Jun 19, 2019, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob AZ
One mod I used on the tray was a heat gun which softened it up and I pried it open a bit more to make removal easier and probably how it was supposed to be before the item cooled after molding. Almost 2 full minutes of work went into that one!

Bob
I tried that one too, but while it did make the tray less stiff, the main problem still remained (namely, that a thin object was required to pry the battery from the tray, as my fingers are too thick and my fingernails are too short&weak.) So I was still stuck with using a screwdriver, which was damaging to the heatshrink on the cells.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefixcactus
I tried that one too, but while it did make the tray less stiff, the main problem still remained (namely, that a thin object was required to pry the battery from the tray, as my fingers are too thick and my fingernails are too short&weak.) So I was still stuck with using a screwdriver, which was damaging to the heatshrink on the cells.
True. Another commercially used option for battery removal is just red ribbon glued to the tray.

Bob
Jun 25, 2019, 10:23 AM
newb
Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the MPM through the radio? I keep losing the one working mini USB cable I have from like 10 years ago.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_D
Has anyone figured out how to upgrade the MPM through the radio? I keep losing the one working mini USB cable I have from like 10 years ago.
It's not possible, yet.
Jun 26, 2019, 07:23 PM
ErskyTx Developer
You could try this. Update the bootloader using t16boot.bin, then put FlashMulti_T16.app in an "apps" directory on the SD card.
Start in bootloader mode, select "Run App" and then choose "FlashMulti_T16.app".
This should then update an external Multi Module, assuming the module has the correct bootloader in it.

It seemed to work OK when I tried both an AVR module (from a hex file) and a STM module (from a bin file).

Mike
Jun 26, 2019, 09:12 PM
Flip on Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
You could try this. Update the bootloader using t16boot.bin, then put FlashMulti_T16.app in an "apps" directory on the SD card.
Start in bootloader mode, select "Run App" and then choose "FlashMulti_T16.app".
This should then update an external Multi Module, assuming the module has the correct bootloader in it.

It seemed to work OK when I tried both an AVR module (from a hex file) and a STM module (from a bin file).

Mike
Will this work for the iRangeX IRX4 Plus MPM as well?

Thanks.
Jun 27, 2019, 02:04 AM
Quote:

Mike
Might be a stupid question, but how do I flash the T16 bootloader? When I long-press on the t16Boot.bin file in the SD Card menu I get Copy, Rename, Delete - no option to flash anything. What am I doing wrong?
Jun 27, 2019, 02:18 AM
I Void Warranties
Plug USB while the T16 is off, then flash the file with OpenTX companion for example (write firmware), or dfu-util, or STM32 Flash loader demonstrator ...
Last edited by goebish; Jun 27, 2019 at 02:32 AM.
Jun 27, 2019, 06:04 AM
AMA 234897
[QUOTE=Mike Blandford;42176861]You could try this. Update the bootloader using t16boot.bin, then put FlashMulti_T16.app in an "apps" directory on the SD card.

Mike[/QUOTE

Where's the app's directory on the SD card? Is there a app on the internet I can use?
Jun 27, 2019, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish
Plug USB while the T16 is off, then flash the file with OpenTX companion for example (write firmware), or dfu-util, or STM32 Flash loader demonstrator ...
Thanks. I'm still getting hang of the switch from erSky9x on my 9XR Pro to JumperTX/OpenTX on hte T16. I've now got the FlashMulti app running but won't have time to test flashing the module until later.

Any idea why flashing the radio firmware / bootloader from the radio's UI is not enabled?
Jun 27, 2019, 08:15 AM
newb
Quote:

Mike
Thanks, I flashed it with STM's cube programmer. The radio doesn't seem to like exiting bootloader mode straight into the radio. It'll go into emergency mode. Turning it off and back on completely works fine though.
Jun 27, 2019, 09:21 AM
ErskyTx Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
Will this work for the iRangeX IRX4 Plus MPM as well?
Thanks.
As long as the module has the bootloader then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
Might be a stupid question, but how do I flash the T16 bootloader? When I long-press on the t16Boot.bin file in the SD Card menu I get Copy, Rename, Delete - no option to flash anything. What am I doing wrong?
I think it should work, I looked at the openTx code and it looks like it should detect the file as having a valid bootloader in it and so offer to flash it.
I'll check again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Speroni
Where's the app's directory on the SD card? Is there a app on the internet I can use?
Create a directory called "apps" in the root of the SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
Thanks. I'm still getting hang of the switch from erSky9x on my 9XR Pro to JumperTX/OpenTX on hte T16. I've now got the FlashMulti app running but won't have time to test flashing the module until later.

Any idea why flashing the radio firmware / bootloader from the radio's UI is not enabled?
Not yet!

Mike
Jun 27, 2019, 09:32 AM
ErskyTx Developer
I'm not sure openTx, for the Horus, supports flashing the bootloader from the SD card. I did report a problem with using it (on a X12) where the watchdog timed out part way through the operation, leaving the bootloader non-functional.

Mike
Jun 27, 2019, 09:42 AM
Happy FPV flyer
The "Flash bootloader" function has never been added to OpenTX for the Horus family as of yet.
Jun 27, 2019, 09:53 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure openTx, for the Horus, supports flashing the bootloader from the SD card. I did report a problem with using it (on a X12) where the watchdog timed out part way through the operation, leaving the bootloader non-functional.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The "Flash bootloader" function has never been added to OpenTX for the Horus family as of yet.
Well that explains that then!

Quick Reply