May 09, 2019, 04:10 PM
A few things were not addressed:

The HORRID lower wing connections and the battery opening being too small so you end up messing up the paint getting

batteries in and out.

Also still have to physically plug in four servo wires when you put the wing on? Really you fixed that on the Cessna why not the CZC?

Looks like your putting a small American company out of business too, RIP Morganmill.com
Last edited by Shack1; May 09, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 04:59 PM
Jason I really enjoyed the demonstration video but from the looks of it you guys are as hard up for decent flying weather as we have been this spring. Rain, wind and cool temps.

Also any significance with the registration number on the wings?
May 09, 2019, 05:09 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack1
Looks like your putting a small American company out of business too, RIP Morganmill.com
Details on this? I'd never even heard of them until I saw someone talking about the Timber 110 and the XCub landing gear.
May 09, 2019, 05:18 PM
Thread OP
Yes, unfortunately we’ve been struggling to get a lot of test and video flying done over the last few months due to the weather. We decided to put that short “Quick Look” video together in between rainstorms last week so we’d have something to show you guys when we announced it, but we’re still planning to put together a “full length” video as soon as the weather allows! We’re also hoping to shoot some video when we’re flying at Joe Nall next week

Also, it’s MUCH easier to install/remove batteries with the tray now, and I don’t suspect Morgan RC sold many of those battery cartridge systems after we discontinued the original Carbon-Z Cub about a year ago. Not to mention they sell many other products, and FWIW, we proactively reached out to them many months ago and already worked something out.

As for the strut and servo attachments/connections, it takes a few seconds to attach/connect each and some changes simply weren’t possible due to tooling and other considerations (and rest assured we changed all that we practically could!). And if we have a chance, we’ll put together a video that shows just how quick, easy and not horrid it is to attach/connect them
Last edited by Jason M; May 09, 2019 at 05:23 PM.
May 09, 2019, 05:51 PM
WOW It seem that the Same people Always make Nasty comments on each and every plane that HH has put out for the last several years. It make me Laugh because in most cases the negativity starts as soon as the plane is put up on the website and no one here has even put it together and flown it yet.....HAHAHAHAHAH
May 09, 2019, 06:06 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
WOW It seem that the Same people Always make Nasty comments on each and every plane that HH has put out for the last several years. It make me Laugh because in most cases the negativity starts as soon as the plane is put up on the website and no one here has even put it together and flown it yet.....HAHAHAHAHAH
There hasn't been a single "nasty" comment in 3 pages.

Unless you consider any criticism at all to be "nasty".

There's nothing inherently wrong with criticism. Especially when you have the product lead chiming in to discuss the criticism.
May 09, 2019, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Details on this? I'd never even heard of them until I saw someone talking about the Timber 110 and the XCub landing gear.
Morgan mill was an after market accessory to mount your battery. I have Velcro on the stock battery tray with a Velcro wrap around and never felt a need for the Morgan mill mount.
But, many people did upgrade, it part of the fun.
Last edited by vebbysson; May 09, 2019 at 07:34 PM.
May 09, 2019, 07:26 PM
I knew that they would revamp the CZ Cub. I told a couple new guys in our club to wait. They were wishing the original hadn’t been discontinued. I bet they sell a bunch of these and the landing gear setups for the older version too.

I want this plane, but today’s other HH release is calling my name. I think I will sell a plane and save up for the Timber 110. Both look like tons of fun. .
May 09, 2019, 07:47 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Im not sure the new landing gear will hook up to the old cub. Might need the new mount plate on the bottom of the fuselage, or to mod original.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
May 09, 2019, 07:48 PM
Stay away from air edges!
E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does SS stand for?

Jim
May 09, 2019, 07:54 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Jim,

Carbon Cub SS is the name of that particular CubCrafters full-scale Cub sub-model: http://cubcrafters.com/carboncub

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
May 09, 2019, 08:04 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I assume SS stand for Super STOL, or Super Sport. The Cub SS was their first sport pilot class airplane.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
May 09, 2019, 10:06 PM
Stay away from air edges!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Jim,

Carbon Cub SS is the name of that particular CubCrafters full-scale Cub sub-model: http://cubcrafters.com/carboncub

Joel
Joel, that is very neat. Thanks for the link.

Jim

PS Here is a link to the CubCrafters Carbon Cub SS page.
May 09, 2019, 11:01 PM

Motormount

The original carbon z cub ran a BL50 motor. The motor mount spacing, if Iím not mistaken, has exactly the same bolt spacing as the power 60 motor. Does this new cub have the same spacing, and will a power 60 drop right in?
May 09, 2019, 11:18 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyman1
The original carbon z cub ran a BL50 motor. The motor mount spacing, if I’m not mistaken, has exactly the same bolt spacing as the power 60 motor. Does this new cub have the same spacing, and will a power 60 drop right in?
It's the same motor as the Cessna 150 which apparently was a slightly-updated version of the original BL50, but they all share the same part number of EFLM7450.

The Power 60/Talon 90 combo will probably still be the go-to swap though.

Quick Reply