Aug 07, 2019, 06:05 AM
Hi all,

just got my Cinepro 4K F7 with the R9MM receiver.
I had two very frustrating days of trying to flash the R9MM from FCC to LBT, as we are not allowed to use the 900Mhz band in Europe. First I tried to do this via serial passthroug in betaflight, which did not work.
Then I soldered the cable from the transmitter to the receiver to flash it from the transmitter (Xlite), but it did not work, I got the error "... not responding".

Finally I realized that you cannot flash the R9MM via the Inverted.S - port pin, I had to move the cable to the "S.port/ F. port" pin ( pin 2 instead of pin 5)- then I could finally flash the damned thing.

I post this just in case anyone runs into the same problem... maybe it helps.

Does anyone know if I could flash a receiver which is being powered from the fc, so that I would anly have to solder the data cable from the Xlite to the s.port / f.port pin?

Best regards,

Quadmaker
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2019, 01:53 PM
Thinking of ordering one of these but I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the options for receivers ( (FrSky R9mm, XM+ , R-XSR, or TBS Cfossfire Nano). Any recommendations on which receiver would be best for my Taranis x9D plus?

I'm a novice FPV pilot and have no intention of flying long range.
Aug 07, 2019, 05:00 PM
I think for you it would be R-xsr or XM+
Aug 08, 2019, 04:16 AM
Get the R-SXR.

I got the R-SXR, sadly S.Port was not connected to FC. So I flashed F.Port firmware to the receiver and hooked it up to tx4 on the FC. Works great now!

I would also get the Caddx FC cable. To be able to change camera settings from betaflight.
Aug 08, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
I think for you it would be R-xsr or XM+
Appreciate it - thanks!
Aug 08, 2019, 05:10 PM
I just received mine! I did not however get any instructions on operation of the tarsier nor did i get a control board for the thing! It appears to be a two board stack with micro USB port. Is that how the camera is adjusted?

Never mind... found the user guide online.... reading
Last edited by Mitchie; Aug 08, 2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Too fast to type
Aug 08, 2019, 07:43 PM
Ok, now the problem. I still can’t seem to connect using wifi. I’ve installed the app, and press the rear button on the dvr until the green light starts to flash green. It will not connect. Am I doing something wrong?
Aug 11, 2019, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
Ok, now the problem. I still canít seem to connect using wifi. Iíve installed the app, and press the rear button on the dvr until the green light starts to flash green. It will not connect. Am I doing something wrong?
Do you use an iphone or android device to connect?
Aug 11, 2019, 04:30 AM
I use IOS, and I have it now. Looking really good!
Aug 11, 2019, 09:21 AM

BF4 pids

Hey folks,

I got my F7 cinepro this week and all is fine with initial testing. However, it came with BF3.5, whereas all the YT reviewers said theirs came with BF4 installed. Annoyingly they all said the tune was great so they didn't mess with it, so noone shared their pids.

Has anyone got an F7 version that came with BF4 installed. Is it tuned differently from stock? If so, could you share your diff please?

Cheers!
Aug 11, 2019, 12:58 PM
Germany, NDS, H
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_flying_fish
Hey folks,

I got my F7 cinepro this week and all is fine with initial testing. However, it came with BF3.5, whereas all the YT reviewers said theirs came with BF4 installed. Annoyingly they all said the tune was great so they didn't mess with it, so noone shared their pids.

Has anyone got an F7 version that came with BF4 installed. Is it tuned differently from stock? If so, could you share your diff please?

Cheers!
Cheers mate, I got my F7 Cinepro four days ago and it came with BF 3.5.7. It seems to fly great tho.
Aug 11, 2019, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4wing
Cheers mate, I got my F7 Cinepro four days ago and it came with BF 3.5.7. It seems to fly great tho.
Hey Frank mate. Yeah mine's flying well, just don't want to miss out on something even better!
Plus I was just curious that all the reviewers seemed to get BF4, but all customers got 3.5...
Aug 11, 2019, 06:17 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Hey Frank mate. Yeah mine's flying well, just don't want to miss out on something even better!
Plus I was just curious that all the reviewers seemed to get BF4, but all customers got 3.5...
You have to remember that most of the reviewers get preproduction models which are many times a little different than the ones that get sent out. From my experience BF 3.5.7 is much better on the micro whoops than BF 4.x.x
Aug 12, 2019, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
You have to remember that most of the reviewers get preproduction models which are many times a little different than the ones that get sent out. From my experience BF 3.5.7 is much better on the micro whoops than BF 4.x.x
Well that's kinda what I'm curious about. All the reviews said it flew great, and was on BF4, so I'm just interested to know how tuned from stock that BF4 version is. Wonder why they rolled back BF on the release models...
Aug 12, 2019, 05:08 AM
Germany, NDS, H
Quote:
Wonder why they rolled back BF on the release models...
Maybe because it's better as Gramps50 already said. I'm still missing a good experience with BF4. So far I tried it on two quads and it was horrible, your mileage may vary of course.

Quick Reply