May 06, 2019, 08:37 AM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
New Product

H-King Fokker D.VII Biplane

The H-King Fokker D.VII is a beautiful replica of this outstanding German World War One biplane fighter. It is built from balsa and film and has molded plastic parts for a realistic scale look.

The Fokker D.VII came into service for the German Air Force (Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte) in May 1918 was a very maneuverable single-seat biplane. It had a good rate of climb and prop hang for a short period of time and a very docile stall and was hard to spin making it an ideal flying machine. After the war, the Allies took large numbers of the aircraft and they were used by a large number of air forces worldwide.

As a PNF model the H-King Fokker D.VII comes with pre-applied covering film and stickers plus the molded plastic cowl, guns and wheels provide a very realistic look. All electrics come pre-installed including a 2212-1000KV motor, 20A ESC and 4 x 9g servos. There is some building to do such as fitting the wings, rudder and wheels before flying can be done. You will also need to supply a 2200mAh 3S 40C battery and radio system to get it flying.

Overall the Fokker D.VII is a fantastic plane to fly and you should be able to do all the stunts that the original aircraft did as well as great scale flying. It’s time to chase those Sopwith Camels around your flying field.

Features:
• Lightweight balsa and plywood construction
• High quality covering film pre-applied
• Authentic undercarriage with scale WWI wheels
• Large battery hatch for easy access
• High-quality hardware included
• High-quality motor, ESC and servos included
• Easy to assemble

Specs:
Wingspan: 925mm
Fuselage Length: 720mm
Weight: 820~840g (depending on the battery pack (not supplied))
Servo: 9g x 4
Motor: A2212-1000KV brushless
ESC: 20A w/BEC
Propeller: 11”x5”

Requires:
1 x 2200mAh 3S 40C Lipo
1 x 4~6 Channel Radio Transmitter / Receiver System

Fokker D.VII Biplane
Last edited by Andy852; May 31, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2019, 01:06 PM
Parkstormer!
Just spotted this on the HK website; must resist, at least until I’ve got their Camel up and running!
May 07, 2019, 09:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Well I couldn't resist. I am so glad I managed to resist the Sopwith Camel as the Fokker D.VII was exactly what I have been hoping to find in this size. I can't wait to get it in the air!
I hope my 3S 1300 and 1800 packs will work in it.

Edit 5/8: delivery date is 5/15 Will post photos...
Last edited by JohnM; May 08, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
May 09, 2019, 03:59 PM
I flew all mine on 1050-1400 packs with good flying time. I believe I mostly used 9-6 props on 1000kv- 1200kv motors. I'll probably pick up a D7 even though I still have one.

Cheers--Stacker
May 15, 2019, 02:04 PM
Lifetime Member
The package arrived this morning and I manage to get it un-boxed before I had to leave for work. I was very pleased that it was very well packed, (dbl-boxed), and although the outside boxed sustained some minor damage, the inside boxed was damage free. With the cost of shipping, this is a huge cost savings when free shipping is included in the price
I manage to snap some pictures too...
May 16, 2019, 09:40 AM
Thanks for posting pictures.

Sure looks like the old GreatPlanes version but missing louvered engine panels and machine guns which is too bad. These parts can easily be made though. The covering actually looks better then the old ones. I'm one the fence but might have to buy.

Take care -- Stacker
May 23, 2019, 07:30 PM
Lifetime Member
After removing all the parts from the plastic, everything appeared to be in excellent condition except for one of the ailerons. I will need to buy some CA hinges at the hobby shop this weekend and attempt the repair.
The quality of the covering work looks excellent to me.
May 31, 2019, 03:24 PM
Lifetime Member
I completed the build over the past weekend. My local hobby store didn't have any CA hinges, so I used some Blenderm tape for hinging the aileron until I can order some. The wing struts took me a long time to get installed. There did not appear to be any pre-marked or pre-drilled holes for the screws to help with the alignment. There are some ply doublers that they get screwed into but it was a bit of trial and error getting them all installed. I ended up with some holes that I made in the covering that I will need to hide.
The maiden flight took place on Sunday and I took some pictures before it took to the air. It looks fantastic on the ground as well as in the air. As far as the flights, I had 4 Turnigy Graphene 3S 1300mah packs charged up and ready. I flew all 4 packs but the plane is unfortunately in need of repairs before anymore flights.
I expected the plane to be somewhat different to fly but I will really need some more stick time on it to get a better feel for it. It requires significant rudder coordination with the use of the ailerons. The landings were where I had the most problems as the steel landing gear are easily bent. The wooden prop is also not flexible and caused the motor shaft to bend on my 4th and last landing for the day.
I will be ordering a replacement motor shaft and a replacement motor, (Power Up 400 Sport (2212/13T) ), from Heads Up RC and will be testing out some plastic props for the next flights. I will also be attaching some non scale landing gear on the plane as well. I need to straighten out the landing gear as they got quite mangled from the 4 landings
May 31, 2019, 04:54 PM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
Looks great John, well done!
May 31, 2019, 08:05 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks Andy852. It is a beautiful airplane. I need to find a pilot for it and get it hung up in my workshop as a decoration while it isn't flying.
Here is what the landing gear looks like now A little unbending and it will be back to almost as good as new.

Quick Reply