May 06, 2019, 09:15 AM
Thread OP

Many examples built

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray285 View Post
they make nice boats tim good luck with the build
regards ray
Hi Ray, it's true, Hundreds of people have built these MBD kits and others like them over the years ~

Thanks for the good wishes, I will do my best.
Last edited by Tim B.; May 16, 2019 at 01:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2019, 09:21 AM
Thread OP

Busy shop

Here are pictures from the face book page, their shop a Busy place:
Last edited by Tim B.; Dec 08, 2019 at 12:43 AM.
May 06, 2019, 09:46 AM
With my Welsh heritage all these boats makes me want to grab a Pasty Pie!
May 06, 2019, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
Race Ya !

Cygnus Cyclone 35 And 38 (2 min 43 sec)
May 06, 2019, 10:00 AM
Thread OP

74 Knot winds

Likely more like This:

trawler at sea (1 min 33 sec)
May 07, 2019, 05:55 PM
Thread OP

Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
Great, a new build! That's a nice subject. Can't wait to see what's included in that kit
Afternoon Sylvain, not much to this kit ~

It is available with a gantry, winch and some other accessories but this one will be built in a different configuration so only the basic hull, deck and house parts were ordered ( the rest will be made from scratch ).
May 07, 2019, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Afternoon Sylvain, not much to this kit ~

It is available with a gantry, winch and some other accessories but this one will be built in a different configuration so only the basic hull, deck and house parts were ordered ( the rest will be made from scratch ).
The quality seems to be really good.
May 07, 2019, 08:18 PM
Going to build into a fine model.
Latest blog entry: Sea Maid
May 07, 2019, 10:04 PM
Thread OP

Moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravman View Post
Going to build into a fine model.
Gotta keep up with RMay, he is almost done, only 3 weeks in !

Got some hull prep done today ~

Light sanding top to bottom, carefully opened up the stuffing box hole in the keel.

Using the last of 5 Raboesch tubes and Kardan coupling sets bought a few years ago from Harbor as well as the last of 5 Torpedo 500's .

If it overheats, an 800 will go in, we will see.

Cradle made a few days ago is dry, the hull sits in it now.

The real prize is I finally get to use a cast brass prop that came off of a scrapped Tug model from England that was made in '68, a perfect fit and the patina is nice.
Last edited by Tim B.; May 11, 2019 at 09:29 AM.
May 08, 2019, 07:27 AM
I was only 10 miles away from Caernarfon last sunday piking up my lifeboats...…….had I known of your build I could have popped down and got some detailed shots of her for you, tim.…..next time i'll shoot down. its only a 2 hour drive from home near Fleetwood.

neil.
May 08, 2019, 08:57 AM
Thread OP

Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhp651 View Post
I was only 10 miles away from Caernarfon last sunday piking up my lifeboats...…….had I known of your build I could have popped down and got some detailed shots of her for you, tim.…..next time i'll shoot down. its only a 2 hour drive from home near Fleetwood.

neil.
Indeed ! I should have known, Fleetwood is relatively close by ~ not a short commute but if you go back again, Any pictures of any of the boats would be Great Neil !
Last edited by Tim B.; May 14, 2019 at 06:57 PM.
May 08, 2019, 11:02 AM
I know Whitehaven very well, Tim...it is a nice port on the west coast of the lake district.

just as Caernarfon is about 2.5 hours south of me in Wales, with beautiful countryside, Whitehaven is 2.5 hours drive the other way up north to the western edges of the lake district. Daniel Defoe auther of Robinson Crusoe was a resident of the town, and both Mary Shelley [ Frankenstein creator and captain cook] were also stayers in the port for some time.

it's a nice place.
May 08, 2019, 03:22 PM
Hi Tim,
looking good. I do like fishing boats and will keep an eye on your posts.

Thanks for sharing
Wilhelm
May 09, 2019, 06:55 AM
hi matey...……….just spoken to my mate Stavros who sprayed my models for me on the phone...……………..you are a lucky man.. .stav actually works in Caernarfon and not far from the docks...….he is at home today but is back in work tomorrow and has his camera in the car...……..he will pop down to the docks after work tomorrow evening and if she's not out fishing, he'll try getting some detailed shots for you of Sophia.

Quick Reply