May 08, 2019, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Programing FS-i6 controller

I have built an rc boat and I am using a flysky Fs-i6 controller. The only problem is that the motors won't reverse. The boat can go forward but not backwards. I was wondering if anyone knew how to program the controller so that this is possible.
Last edited by Pt 109; May 08, 2019 at 03:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 04:40 AM
When you say "controller" do you mean "transmitter", the radio that you hold?
If not, what is normally referred to as a controller is the box in the boat that controls the motor using instructions generated in the transmitter, known as an "ESC". ESCs can be reversing or forward only, are built as one or the other, and don't usually interchange. In brushed ESCs, extra hardware is needed for reversing. In brushless, there is a lot of extra programming to not only give reverse, but actual control as well.
May 09, 2019, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
Yes I meant transmitter. My ESC does reverse although for some reason the reverse stopped working and I am not sure how to make this possible again. I do not think that the problem is in the ESC though because everything else works fine, so something must have happened with the transmitter. Is there a way to reset your transmitter so that it is as it was when it was first used?
May 09, 2019, 03:46 PM
How does it behave?
Starting with the stick at center, pushing it forward should result in the motor turning one way, pulling it back results in it turning the other way. Assuming a reversing type ESC, the lack of reverse indicates an ESC that is now lacking an output transistor. Or, having just been messing with a programmable transmitter, the thought arises that it might have gained a wider deadband than it should along with the center-off not being as central as it should be.
With a forward only ESC, or one that has been programmed forward only, "motor stop" should be with the stick full down.
Using a servo tester to control the ESC will remove any uncertainty about whether the transmitter is sending dud information, or whether the ESC is not responding correctly.
While some ESCs can be set to be forward only, it isn't something that I have bothered with, but a read of the instructions for yours might reveal something along those lines, including how to do a factory default reset.
May 18, 2019, 05:46 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Some ESCs are programmed with a program card or various gyrations of the transmitter controls-It is possible that you just accidently changed the setting and need to reprogram the ESC as mfr02 suggest, that info should be in the instructions.
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Jun 17, 2019, 03:50 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Did anyone ever find out what boat it was?

Quick Reply