This thread is privately moderated by JimHSoars, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2019, 06:28 AM
Donate Platelets
Thread OP
Discussion

Thoughts About My RC Airplane Hobby

I'm watching the news show Amanpour and Company on US public broadcasting and reading the E-Flite Valiant™ 1.3m BnF Basic thread. The subject on Amanpour is Chinese detention camps in West China for the local Uyghur (pronounced weeger) people. The Uyghur people are Muslim. Apparently they are being persecuted by the majority Han Chinese who have recently migrated in large numbers to the Uyghur home land in Western China. This made me realize how small my RC hobby is compared to how much time I put into it.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2019, 11:58 AM
Sober realities...
May 08, 2019, 03:33 PM
Hey, watch this!
I listen to BBC America news every day and switch between NBC and CBS nightly news - plus Amanpour if I'm still awake that late (I'm 76).

I too am always reminded how small our world has become - and how much this is not the world (or country) I grew up in.

Thank goodness I have this hobby and a club with "nice" people where I can let all that other stuff go.
May 08, 2019, 03:51 PM
Donate Platelets
Thread OP
I'm thankful that the Tulsa Glue Dobbers is such a great group of guys too.
Last edited by JimHSoars; Jun 27, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
May 08, 2019, 05:56 PM
Hey, watch this!
I listen to BBC America news every day and switch between NBC and CBS nightly news - plus Amanpour if I'm still awake that late (I'm 76).

I too am always reminded how small our world has become - and how much this is not the world (or country) I grew up in.

Thank goodness I have this hobby and a club with "nice" people where I can let all that other stuff go.

Quick Reply