Oct 08, 2019, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
More stickers from Callie arrived yesterday, the gold “wings” and white I.D. letters for the bow, instead of the “KT” seen on the real boat ( the owners initials ), she made up some TB stickers in white.

Callie Graphics is definitely The go to source for just about any graphic you need, she only needed a few simple dimensions and a couple of images to get it done.

https://callie-graphics.com/
Last edited by Tim B.; Oct 12, 2019 at 07:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2019, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert F
Nice work My good man, nice work indeed. I like the checker plate touch and the frame work on the stern is superb.
Thanks Robert, your compliments are much appreciated.
Oct 08, 2019, 06:51 PM
r/c ships and workboats
Looking good there Tim.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:14 PM
Very nice work. I can never keep my work area that clean
Oct 10, 2019, 04:38 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Nicely done.
Oct 10, 2019, 06:50 PM
beautiful stuff Tim...………...your painting skills make a superbly built model, just sublime.

I wish I had your skills.
Oct 10, 2019, 07:41 PM
Beautiful , beautiful work Tim! I really like your attention to details. This is goong to be a very unique model. Did you use Krylon silver spray paint for the aluminium parts?
Oct 10, 2019, 08:29 PM
That is some fine work Tim. Looks great.
Latest blog entry: Myrtle Corey
Oct 12, 2019, 03:39 PM
Thread OP

Busy season

Thanks very much everyone ~

It's been a bust rally season but it is winding down, more time for boat models soon.

A few of the local cars back at the shop;

http://www.emilesscperformance.com/
Oct 12, 2019, 07:29 PM
Thread OP

Stickers from Callie

Another set of stickers from Callie arrived, this time the boat name and home port that go on the stern ~
Oct 13, 2019, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B.
Thanks very much everyone ~

It's been a bust rally season but it is winding down, more time for boat models soon.

A few of the local cars back at the shop;

http://www.emilesscperformance.com/
looking at those classic brits I look with dewy misty eyes and think of my young days motoring when money was spent as soon as I earned it on cars like those.....never owned an MGA or the triumph TR3...…….BUT enjoyed my days with a big Healey mk3 phase 11, a tr6 and a very rusty Etype 2 plus 2, which fell apart before its next warranty of fitness...….the MOT to us limeys.

MY father died in June, and once his estate has been sorted by my brother and myself, I am going to buy another classic car for my fun toy in retirement...……..probably an MGB or MGC Roadster...

look forward to it.
Oct 13, 2019, 08:47 AM
Callie's stickers look great. They add so much to a model. Are going to do the red strip around the roof edge?
Oct 14, 2019, 11:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhp651
I am going to buy another classic car for my fun toy in retirement...……..probably an MGB or MGC Roadster....
Looking forward to That Neil !
Oct 14, 2019, 11:42 AM
Thread OP

Call Callie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain
Callie's stickers look great. They add so much to a model. Are going to do the red strip around the roof edge?
Yessir, red there will be ~

The glass roof provided in the kit isn't right for a Kingfisher so a new one will have to be made from sheet styrene.

That's OK as it will take some weight off the top.

Callie will be called on to make some more stickers, she has done a Great job every time over the years, I could Never have come up with them on my own ...

Quick Reply