May 10, 2019, 03:10 AM
Hello everyone.
I started using T16 last week. If you adjust the gimbal spring to your liking, the adjustment screw will hit the back case.
Are the three included springs to weaken? . Has anyone replaced the spring?

Other information.
There was a problem with receiving T16.
1: The screw penetrates because the screwing part of the back case is thin.
2: The connector of the multi module was defective in soldering. If you touch the module it will turn off.
3: Purchased in mode 1. There are no white parts that hit the throttle leaf spring.

Replacement replacement case and gimbal parts will be sent from the shop. But the back case is likely to have the same problem. I think there is a problem in the production of molds.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2019, 04:06 AM
Multirotorparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_cookie
Replacement replacement case and gimbal parts will be sent from the shop. But the back case is likely to have the same problem. I think there is a problem in the production of molds.
No problem with the molding as far as I can see. Loosening the screws to an extend where they hit the back case will have no effect. I think you reach maximum effect after 7 or 8 rotations from bottom position.

Most people tighten the sticks up because they feel the travel is too light. But I guess this is a matter of personal preference. Is it just your throttle stick that feels heavy or both gimbals?
May 10, 2019, 06:03 AM
Has there been any progress to get the Betaflight script to run?
May 10, 2019, 09:27 AM
"Spark Chaser"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchCrash
Has there been any progress to get the Betaflight script to run?
Which scripts are you referring to? The Lua scripts for Betaflight like these: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight-tx-lua-scripts
https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-ch...tings-taranis/

My guess is that the scripts will need to be updated to work on the T16.

If I need to change pids, I usually will use the HUD menu in my goggles.
May 10, 2019, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menno
No problem with the molding as far as I can see. Loosening the screws to an extend where they hit the back case will have no effect. I think you reach maximum effect after 7 or 8 rotations from bottom position.

Most people tighten the sticks up because they feel the travel is too light. But I guess this is a matter of personal preference. Is it just your throttle stick that feels heavy or both gimbals?
The part which received the screw of the back case was thin and the back case was broken. The rear case can be removed with the screws attached to the front panel. The case is tightened by the non-slip rubber grip.
It seems that the part of the rear case that receives the screws is weak. Maybe the thickness is thin.

The adjustment of the gimbal was all weakened except the throttle. When adjusted weakly, the adjusting screw will hit the back case and the stick can not move to the maximum.
What are the 3 springs that come with it? Is it a weak spring?
May 10, 2019, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane
Which scripts are you referring to? The Lua scripts for Betaflight like these: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight-tx-lua-scripts
https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-ch...tings-taranis/

My guess is that the scripts will need to be updated to work on the T16.

If I need to change pids, I usually will use the HUD menu in my goggles.

Yes- those.
I was able to get bf.lua to run by adding a “t16” reference to use Horus settings in radios.lua. I haven’t bound the radio to a model with this ability yet so I’m not sure if data will populate but the script starts and shows pages/headers.

I’m having problems with telemetry widgets too. If I add one and choose to display a1,a2 or RSSI (only ones available on this model) the widget still shows the default fvss field with an error.
Correction- widgets work fine. I didn’t understand how to use them. I needed to select the widget labeled “value” to get what I wanted.
Last edited by 2MuchCrash; May 10, 2019 at 09:04 PM.
May 10, 2019, 10:35 AM
Multirotorparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_cookie
The part which received the screw of the back case was thin and the back case was broken. The rear case can be removed with the screws attached to the front panel. The case is tightened by the non-slip rubber grip.
It seems that the part of the rear case that receives the screws is weak. Maybe the thickness is thin.

The adjustment of the gimbal was all weakened except the throttle. When adjusted weakly, the adjusting screw will hit the back case and the stick can not move to the maximum.
What are the 3 springs that come with it? Is it a weak spring?
The springs are just spares with the same tension as the one already installed. Throttle friction can be adjusted by loosening the screws that hold down the metal plate next to the rachet metal plate on the back of the gimbal. The case does have to be opened to do this.

For me the back part of the case is secure.
May 10, 2019, 07:17 PM
Excuse the newbie type question but are the multi protocol modules that the T16 comes with full range? Or are there some compromises with them?
May 10, 2019, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorePaws
Excuse the newbie type question but are the multi protocol modules that the T16 comes with full range? Or are there some compromises with them?
Yes, the module is capable of full range. This does depend on the receiver you use however. The receiver should also be full range and installed correctly in your model.
May 10, 2019, 10:22 PM
glider

telemetry EU

a have received today my second T16 en a like the transmitter , but a have a problem , when a bind my frsky receiver in EU LBT setting can a not received telemetry , when a take the module from my T12 en change that it works , wath do a wrong greets
Last edited by peter.c; May 10, 2019 at 10:57 PM.
May 11, 2019, 09:45 AM
"Spark Chaser"
Thread OP

Range questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorePaws
I'm getting very solid range with my Jumper T16 so far with the FrSky XSR RX. I've just moved over several more models and will test more today.

I also own the Jumper T8SG v2, which uses the same TX module (I think). It gets great range for my mini quads. I've used FrSky R-XSR, XSR, XM+, FlySky and Spektrum RX's. I really like the FrSky XSR and R-XSR RX's.

You should also be able to improve 2.4Ghz range slightly w/ a better antenna. The stock one is 2 dbi gain. I've got some 5 dbi antennas on order, I'll let you all know how they test out in real world testing.

And lastly, it does support Crossfire or FrSky R9M modules. I've got an R9M module which I will be testing out next week.
May 11, 2019, 09:54 AM
"Spark Chaser"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.c
a have received today my second T16 en a like the transmitter , but a have a problem , when a bind my frsky receiver in EU LBT setting can a not received telemetry , when a take the module from my T12 en change that it works , wath do a wrong greets
I've had no trouble w/ telemetry and my FrSky RX's. You must remember to always re-scan for sensors in the telemetry menu when setting up a model (even if you are copying a working model).

If you are mixing EU and FCC versions of TX and RX, you might have issues. Is the T16 setup for FCC or EU standards?

If you are using FrSky RX's, you can always reflash them to the firmware which matches the TX.
https://oscarliang.com/flash-frsky-rx-firmware/

It might be possible to flash the TX module as well:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ocol-TX-Module
May 11, 2019, 12:12 PM
Thanks jokeane, that's excellent information. I was going to use the 4in1 for some of the smaller models for sure, just unsure if to move some of my larger planes.

I bought the TX for use with the ULRS project initially but figured I could just use it as my main TX for everything. I was going to buy the Horus and switch from my very old DSM2 gear to FrSky, so now I just might buy FrSky RXs and call it good.

Thanks also for a very nice thread on this radio without the politics.
May 11, 2019, 01:31 PM
Insert witty comment here...
Radio just came in two days ago. So only thing of real value I have to add is the batts I use. I get em from a seller on eBay. I use these cells in high drain vape mods and Andis ZR high end clippers that I rebuild. These are great cells.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162931637107

I am surprised that a tempered glass screen protector is added with the radio. Mine also came a spacer for the battery tray.

Next thing to test are these two antennas. Although only one is useable it will still interesting to see frame losses with a straight one. I think they are 5 DB? Had em for a yr. They were extra parts when I had a TBS transmitter.

I have owned every Spektrum radio and version except the DX20. Recently I went from a Big Horus to an IX12 and now this. So its a toss up between the Horus and the Jumper. I really liked the Horus and should have kept it. The IX12 would have been great sans the crappy ass droid running it. So for me the price and capability of this Jumper is a win. It should be the only radio I need for a long time.
Last edited by Curt S; May 11, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
May 11, 2019, 06:40 PM
If people don't know, the Multiprotocol project had a new release which came out on the 9th of May, v1.2.1.39.

I just updated my module without issue.

The correct file for the Jumper 4in1 is here.

I used the STM32 demo flasher to download the .bin file to the module over USB.

Quick Reply