May 11, 2019, 10:15 AM
Thread OP

Robbe Le Courageux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain
The quality seems to be really good.
It Is a good hull Sylvain, nice and curvy.

It's a lot like a kit I had last year that was also nice ( and rare ), a Robbe Le Courageux ~

Nice curvy fishing boat, but it was going to be too much to handle ( 40 + inches ).

It sold to a collector on the East Coast.
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2019, 10:24 AM
Thread OP

Gravman's interior detail work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravman
Going to build into a fine model.
Thanks Grav, you have set the bar high with your work here though !

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post38677927
Last edited by Tim B.; May 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
May 11, 2019, 02:51 PM
Thread OP

Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvs
Hi Tim,
looking good. I do like fishing boats and will keep an eye on your posts.

Thanks for sharing
Wilhelm
Afternoon Wilhelm, glad to see you here and thank you for your kind comment ~

A bit more done, the stuffing box is in and fixed with Loctite Premium Construction adhesive ( Very strong, completely water proof ).

The Harbor Models rudder has been modified to fit this model, the keel aft has been notched to accept a piece of brass stock that will index the rudder shaft at the bottom and protect it as well.

Inner rudder block is installed, mounted and sealed with the same Loctite adhesive.

Time to get a look at where the steering servo will be mounted ( also from Harbor Models ).
May 12, 2019, 08:05 AM
Nice, you already made some good progress. Do you have any idea how heavy it will be?
May 12, 2019, 10:03 PM
Thread OP

Pictures

Time to start planning a deck layout that will provide plenty of access for the battery, etc.

Not sure what it will weigh ...

Finding some good pictures of the deck and house interior, still hoping to hear from the owner.

If I cant contact them, another subject may be selected ...

Credit for many of these pictures goes to Trawler Photos:

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/
Last edited by Tim B.; Jul 24, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
May 13, 2019, 08:14 AM
Sounds like you'll have plenty of pictures from the source to help with the build. Nice simple pilothouse layout.
May 13, 2019, 10:50 AM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Great subject Tim. Are you adding the large bilge keels shown above? Would be an interesting addition and free boat stand at the lake.

DH
May 13, 2019, 11:34 AM
Thread OP

Bilge keels

Howdy Captain DH, glad to see you here ~

I do plan to add bilge keels, just like the real boat this model is gonna want to be rolly given the hull shape.

Not sure they will be as big as those you mention though ~

Many of the boats in that part of the world are out of the water daily due to the extreme tidal changes so some use the keels to an advantage.
May 13, 2019, 05:53 PM
Nice collection of photos
May 13, 2019, 07:49 PM
She is moving along rapidly Tim. I like the hull shape.
Latest blog entry: Myrtle Corey
May 13, 2019, 09:03 PM
Thread OP

Fafb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvain
Nice collection of photos
Much of the credit goes to FAFB ( Find A Fishy Boat ):

https://www.findafishingboat.com/
May 13, 2019, 09:55 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Make the keels big Tim! Makes it unique and should only be beneficial while running.

BTW, Have this stalled out MBD Revenge 38 in the rafters. Need to get back to it.......Was going for a dive boat but think a fishing subject will be much more interesting...

MBD Cygnus Revenge 38 ESS one sound module (1 min 50 sec)
May 13, 2019, 10:32 PM
CaptDH Glad to hear you are going to bring this back to life. I think it would make a great six-pack fishing charter boat as you could use some basic fishing tackle and keep it simple. I will try to find some pictures but Tim probably has some in his files. jerryj98501
May 13, 2019, 11:00 PM
CaptDH Where is your build site for the above boat? I tried to remember where it was and wanted to post some six-pack photos without interfering with Tim's build. jerryj98501
May 13, 2019, 11:14 PM
Found it!! jerryj98501

Quick Reply