Sep 08, 2009, 02:25 PM
Don't worry. I slogged through the storage bin and found mine.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2009, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman2
Don't worry. I slogged through the storage bin and found mine.
Now that you have them handy, I would sure love a copy, mine were lost during my overseas move.
Oct 01, 2009, 10:04 PM
Maidened mine on Tuesday! While on a road trip. Flew really nicely. I hand launched it but off a small hill (2 meters). Which helped because the first toss was not successfull. Turns out I had a couple clicks down trim. Second toss at neutral took off fine and the hill was not necassary. On the small outrunner, old and well used Kokam 3S1P 1500 and a slow fly apc 8x3.8 I had to fly full throttle. I think this motor would be better on a 4S or more prop.
Oct 01, 2009, 10:30 PM
I made the wing permantely attatched. Generaly speaking I find I have trouble with damage on any HL plane if you hook a wing while HL'ing or landing. But mostly speaking on botched HL'es. So I decided to experiment on this one to see if it was a more longer lived method of construction. Time will tell. One draw back is access. So there is a hatch on the top. A piece of formed sheeting with tabs. And a side door wich was planed for battery removal but ended up just being access for the batt wires. The motor cowling (in red) is removable too. With the power train I cobbled together I could not achive the CG. So I had to add two cowl formers (roughly 1/2") seen in the pictures in brown. So I have a slightly elongated rata. Perhaps I'll install a slightly heavier 4S battery and eliminate these formers. I forget the all up weight at the moment. But as soon as I get the scale unpacked I'll weigh it again.
Oct 02, 2009, 02:16 PM
Found my scale. All up weight is bang on 500 grams wich is just shy of 17oz. Target weight is 20-22 oz. So I certainly could afford to put in a lager battery. Model still fly's well at this lower weight under no wind conditions.
Oct 02, 2009, 03:48 PM
Live to fly!
Check out this short video I found on you tube - an I-16 aerobatics team...
Soviet Aerobatic Team Red Five (1 min 44 sec)
Oct 06, 2009, 03:28 PM
Charged up and buzzing
obsolete
Last edited by vampire67; Oct 06, 2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: link is not static, deleted post
Dec 15, 2009, 12:52 AM
Very Cool plane .TDM should do a larger version glow powered for my YS 120sc . That plane is fun on the IL2 1946 sim
Last edited by pencon; Dec 15, 2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: because
Aug 19, 2012, 02:22 PM
Ok, it's been quiet here, so let's put some movement in this thread..
Ordered my kit on 10Th of August, so when the kit arrives i will start posting some pics on the building as advances..

Pablo.
Aug 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Awesome!

I just received an I-16 short kit from TDM too!

Right now I've printed the plans on a regular paper with a wingspan of about 10" just to see how the parts go together!

After that I'll tackle a full-sized plane!

(I also got the 109 and IL2 plans)

Can't wait to see this thread take off!

Will
Aug 23, 2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenz28
Awesome!

I just received an I-16 short kit from TDM too!

Will
you lucky guy!!, I'm still waithing for my kit, but at least today i printed my plans!!
Thanks Terry for your help!!!

Pablo.
Aug 28, 2012, 02:46 AM
Ok, here's my "build" hahaha!

A few pics and an item for scale.

It looks like a good build... Next stop, Kinkos!

Ciao,

Will
Sep 01, 2012, 12:31 AM
What goes up ...
Hi Guys,
Glad to see this being revived. I started in on this kit in January and I got up to the point of putting on the wing top skin before spring hit. I'll be starting up again and hopefully finishing this winter. The kit is very well done and Terry (and this thread as one on RCscalebuilder) is a good help at answering any questions.
Enjoy,
Dave
Mar 20, 2017, 10:52 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Old thread but I thought I would add a little to it. I've been cleaning out my storage and found the kit I purchased many years ago and never built. I had gotten the plans and wood kit from Terry.
I had two sets of plans printed so just decided to do a quick build to take to SEFF. I'm saving the kit and cutting up one set of plans to use , building the plane in my preferred fashion rather than the traditional wood build.
Main thing I want to do is keep it light because I know if you get heavy ( esp in the tail=balance problems) you'll have a rocket and I'm not looking for that.
Thinking I will make it a one piece airplane as it was designed, saves a bit of weight but you need to plan ahead for gear placement, battery, hatch, etc.
Started with the wings and tail feathers.
The wings are built up of foam with balsa LE and aileron cap. 3mm skins top and bottom. Tail feathers are 6mm black depron I had laying around. They get balsa LE and elev & stab caps.
About done with them and now thinking how I want to do the fuse.
Wings weigh 3.5 oz total as they sit now. A single servo on the ailerons might reduce weight and get the servo forward of the CG but I would rather use two servos in the wing panels. They aren't too far back from the CG and you lose all that heavy wire of the torque tubes so I think it's close to a trade off.

J
Mar 20, 2017, 11:03 AM
Dam, I blinked and it's almost ready to fly!

L.

Quick Reply