This thread is privately moderated by burkefj, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 07, 2019, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dyna-Soar

I was asked by several folks to see if I could bring back my profile Dyna-soar kit I used to do as a rocket glider, due to the loss of true depron 6mm, the depron aero wasn't stiff enough to continue the kit and MPF was not uniform or stiff enough either. I was able to buy a supply of 9mm depron when rcfoam went out of business, so for a limited time I'm redoing the kit, calling it the Lifting Body, even though this is more of a small winged boosted glider than a true lifting body, it still fits the definition. Profile gets you maximium wing area, the 9mm is heavier but is definitely robust. Available from dynasoarrocketry.com

Here's a pic and video, 21" wingspan, 31" length, 14 oz rtf using a 24mm E-6 rocket motor. This is the same size as on the cover photo on top of the Titan II stack, but without a full fuse to make kitting/construction and flight times better. It can also be had with two other fuse/wingtip profiles to simulate X-24 or HL-10 styles

Lifting Body RC Rocket glider kit from Dynasoar Rocketry (1 min 9 sec)

Dynasoar Rocketry RC Lifting Body rocket glider kits, 3 styles to choose from! (3 min 5 sec)
Last edited by burkefj; May 09, 2019 at 12:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply