provides plenty of head speed adjustment to suit your preferences.

I do apologize for the problem and for not seeing this thread earlier. Unfortunately the issue was not detected in our alpha or beta testing and I was not aware of this until yesterday.

No other changes are necessary, simply install firmware, and as you should every flight pre-flight check the model, controls and gyros.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Great to see HH supporting their models! Thx for posting
Apr 10, 2020, 08:22 PM
VE7FM
Just an FYI for everyone. If you update the firmware it will reset the receiver. This means you will need to rebind and then perform a servo center adjustment, swash leveling and then pitch adjustment. Without it chances are it will fly quite terrible.

EDIT - this issue has been resolved, the receiver will no longer be reset when updating the firmware from version 1.58 to 1.59.
Last edited by TheSteve; Apr 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM.
Apr 15, 2020, 09:05 AM
I ordered some 4s x650mah 75c tattau batteries. It seems they may fit and a claimed weight of 74g. May push the 8.5oz fly weight limit but I fly in my backyard anyway. I ordered some recommended 4sx450mah tattau that weigh supposedly 42g just in case that is too much weight for my new fusion 180. Tattau batteries usually match the claimed size and weight very close -unlike some brands.
Last edited by Mortimerex; Apr 15, 2020 at 09:28 AM.
Apr 15, 2020, 11:35 AM
VE7FM
The Tattu 450 4S packs just fit - the 650's will probably require a mod to use them.
Also I think going to bigger battery on the Fusion 180 is a mistake, that is a massive amount of weight you're adding on a machine that doesn't have crazy head speed.
Apr 15, 2020, 04:20 PM
Quote:
The Tattu 450 4S packs just fit - the 650's will probably require a mod to use them.
Also I think going to bigger battery on the Fusion 180 is a mistake, that is a massive amount of weight you're adding on a machine that doesn't have crazy head speed.
Ok, thanks for the info. They are cheap enough that its no big deal. I may have a drone that they may work ok on. They're too small for my quad, but was able to cancel the order.
Last edited by Mortimerex; Apr 15, 2020 at 04:25 PM.
Apr 15, 2020, 04:37 PM
VE7FM
Once you get the 180 give it a try with the 450's. I'm sure you'll find its quite the handful. I feel like the 180 is my nemesis and that if you can master it, you can fly anything.
Apr 15, 2020, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Once you get the 180 give it a try with the 450's. I'm sure you'll find its quite the handful. I feel like the 180 is my nemesis and that if you can master it, you can fly anything.
Are you good with other helis about this size like the 230sv2, 150s, or 250cfx? If its that much a handful I may keep it on the shelf for half a year or more.

Quick Reply