Nov 14, 2019, 02:57 PM
how long do you wait after turning it upright after plugging in the battery? It takes longer than you would think for the receivers to initialize when plugged in upside down then flipped over. during all the development, testing power systems, etc,.. hundreds and hundreds of flights, we always plugged them in on their back, clicked the hatch in place and flipped over to it's wheels. the receiver has to "see" upright and not moving for a period of time before it will initialize. it can seem like an eternity but it's probably no more than 10~15 seconds. The 636, 7350,9350, 637 (soon to be released), and the AS3000 gyro for the powersafe receivers all have this behaviour. they have 3 axis gyros and accelerometers in them, and the software needs this time upright and still to initialize
Latest blog entry: blog
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 03:14 PM
GW no issues with mine as i always wait for it to do its thing after putting up right before moving plane like i do with all my planes with as3x.
Nov 14, 2019, 03:22 PM
GWRIGHT's approach to getting the airplane to rebind is very interesting. I am certainly going to give it a try tomorrow. It is certainly more convenient than what I had been advised to do by my LHS. Thanks for you insight to this issue.
Nov 14, 2019, 03:50 PM
sblake, it's standard practice here on all models with batteries loading on bottom. I'm in product development at horizon. You can plug a battery in when the plane is upside down and let it sit there forever and it will never initialize until you turn it over and place it in an upright position. the stabilization system in the gyro recognizes when it's upright and motionless (or very near motionless) for a period of a few seconds then it will initialize.
Latest blog entry: blog
Nov 20, 2019, 06:54 PM

Timber X 1.2 BNF AS3X very twitchy

I took my new Timber X out for its maiden flight in a medium breeze. The AS3X compensation was extremely twitchy, so much so I think there may be something wrong with it. I have it set up so that I can toggle SAFE select or AS3X on a switch, and I'm sure SAFE select was off. I've turned on telemetry on my DX8G2 and the AS3X gains are shown in the pic. One is SAFE select, the other AS3X (not sure which one is which). Do these look ok? I don't understand AS3X gains and I don't know how to change them even if I did.
Nov 20, 2019, 09:41 PM
AS3X On this plane does not do twitchy.....As3x is always on on both modes.
Nov 27, 2019, 06:31 PM
Well all I know is that AS3X on my plane is twitchy. I know AS3X is on in both modes but I don't fly in SAFE select mode. If anyone else could share their AS3X gains from telemetry or app it'd be appreciated.
Nov 27, 2019, 10:04 PM
I flew both my Apprentice and my Timber X just last sunday. I had a break in the weather with temps in the high 30s to low 40s. Had no issues with either plane. The Timber is definitely a sport flyer that can be tame to fly when wanted.
Dec 09, 2019, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidrcbud
I took my new Timber X out for its maiden flight in a medium breeze. The AS3X compensation was extremely twitchy, so much so I think there may be something wrong with it. I have it set up so that I can toggle SAFE select or AS3X on a switch, and I'm sure SAFE select was off. I've turned on telemetry on my DX8G2 and the AS3X gains are shown in the pic. One is SAFE select, the other AS3X (not sure which one is which). Do these look ok? I don't understand AS3X gains and I don't know how to change them even if I did.
Would check to make sure the receiver is seated securely. That or an unbalanced prop are what can mess with AS3X more than anything.

Quick Reply