Aug 04, 2019, 05:01 PM
I just got the 02c with the random camera up front, as well. Doesn't work, but there it sits.

I think the actual LCD screens in the 02c's are not as good as those in my original Sky 02 v+'s or whatever they are called, the original Sky 02 model.

The new screens are a bit darker, and light transition -especially at night - is not quite as good as the original pair I have.

That said, the new ones bring a bunch of welcome new features! The power switch is incredible and not sure why no other goggle manufacturer has really latched onto this as a feature. You can now autostart the DVR recording when you power up, and if you're still recording when you hold the power button down to turn off the goggles, they will stop the recording first before turning off. Finally!

Fan is a nice add! I put a fatshark fan on my old pair using a 3d printed mount solution, but this is much nicer.

Also, anecdotally the reception is much better in the Sky 02c's versus the original Sky 02's. I can fly farther and still have a clear picture. The independent rssi icons in the osd are a nice addition - they show you the relative strength coming in from each receiver.

I think all in all these are a step up. I'm going to crack both pairs open and see if I can put the original screens in the new goggles. I'll report back.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2019, 06:45 PM
Cons
Faceplate sucks. Doesn't fit. Hurts nose bridge.
Screens are too dark, little detail. Maybe this can be fixed in new fw.
Dvr sucks. Maybe this can be fixed in new fw.
Camera isn't working. I don't care, I've never really used it on my old 02.

Pro's
No light leak (on the white version).
Colours look good.
Reception is good.

Something I noticed today, diversity seems to favour the left antenna. I was flying far out with a pagoda on the left and a patch on the right and as the signal degraded had to cover the pagoda for better reception. I will test this theory by swapping them.
Aug 08, 2019, 11:27 AM
Jeffri Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by indus49
I'm going to crack both pairs open and see if I can put the original screens in the new goggles. I'll report back.
Your review are interesting
I also looking for the best cheap pair goggle to replace my previous one
Best feature goggle with best LCD, that sounds legit...😋
Aug 12, 2019, 04:30 PM
Positive review of the SKY02C from Albert Kim

Why I switched from Fatshark to Skyzone FPV Goggles 🕶️ (13 min 12 sec)
Aug 17, 2019, 08:27 PM
I had the domv3 and I was looking at this sets, any one that had the dom v3 can make a comment? Are the screen more immersive then dom v3? I did see the video above.
Aug 24, 2019, 07:38 PM

SKYZONE SKY02X 5.8Ghz 48CH Diversity FPV Goggles review

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

Skyzone SKY02X FPV Goggles review. This SKYZONE SKY02X 5.8Ghz 48CH Diversity FPV Goggles Support 2D/3D HDMI Head Tracking With Fan DVR Front Camera For RC Racing Drone review includes unboxing, overview, features, functions & tests. I also share this with other fpv rc pilots to get their impression and opinion of this Skyzone 02X FPV headset.

Skyzone SKY02X FPV Goggles review. 2D 3D 5.8ghz Diversity FPV Goggles (23 min 44 sec)
Aug 30, 2019, 02:31 AM
Hi all,
Just got my 02x in green... I'm posting a picture as this is not a common color 😁

I've not yet tried them but can report light leaks from 1) the right antenna connector and 2) the fan..
With the antenna in the leak is attenuated. Let's see how that is outside.

Else I have a normal Caucasian face and the faceplate is too flat for me, accordingly the faux-leather pad that is thinner than the foam leads to a poor seal. I need to find better faceplates. Any recommendations?
Sep 05, 2019, 01:06 AM
Hi all,
It seems my HDMI input is not working properly. Please see here:
Skyzone 02x broken HDMI input (3 min 48 sec)

Do you have similar issues?
Sep 09, 2019, 05:59 PM
if you had Aomway Commander V1.Would you upgrade to the SKYZONE SKY02C from those?(is it better picture or colors?) the one with oled(sky 03O) is just 4:3 and im used to 16:9 so i dont want those.i havent tried anything else than Commander V1, so dont know about other brands quality.
It's a very good price on the skyzone goggles now
Sep 09, 2019, 08:00 PM
Uavfutures and the people who tried SKYZONE SKY02X in the review video on youtube says the colors and picture is better.Maybe worth to buy
looks like a really good goggle for the price.
Sep 14, 2019, 04:28 PM
Got myself the Sky02X and I like them very much. BG delivered quickly to central EU.

Does anyone care to share their image settings?

I pretty much left them at default but just reduced brightness by 5 points to 45.

Thx
Yesterday, 04:23 PM
On another note. I tried out the headtracker today for the first time. It’s pretty much useless I would say. After moving your head from back and forth about 5 times the gyro has drifted so much that both pan and tilt servo signals are at their max values and one has to recenter everything to midpoint with the right big button on the goggles. Then the game starts over.

Meaning one would have to take away one hand from the remote every few moves to press the center button when flying.

So not really a buy recommendation if that feature matters to one.

Quick Reply