Jun 28, 2019, 04:40 PM
Some footage from last night.

GEPRC CinePro 4K (CADDX Tarsier) FPV Freestyle (0 min 49 sec)

FPV Freestyle in the Park - CADDX Tarsier 4K Camera (2 min 27 sec)

FPV Freestyle in the Park (Part 2) - CADDX Tarsier 4K Camera (1 min 56 sec)
Last edited by artvscommerce; Jun 28, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2019, 05:01 AM

Solder pad got off!

I just tried to GENTLY solder a tx/rx wire to the PCB. Just as the tin was cooled down i discovered the pad had come off!

And no: I dient FRY the pcb! Gently got a small drop of tin to make the contact and then the wire on - normal stuff, I guess.

Are there any other contacts to get TX/RX working!?
Jun 29, 2019, 02:00 PM
Aw man! that looks like a nightmare - is that silicone wire? If not silicone, the stiffness of the insulation may have contributed to lifting the tab off.

Thats a bummer - hopefully somebody will come long with an answer whether you can just follow the trace and solder on at the other end.

If you do find another solder point, consider using very thin silicone wire for it .

Good luck
Jun 29, 2019, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwenty
Aw man! that looks like a nightmare - is that silicone wire? If not silicone, the stiffness of the insulation may have contributed to lifting the tab off.

Thats a bummer - hopefully somebody will come long with an answer whether you can just follow the trace and solder on at the other end.

If you do find another solder point, consider using very thin silicone wire for it .

Good luck
Agreed. These wires are withplastic insulation, not silicone ones. Flexible silicone wires are the must in our hobby. On the other hand, Caddx could make the pads with through holes or with vias for more strength.
Jul 01, 2019, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Agreed. These wires are withplastic insulation, not silicone ones. Flexible silicone wires are the must in our hobby. On the other hand, Caddx could make the pads with through holes or with vias for more strength.
Good point!

Come on Caddx - there’s a suggestion for Tarsier v2
Jul 01, 2019, 07:20 AM
thanks for your comments - by now it seems that there's nothing that could save the PCB RX pad! didnt find anything else to solder the wire on so I'm kinda stuck in that case.

Any help of course still appreciated Just have an eye on that while soldering your pcb. The nasty thing about it: the connector dont offer TX/RX ... *doh* :-)
Jul 01, 2019, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiRaN
thanks for your comments - by now it seems that there's nothing that could save the PCB RX pad! didnt find anything else to solder the wire on so I'm kinda stuck in that case.

Any help of course still appreciated Just have an eye on that while soldering your pcb. The nasty thing about it: the connector dont offer TX/RX ... *doh* :-)
You can try to use aluminium foil as pad, solder the wire on and then glue over to secure

How to Solder copper wire to aluminum foil. (4 min 43 sec)
Jul 02, 2019, 03:53 PM
Just fitted mine and found that gps would not get a lock, had to move it down the frame, luckily I,m on a larger quad so it was not too much of an issue, but smaller frames might have issues. I donít use a mast.
Jul 03, 2019, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_mookie
Just fitted mine and found that gps would not get a lock, had to move it down the frame, luckily I,m on a larger quad so it was not too much of an issue, but smaller frames might have issues. I donít use a mast.
Noticed same problem on my 3" inch build. Takes some time to get a lock and only 6-8 sats and drops down to 2-3 while flying. Need to test some copper tape under gps.
Jul 03, 2019, 08:01 AM

Superview

Took the image and used the superview effect on it in Gopro Studio. I think the footage looks much better.
4k ultrawide superview
2.7k 60fps superview
Jul 03, 2019, 09:00 AM
About Superview
... the 4K looks strange in the moments the horizon changes from up to down and back!
Jul 03, 2019, 10:00 AM
Superview (real or simulated) is always going to look a little weird if you're flying around a
bunch of perfectly straight lines, as there are an excess of in that video. In most environments it simply
brings more moving terrain into view for a greater sensation of speed, while keeping the center
of the frame looking most undistorted.
Last edited by Daemon; Jul 03, 2019 at 11:25 PM.
Jul 03, 2019, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3
Noticed same problem on my 3" inch build. Takes some time to get a lock and only 6-8 sats and drops down to 2-3 while flying. Need to test some copper tape under gps.
Did some more testing and itís fine when not recording but when it starts thatís when it blanks the gps.
Jul 04, 2019, 10:54 AM
What's the FC cable for folks? Anybody get one with their camera?

Not quite sure why I need it but it was only tree fiddy from Caddxfpv.com
Last edited by ptwenty; Jul 06, 2019 at 05:31 AM.
Jul 05, 2019, 12:43 AM
you can control the Tarsier via iNav/Betaflight with that if I remember right. On the Web page it states:

Quote:
Caddx FC cable,with the this cable connecting the flight control board to Caddx camera,you can adjust the paremeters with the remote control.
https://caddxfpv.com/collections/acc...ducts/fc-cable

Quick Reply