May 06, 2019, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Elelctric Flight Line Procedures

First timer with a quick question. What's the basic procedure for flying on the electric flight line? Sign up, first come first serve, one flight per turn? Basically trying to figure out if I need more than two batteries for one of my planes. If the volume is such that you don't get to fly that much, I'm sure I'm good with the two I have and recharging at the RV in between sessions/days. Please accept my apologies if the details are on the Triple Tree website and I've managed to completely miss them.

Cheers,
Mark
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2019, 07:18 AM
I have always had pretty good luck just walking up. Its a pretty busy flight line so you may have to wait a minute or two, but it goes fast. Usually there isnt much wait. I typically go up with one battery, do a flight, and then give up my flight station to who ever is next.
May 07, 2019, 08:09 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapplane
I have always had pretty good luck just walking up. Its a pretty busy flight line so you may have to wait a minute or two, but it goes fast. Usually there isnt much wait. I typically go up with one battery, do a flight, and then give up my flight station to who ever is next.
That's pretty much how it works on all the flight lines. Once busy a line will for for the next available flight station. Once up, fly your flight. Once done with your turn at the flight station (1 flight), you then get back in line.
May 07, 2019, 10:49 AM
Here's my pro tip! Figure out who is the guy flying the EDF jet and get behind him, you won't have long to wait!!
May 07, 2019, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the responses guys! Cleared up my questions. Cheers!
May 07, 2019, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanley72
Here's my pro tip! Figure out who is the guy flying the EDF jet and get behind him, you won't have long to wait!!
Haha good point. Never get in line behind the power glider guy. Rookie mistake.
May 08, 2019, 03:41 PM
With the new fabric runway there will be a ton of EDF's wanting to play!
May 09, 2019, 10:23 AM
Never too old to learn
highnpressurized: At the Electric line there are 5 stations. Pick a station, if there's a line just wait your turn. One flight per turn. Good advice getting behind the EDF guys. You can always go to another station if it opens up. I've not had to wait more than 15-20 minutes to fly.
You also need a spotter. If you don't have a buddy, Just ask around you'll get a spotter. Announce take-offs and landings.

Tom
May 09, 2019, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Tom,

Thanks for the concise reply. Sounds easy enough. I am binging a flying friend from South Africa so I should be set on the spotter.

On another note and hopefully without starting a new thread.....I registered as a pilot and camper arriving Monday. My work schedule cleared up a bit and I can now arrive on Sunday. Any idea if this would be a problem?

Cheers,

Mark
May 10, 2019, 10:32 AM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnpressurized
Tom,

Thanks for the concise reply. Sounds easy enough. I am binging a flying friend from South Africa so I should be set on the spotter.

On another note and hopefully without starting a new thread.....I registered as a pilot and camper arriving Monday. My work schedule cleared up a bit and I can now arrive on Sunday. Any idea if this would be a problem?

Cheers,

Mark
They have a computer set up at the registration soon after you drive in. They should be able to make any changes with no problem. Done it myself. Don’t worry.
May 10, 2019, 12:47 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Is this procedure standard with most flightlines?
May 10, 2019, 02:01 PM
Dont get behind the one guy who goes up there with like 5 packs and flys the wing either. Not only does he hog the line hes super dangerous the way he flys. You cant miss him trust me...
May 10, 2019, 07:39 PM
Bob418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79
Dont get behind the one guy who goes up there with like 5 packs and flys the wing either. Not only does he hog the line hes super dangerous the way he flys. You cant miss him trust me...
I know that guy and yes he is SUPER Dangerous, he hit a person 2 years ago!!! but otherwise it is a great place to fly!!!
May 11, 2019, 06:41 AM
MK
MK
Quote:
Someone should report that to the flight line marshalls. Not only the dangerous flying part but the fact he goes up with five packs. Not cool to hog up a flight station like that. Of course, if there are empty stations and nobody is waiting (there are times like that), have a blast then.
May 12, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
I remember this guy from the Fall event two/three years ago. He's a talented pilot, but the way he flies is very disconcerting.

Quick Reply