Sep 04, 2019, 12:32 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Seems correct to me. If your betaflight configuration for the UARTs matches exactly as what's shown and when you scan for sensors nothing comes up, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

Betaflight does that character thing for me with lots of other models by the way. Not really sure what it is. And it is normal to get a reboot when going from the CLI tab to any other tab in betaflight for any model.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2019, 05:19 AM
K thanks, that puts my mind at rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Seems correct to me. If your betaflight configuration for the UARTs matches exactly as what's shown and when you scan for sensors nothing comes up, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working.

Betaflight does that character thing for me with lots of other models by the way. Not really sure what it is. And it is normal to get a reboot when going from the CLI tab to any other tab in betaflight for any model.
Sep 04, 2019, 03:23 PM
Folks could I ask a favour? I have bought the cinepro prop guards to install on my 2 inch Cygnet HD.

The motor mounting screws (M2 x 5mm) are too short for the prop guards, as are the M2 x 7mm screws that are used to mount the props. I reckon I would need M2 x 10mm screws.

If anyone could check how long the motor mount screws are I would be most grateful!
Sep 05, 2019, 12:31 PM
Germany, NDS, H
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagaiden
If anyone could check how long the motor mount screws are I would be most grateful!
Checked it and I measured M2 x 8mm.
Sep 06, 2019, 03:53 PM
Took my Cinepro F7 for it's first test flight in doors, just taking off and landing a few times, after a few tries I noticed the back right motor was twitching not moving and the screws underneath were very hot, I could also smell a slight burning, the other motors were cool, now the most it will do is twitch, I've tried it in three different modes and through the betaflight test tab, I also tried reversing the motors. It feels the same as the others to turn by hand, I am using all original screws and they are not tight. I tried it with prop off, still the same.

Any ideas?

A video of me raising the value in Betaflight.

https://streamable.com/apfte
Sep 06, 2019, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4wing
Checked it and I measured M2 x 8mm.
Fantastic - thanks!
Sep 10, 2019, 09:19 AM
Midlife crisis geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgate
Hi, I only get about 40-50m range with rhe F7/Flysky (fs-a8s v2) model. Tried ibus, sbus... My Trashcan has at least 3 times the range, same location & tx. Anybody know what I'm missing here? Updated to 4.0.3 btw. Sent a couple of mails to GepRC, wouldn't even acknowledge them
https://youtu.be/aof_CegnJLQ
Little follow-up on this issue: I replaced the receiver with a fli14+ model which has 2 antennas and rssi. I also redirected the antennas to point upwards in a v-shape.

This led to a much, much better experience with no more rx losses. I'm sure the new receiver has better reception due to its dual antennas, but I think the main issue with the original setup was the antenna orientation: Having it setup horizontally, especially when flying at low speeds, will harm reception considerably. My advice: point the antenna upwards
Sep 11, 2019, 12:33 PM
Hi, my CinePro came with BF 3.5.7. Can anyone make a dump of factory settings for BF 4.0.6?
Sep 12, 2019, 02:47 AM
Hello guys! Yesterday I designed and printed this CinePro case. It can host the drone, the allen key and three set of spare blades.

Overall sizes: 194x152x44h

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3857469

Alex

Inviato dal mio EML-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
Sep 12, 2019, 07:19 AM
Very neat, but a Tupperware box is probably cheaper!
Sep 12, 2019, 07:24 AM
Just sharing my bad experience with you all.

I tried to mount Cinepro guards on my CX2 and before frank4wing gave me the measurements for the motor mount screws I tried some M2 x 10 screws on one of the motors. I could see that they protruded through the bottom mount plate of the motor, and took them out immediately, but the damage was already done - when I fitted M2 x 8mm screws and the guards last night and fired her up, the motor in question did not spin. BLHeli confirms the ESC is okay and I ordered a replacement motor that will take several weeks to arrive from China.

SO

If you decide to take prop guards off your lovely Cinepros (not like I am jealous or anything), remember that the stock motor mount screws will be too long, and will physically damage the motors!
Sep 13, 2019, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagaiden
Very neat, but a Tupperware box is probably cheaper!
Tupperware in Italy aren't so lovely thin
Sep 15, 2019, 04:51 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Video doing some buzzing around with the Cinepro, dvr included to show the vtx.

Sep 17, 2019, 08:55 PM
Can someone tell me if the USB to connect betaflight is on the back of the board? Do you need to disassemble to connect USB?
Sep 17, 2019, 11:32 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
No disassembly necessary, the port is on the side as pictured on mine here. However you should try to use the shorest usb connector head as possible, and even in my case unfortunately it still goes in sideways. I'm not worried about stressing the port out too much really from doing this even though it's not idea since once it's setup you'll rarely need to change settings anyway. A more permanent solution would be some kind of right angle adapter perhaps.

Quick Reply