Sep 17, 2019, 08:22 AM
you are pretty good informed, Montis ... tell us more
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Regarding configuration via QR Codes - you can have them printed out on the paper and you'll not need any mobile phone to configure the cam. Easy and quick. It is good to have this option.
Cept the current time is embedded in the settings so when you use a QR printout, it resets the DVR clock to the same value every time you scan the QR code and file timestamps become meaningless.
Sep 17, 2019, 11:19 AM
mdv
mdv
That is too bad. Wish they would have separate QR for time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Cept the current time is embedded in the settings so when you use a QR printout, it resets the DVR clock to the same value every time you scan the QR code and file timestamps become meaningless.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
In this case yeah, unfortunately you'll need smartphone for the setup...
Sep 17, 2019, 04:55 PM

Still photography with Tarsier?

Can someone please confirm if the Tarsier can do still photos at 12M pixel? I have built a 200g quad I'd like to use for arial photography. Is there a way to trigger a photo from the ground via wifi or, better, via a signal from the flight controller?

Thanks!
Sep 17, 2019, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Here you go - Tarsier V2

Looks like the Caddx tries to fix some issue by releasing V2. It also has optional VTX on the back of the camera.

Regarding configuration via QR Codes - you can have them printed out on the paper and you'll not need any mobile phone to configure the cam. Easy and quick. It is good to have this option.
I can understand if they added a live microphone and put a more flexible data cable on it. Maybe the microphone... but the data cable is still the same old.
There's no need to release another unit just to fix a software issue

That's so typical of Chinese marketing. They keep releasing new stuff that is supposedly an improvement on the V1. Instead of just 100% completing the first version to begin with.

I don't know about you guys.... But I have boxes of 98% complete FPV gears from years back. And most of the "latest" versions are only 5% better or more functional than the first release 3 years ago.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:57 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah

Runcam has their own 4K hybrid coming out soon.
lame. I want a super light camera with a stack mountable board that doesnt even try and do FPV. just record 4k and do it well. Ill add my own FPV cam thank you very much.

Sep 18, 2019, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
I can understand if they added a live microphone and put a more flexible data cable on it. Maybe the microphone... but the data cable is still the same old.
There's no need to release another unit just to fix a software issue

That's so typical of Chinese marketing. They keep releasing new stuff that is supposedly an improvement on the V1. Instead of just 100% completing the first version to begin with.

I don't know about you guys.... But I have boxes of 98% complete FPV gears from years back. And most of the "latest" versions are only 5% better or more functional than the first release 3 years ago.
FULL ACK! let me run to the list of first thoughts

- Runcam Split (Crappy fisheye cam, lame voltage acceptance)
- Foxeer Legend 2 (Crappy software, awefull WB, no way to get this nice)
- Foxeer Legend 3 (4K ... wohoow ... noisy, blocky, Poor WB, yet better as Legend 2)
- Foxeer Micro fpv cam (did flicker in the voltage display)
- GitUp F1 (yes i like the cam, no they didn't finish the software: using a mod that fixes the most fixable issues)
- Caddx Tarsier ... well ... yes it works, and I'm 4K so no problem with 2.7K but eh ... not finished

... and thats only for the cameras !
Sep 18, 2019, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiRaN
FULL ACK! let me run to the list of first thoughts

- Runcam Split (Crappy fisheye cam, lame voltage acceptance)
- Foxeer Legend 2 (Crappy software, awefull WB, no way to get this nice)
- Foxeer Legend 3 (4K ... wohoow ... noisy, blocky, Poor WB, yet better as Legend 2)
- Foxeer Micro fpv cam (did flicker in the voltage display)
- GitUp F1 (yes i like the cam, no they didn't finish the software: using a mod that fixes the most fixable issues)
- Caddx Tarsier ... well ... yes it works, and I'm 4K so no problem with 2.7K but eh ... not finished

... and thats only for the cameras !
- Caddx Turtle V1 (forgot to include the mic, no remote control - RX/TX pads unusable, bad routing/component placement, leaving only 3 mounting holes)
Sep 18, 2019, 09:55 PM
'Extreme Fabricator'
I wonder if its not a Chinese government inspired problem. These companies generally fly blind in their own communist bubble, they are generally forbidden from open internet access, everything they do get is heavily screened by the government and that can go right down to email level communication. They probably rarely hear the feedback we all give, unless they run the risk of using a vpn, but by risk, along with other penalties, their social credit score sytem would easily stop anyone trying.
Its also the reason there are so few Chinese members in rcg despite their massive population.
Sep 19, 2019, 01:09 AM
Besides we are turning the Thread offtopic ... I think you're taking it to far here.

Lets get back on track
Sep 19, 2019, 04:04 AM
Here are some more pictures of the V2
Sep 19, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviaviator
Please explain to me how to take photos using a radio transmitter (Taranis)?
Also I will be very grateful for an example of a photo made by this camera.
Thanks you!
Please... Could someone outline the capability of this camera to take photos please? Can they be triggered from the ground somehow or are we stuck with the video+photo mode? Sample photos really would be nice to see!

Thanks!
Sep 19, 2019, 07:56 PM
'Extreme Fabricator'
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad0112358
Please... Could someone outline the capability of this camera to take photos please? Can they be triggered from the ground somehow or are we stuck with the video+photo mode? Sample photos really would be nice to see!

Thanks!
That's precisely what's stopping me from buying this camera right now. Something so utterly basic as pwm control is mindboggling not to be there. It's like NASA flying a man to the moon but forgetting to put a door in the LM...
Sep 22, 2019, 05:35 AM
Dont buy it mate

Picture quality is great but the inability to control it with any of the spare switches it channels is a joke.

I’ve ordered the Runcam Hybrid 4k instead.
Guaranteed compatibility with transmitter switches.

Quick Reply