May 08, 2019, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Finding radio channel?

I have a Flysy FS-i6x, and an event I'm entering wants to know what channel I'm using. I'm still unfamiliar with the transmitter, and I can't find anything in manual that explains where this is listed. How do I find what channel it's currently using?
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2019, 03:11 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotHotel
I have a Flysy FS-i6x, and an event I'm entering wants to know what channel I'm using. I'm still unfamiliar with the transmitter, and I can't find anything in manual that explains where this is listed. How do I find what channel it's currently using?

You won't be using a specific channel, that is something from the MHz era, where you had your transmitter and receiver locked on a channel, and somebody needed to keep track of the channels in use, when multiple radios were active at the same location. With 2.4GHz equipment, generally the radio and receiver select a free channel, or constantly hop from one to another, so it prevents having a conflict with another radio. Plus you bind transmitter and receiver, so they agree to only listen to each other, and a competing transmitter signal can not take over your receiver.

Long story short, you can say to the event that you are using 2.4GHz radio and thus don't have a fixed channel.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
May 18, 2019, 06:57 AM
Thread OP
Thanks. Makes sense.

Quick Reply