Thread Tools
May 21, 2019, 07:50 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Well, It does have some really nice close up capabilities, like this one. But, it ALSO has the control range of about 4 kilometers with FPV, for purposes OTHER THAN selfies.
No, it really doesn't, AT2 still does not use GPS during tracking nor dynamic altitude. Below is the similar MPP in AT.

Whie it's nice to have the range its illegal to fly 4km. I have had a long standing challenge to the DJI guys(3 years), show me a vid of a DJI drone following from the front at 25 mph up a steep grade hands off? Not a single vid. AT is dangerous IMO. Anafi, H, Solo, Halo can meet the challenge but DJI cannot.

DJI Mavic Pro vs Parrot Anafi Vehicle Follow Mode (14 min 40 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 07:59 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Which the M2P is not.
Again not really being fair with that comment. Yes it doesn't do your exacting requirements for low level terrain following shots over a distance. But it does do what guessing 90% others want it to do in a similar tracking for their applications and shots just as well or better than others....given as a whole rounded out personal drone, the M2P blows the doors of what the Skydio can do at the same price. With the new Skydio updates they have added a few more quickshots and such, so it's not the one trick pony as released they also have dropped price to sell them, but the chance of someone buying a Skydio as that still one trick pony phone app drone over the chance of the same people buying a M2P as a whole out diversity drone capable of much better footage and all that it offers over a one only owner drone is....well pretty slim.

The Skydio is remarkable for what it does, but unfortunately that is all it does. So only someone such as you that actually needs that type of tracking function precision will buy them IMHO. It's still just too much for what it does, for the masses to even think about given price point and feature set again IMHO. I forget did you get one of them?
Last edited by Repaid1; May 21, 2019 at 08:12 AM.
May 21, 2019, 10:04 AM
Registered User
Has anyone been able to take a look at the Hover 2?
https://gethover.com/?d=pc&c=us
May 21, 2019, 11:20 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Again not really being fair with that comment. Yes it doesn't do your exacting requirements for low level terrain following shots over a distance. But it does do what guessing 90% others want it to do in a similar tracking for their applications and shots just as well or better than others....given as a whole rounded out personal drone, the M2P blows the doors of what the Skydio can do at the same price. With the new Skydio updates they have added a few more quickshots and such, so it's not the one trick pony as released they also have dropped price to sell them, but the chance of someone buying a Skydio as that still one trick pony phone app drone over the chance of the same people buying a M2P as a whole out diversity drone capable of much better footage and all that it offers over a one only owner drone is....well pretty slim.

The Skydio is remarkable for what it does, but unfortunately that is all it does. So only someone such as you that actually needs that type of tracking function precision will buy them IMHO. It's still just too much for what it does, for the masses to even think about given price point and feature set again IMHO. I forget did you get one of them?
Very well stated, Repaid1. Skydio IS an excellent selfie drone, capable of a lot of neat tricks. But, all still related to selfie action. The M2P is more of a well rounded all purpose drone that has better features than any other in it's class and certainly more versatile than the Skydio. And, as far as the quad's ability to fly greater distances and send video back, etc.. we shouldn't really get off into the weeds about the legality of it. This discussion started out with which drone has the best obstacle avoidance systems. And, where the Skydio wins in the selfie catagory, the M2P still wins over all. If the object was to fly over a marina, filled with sail boats, shooting video and pictures of that scene WITHOUT crashing into anything, the M2P would still be the better choice.
May 21, 2019, 11:27 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Has anyone been able to take a look at the Hover 2?
https://gethover.com/?d=pc&c=us
Wow! That's awesome! I'd like to see how the Hover 2 and the Skydio 1 stack up in a side by side comparison.
May 21, 2019, 11:43 AM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Has anyone been able to take a look at the Hover 2?
https://gethover.com/?d=pc&c=us
After going online and doing a little comparison, it looks like the Hover 2 beats the Skydio R1, and actually competes with the DJI Spark. I have a Spark. I really, really like my Spark. It's an awesome little drone. But, it doesn't have 360* obstacle avoidance like the Hover 2.

And, the basic Hover 2 package is about $1000 cheaper than the Skydio R1.
Last edited by mikelberry; May 21, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
May 21, 2019, 04:37 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Again not really being fair with that comment. Yes it doesn't do your exacting requirements for low level terrain following shots over a distance. But it does do what guessing 90% others want it to do in a similar tracking for their applications and shots just as well or better than others....given as a whole rounded out personal drone, the M2P blows the doors of what the Skydio can do at the same price.
mikelberry
This is what I responded too: No one has better OAS than DJI. At least, not yet. Not what is a more well rounded drone.

Repaid1 you should not open that can of worms. The DJI reps and others misled this forum as to the capability of DJI Follow mode. After threatening, harassing, banning, reporting, ignoring.... they admitted they were wrong. After admitting their "mistakes" they fell back on the "well it does what most customers want". Only DJI Propulsion knew what he was talking about but he is no longer posting unfortunately. The rest googled, guessed intimidated which is about what we got out of the reps.

Mark my words Repaid1, Active Track and Active Track 2.0 are dangerous; DJI should pull them out of the apps. My P3P with GPS follow worked fairly well but it's a mess now with the current GO app. I have had nearly a dozen Active Track attacks as I have documented. Many others have suffered Active Track attacks, DJI knows this but continues to offer it as a feature because it sells drones and they are a Chinese company which hires American lawyers.

Someone is(if not already) going to get hurt then we will be subject to one of your self righteous lectures. Here's Captain Drone getting attacked by a Mavic air:

https://youtu.be/TjyARYNpZdE?t=292
Last edited by VEGASROBBI; May 21, 2019 at 04:50 PM.
May 21, 2019, 05:48 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
mikelberry
This is what I responded too: No one has better OAS than DJI. At least, not yet. Not what is a more well rounded drone.

Repaid1 you should not open that can of worms. The DJI reps and others misled this forum as to the capability of DJI Follow mode. After threatening, harassing, banning, reporting, ignoring.... they admitted they were wrong. After admitting their "mistakes" they fell back on the "well it does what most customers want". Only DJI Propulsion knew what he was talking about but he is no longer posting unfortunately. The rest googled, guessed intimidated which is about what we got out of the reps.

Mark my words Repaid1, Active Track and Active Track 2.0 are dangerous; DJI should pull them out of the apps. My P3P with GPS follow worked fairly well but it's a mess now with the current GO app. I have had nearly a dozen Active Track attacks as I have documented. Many others have suffered Active Track attacks, DJI knows this but continues to offer it as a feature because it sells drones and they are a Chinese company which hires American lawyers.

Someone is(if not already) going to get hurt then we will be subject to one of your self righteous lectures. Here's Captain Drone getting attacked by a Mavic air:

https://youtu.be/TjyARYNpZdE?t=292
Okay, lets revisit the original statement that started this thread:

I want to take video of beverly harbor and all the boats moored there. Maybe even take trips over the harbor. What drones are my choice. 20 min flight time. I am an old time flyer 35 years worth. Planes, boats cars the works. But I want a drone that get out of trouble faster than I get into it. Obsticle avoidance a big issue. What are my choices? I can make $2000 available but less would be better. Help gentlemen I have been out of the hobby for years.

The flyer wanted to know what would be the best OAS flyer to go OUT OVER THE HARBOR AND FILM THE ENVIRONMENT. NOT TO DO SELFIES! So, the M2P is the obvious choice over the competition (whoever they may be).

Now, beyond that, I don't think that it's worth my time or energy to argue over what DJI is or is not doing with their drones, systems, programs, features or anything else. So, VegasRobbi, you win. Okay?
May 21, 2019, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Okay, lets revisit the original statement that started this thread:

I want to take video of beverly harbor and all the boats moored there. Maybe even take trips over the harbor. What drones are my choice. 20 min flight time. I am an old time flyer 35 years worth. Planes, boats cars the works. But I want a drone that get out of trouble faster than I get into it. Obsticle avoidance a big issue. What are my choices? I can make $2000 available but less would be better. Help gentlemen I have been out of the hobby for years.

The flyer wanted to know what would be the best OAS flyer to go OUT OVER THE HARBOR AND FILM THE ENVIRONMENT. NOT TO DO SELFIES! So, the M2P is the obvious choice over the competition (whoever they may be).

Now, beyond that, I don't think that it's worth my time or energy to argue over what DJI is or is not doing with their drones, systems, programs, features or anything else. So, VegasRobbi, you win. Okay?
Thank you, I was here before the DJI reps, and after
May 21, 2019, 06:08 PM
P3P,P4P+,M2P,Spark,Solo,X 380
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Thank you, I was here before the DJI reps, and after
Wow..... You missed that?? ...oh...kay...
Old May 21, 2019, 06:27 PM
VEGASROBBI
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation).
Old May 21, 2019, 07:00 PM
mikelberry
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while mikelberry edits it.
Old May 21, 2019, 07:25 PM
VEGASROBBI
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation).
Old May 21, 2019, 07:34 PM
mikelberry
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while mikelberry edits it.
May 21, 2019, 07:52 PM
Suspended Account
And now for your viewing pleasure more DJI superiority accompanied by music from Repaid1's youth:

We'll we meet again DJI P4 (2 min 13 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion How can I make my hexacopter an autonomous obstacle avoider ? shivesh gaur Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jan 06, 2017 03:58 PM
New Product Kaideng K80 Pantonma Obstacle Avoidance Camera and FPV Drone t00nz843z Mini Multirotor Drones 33 Dec 22, 2016 07:00 AM
Video Air Hogs Helix Sentinel Drone - FPV Drone With Obstacle Avoidance DadDoes Mini Multirotor Drones 0 Sep 01, 2016 08:13 PM
New Product New drone with Autofollow and Obstacle Avoidance Apolodor777 Club Talk 1 Aug 14, 2016 04:48 AM
Question Is there a reliable Obstacle Avoidance system for DIY multi rotor systems? Cinetography Multirotor Drone Talk 26 Jun 03, 2016 05:23 PM