May 09, 2019, 07:24 AM
Wonder if HH will provide a .SPM file for those who want to do crow and full span ailerons. Most likely, if you want those features you will need to purchase the PNP so you can use an 7-8 channel receiver. This is due to my understanding each aileron and flap must be on its own channel.
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 07:41 AM
Thread OP
You can use a 6-channel transmitter and the AR636 installed in the BNF Basic version to set up/achieve full span ailerons as long as you don’t plan on using SAFE Select (you simply plug the flap servos into separate channels, which will not leave a channel available to turn SAFE Select on/off). If you’d like crow, you will need to use a 7+ channel transmitter and receiver, and all of the servos are already equipped with extensions that are long enough to do that if you decide to remove the factory-installed Y-harnesses. This is the same way the recently released Timber X was set up, and we provided .SPM files for both standard (flaps and ailerons separate) and full span aileron (flaps on separate channels) setups (and I’ll confirm with the team that we’ll do the same here, and maybe also offer a file that includes crow for 7+ channel set ups!).
May 09, 2019, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip
Subscribed....and Jason, I'll be leaving home in about 6 hours....on my way to Joe Nall.

Hope to see you there,

Bert
Looking forward to meeting/seeing you there Bert! Myself and Matt Andren are currently planning to be there and getting everything set up at the electric line on Monday, but David Payne should be there and flying/showing off the Carbon-Z Cub SS at the main (classic) line as soon as Saturday/Sunday! BTW, we may also have a surprise for everyone when we get there

Also, we’re accepting pre-orders for the CZ Cub SS now and currently expect the first shipments to arrive in the US around the end of June! That said, we strongly recommend placing a pre-order NOW with your favorite local or online hobby shop to ensure you get one from those shipments and don’t have to wait longer if (when?) they sell out!!
May 09, 2019, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Looking forward to meeting/seeing you there Bert! Myself and Matt Andren are currently planning to be there and getting everything set up at the electric line on Monday, but David Payne should be there and flying/showing off the Carbon-Z Cub SS at the main (classic) line as soon as Saturday/Sunday! BTW, we may also have a surprise for everyone when we get there
More surprises!?!? Any hints? I was hoping for an EDF announcement this morning.

The new CZ Cub SS looks very cool also. I'm not much of a "big" plane guy but this one could be tempting especially with the ability to couple flaps and ailerons for full span ailerons. The available floats are a necessary option too.
May 09, 2019, 08:05 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Also, were accepting pre-orders for the CZ Cub SS now and currently expect the first shipments to arrive in the US around the end of June! That said, we strongly recommend placing a pre-order NOW
Don't have to tell me twice!

Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
May 09, 2019, 08:16 AM
Rabid Rabbit
Nice. I had passed over the big electric Cub before and got the Cessna. I may have to get this one, if it ever stops raining here.
May 09, 2019, 09:22 AM
I like the articulating gear, softer and larger wheels. An improved motor, but which size, maybe a 60?
Edit: the motor is a 50... too bad would like to have seen it stock with a 60.
May 09, 2019, 10:25 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
You can use a 6-channel transmitter and the AR636 installed in the BNF Basic version to set up/achieve full span ailerons as long as you dont plan on using SAFE Select (you simply plug the flap servos into separate channels, which will not leave a channel available to turn SAFE Select on/off). If youd like crow, you will need to use a 7+ channel transmitter and receiver, and all of the servos are already equipped with extensions that are long enough to do that if you decide to remove the factory-installed Y-harnesses. This is the same way the recently released Timber X was set up, and we provided .SPM files for both standard (flaps and ailerons separate) and full span aileron (flaps on separate channels) setups (and Ill confirm with the team that well do the same here, and maybe also offer a file that includes crow for 7+ channel set ups!).
You can do crow on the AR636 as well, but it requires reprogramming the AR636 for Flaperons (dual channel ailerons + flap capability) and running the flaps on a y connector.

It's only doing both crow and full-span ailerons that needs 7+ch
May 09, 2019, 01:00 PM
Would have preferred Cub Crafters yellow
May 09, 2019, 01:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You can do crow on the AR636 as well, but it requires reprogramming the AR636 for Flaperons (dual channel ailerons + flap capability) and running the flaps on a y connector.

It's only doing both crow and full-span ailerons that needs 7+ch
Correct, though I suspect most with 6-channel transmitters will want to use full-span ailerons rather than crow (and will not want to reprogram their receiver!)
May 09, 2019, 01:05 PM
New plane looks great
May 09, 2019, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
More surprises!?!? Any hints? I was hoping for an EDF announcement this morning.
\_(ツ)_/

Joe Nall is the perfect place to show new giant-scale models, though I suspect we'll be flying a lot of EDFs down on the electric line!
May 09, 2019, 01:11 PM
I review RC Products
That battery tray looks like an accident waiting to happen with packs that size. It barely handles 1800 3S/4S packs on the Pitts.
May 09, 2019, 01:27 PM
Thread OP
It's a completely different design, engineered very differently and has worked perfectly with batteries up to 6S 7000mAh (even when performing the most aggressive aerobatics this model is capable of)!
May 09, 2019, 03:27 PM
352nd FG Association
Like the paint scheme!!!

Quick Reply