Thread Tools
May 21, 2019, 07:52 AM
"Spark Chaser"
jokeane's Avatar
Thread OP

Some non-scientific alternative antenna testing...


I bought an alternative 5 dBi antenna for my T16. I got a chance to try it out today, and I would say it does extend range about 20% over the 3 dBi antenna I had been using (stock is 2 dBi). YMMV of course. I flew my Mini Sky Hunter out to 2000+ feet range.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._title_o01_s00

Also I've upgraded my stick ends as well. I got mine here: https://alofthobbies.com/m3-stick-ends.html
Any M3 stick ends should work OK. I'm a 'thumber' so I like this wider style.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 07:28 PM
"Spark Chaser"
jokeane's Avatar
Thread OP

Nice info on Frequency Tuning RX


This is a nice explanation of something I vaguely knew about with my older Jumper T8SG v2.

https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ency_Tuning.md

Certain protocols which use the CC2500 RF module require fine-tuning the frequency for optimal performance with genuine receivers.

The protocols which require frequency tuning are:

FrSkyD (e.g. FrSky D4R and D8R, DIY RX-F801 and RX-F802 receivers)
FrSkyV (e.g. FrSky V8R4, V8R7 and V8FR receivers)
FrSkyX (e.g. FrSky X4R, X6R, X8R, and XSR receivers)
S-FHSS (e.g. Futaba S-FHSS receivers)
Corona (e.g. Corona V1 FSS, Corona V2 DSSS CR8D/CR6D/CR4D and FlyDream IS-4R/IS-4R0 receivers)
Hitec (e.g. Optima, Minima, Micro and RED receivers)
May 22, 2019, 08:05 PM
Registered User
Good day,

I am using the T8 SG V2.

I have bound a mixture of Hitec:- Optima, Minima, and Micro receivers.

Even though the option to fine tune is available, I have never needed to use it and all have had very good range.

Cheers
May 23, 2019, 06:12 AM
Registered User
[QUOTE=Chris De Jon;41921165
Even though the option to fine tune is available, I have never needed to use it and all have had very good range.[/QUOTE]

same here.
May 23, 2019, 09:16 AM
Regexistentialist
ridgerunr's Avatar

Set fine tune value to center of bindable range


I have a Jumper T8SG, a T12 and multiple IRangeX IRX4 modules in my Taranis X9DP.

I use the S-FHSS protocol to fly XK micro helis (K110, K123 and K124) and I did need to adjust the fine tune parameter to get some of them to bind.

And I always test/measure the range of bindable fine tune values so that the value I end up with is the value in the center of the usable range. This procedure guarantees the best possible functionality and range.
May 23, 2019, 01:47 PM
Registered User
Is JumperTX compatible with BetaFlight? I have no problems binding to a FlySky Rx, but the receiver doesn't show up in the receiver tab in betaflight. I do have a uart set for it and a serial rx set to ibus. I don't have this problem with dsm2/x receivers. What gives?
May 24, 2019, 02:36 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie5229
Is JumperTX compatible with BetaFlight? I have no problems binding to a FlySky Rx, but the receiver doesn't show up in the receiver tab in betaflight. I do have a uart set for it and a serial rx set to ibus. I don't have this problem with dsm2/x receivers. What gives?
Hey, your problem has nothing to do with Jumper tx. Maybe you picked the wrong uart, switched tx/rx pad etc. If you can make sure your rx is bound to the jumper tx correctly, then you have to search for any misconfiguration in bf or your receiver (rx).
May 24, 2019, 04:15 PM
e coli fornia Resident

Complete Teardown


I found this in case anyone wanted to do any mods. Like switching out the momentary switch or speaker.
https://www.viveos.net/video/VxHFs_y...16-comple.html
May 27, 2019, 07:22 AM
the people squad
schrodingers cat's Avatar
I added a balance wire to the jumper's battery carrier so that I didn't have to remove the batteries to recharge them, Also it gives me greater scope to charge them at different rates depending on how urgent it is. Could even do a quick charge at the field. I already had made up a little adapter to recharge small 2S batteries via the balance plug, so I can utilise this as well.
The inspiration came to me when I found it a bit of a hassle removing the batteries from the carrier when swapping in the spares I had. I might just get another carrier now, or make another pack up with the same 3 wire harness.
I noticed that the radio actually has 3 pins in the connector, the centre one (I would expect) is redundant, and I confirm the rad does not go bang when my 3 pin balance setup is plugged in to it.

A cronky photo from a distance is shown below
Last edited by schrodingers cat; May 30, 2019 at 04:07 AM.
May 27, 2019, 08:03 AM
Registered User
Bob AZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
I added a balance wire to the jumper's battery carrier so that I didn't have to remove the batteries to recharge them, Also it gives me greater scope to charge them at different rates depending on how urgent it is. Could even do a quick charge at the field. I already had made up a little adapter to recharge small 2S batteries via the balance plug, so I can utilise this as well.
The inspiration came to me when I found it a bit of a hassle removing the batteries from the carrier when swapping in the spares I had. I might just get another carrier now, or make another pack up with the same 3 wire harness.
I noticed that the radio actually has 3 pins in the connector, the centre one (I would expect) is redundant, and I confirm the rad does not go bang when my 3 pin balance setup is plugged in to it.

A cronky photo from a distance is shown below
Apparently the center pin in the radio has no connection. I have also heard that the latest carriers are coming with thee wires to the connector. When my replacement T-16 arrives this week I will be adding a lipo balance board and a lipo charger

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-4V-1A-US-...72.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2S-8A-Li-io...72.m2749.l2649

and will add a coaxial female connector to the battery cover.
Last edited by Bob AZ; May 27, 2019 at 08:13 AM.
May 27, 2019, 12:58 PM
e coli fornia Resident
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane
This is a nice explanation of something I vaguely knew about with my older Jumper T8SG v2.

https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ency_Tuning.md

Certain protocols which use the CC2500 RF module require fine-tuning the frequency for optimal performance with genuine receivers.

The protocols which require frequency tuning are:

FrSkyD (e.g. FrSky D4R and D8R, DIY RX-F801 and RX-F802 receivers)
FrSkyV (e.g. FrSky V8R4, V8R7 and V8FR receivers)
FrSkyX (e.g. FrSky X4R, X6R, X8R, and XSR receivers)
S-FHSS (e.g. Futaba S-FHSS receivers)
Corona (e.g. Corona V1 FSS, Corona V2 DSSS CR8D/CR6D/CR4D and FlyDream IS-4R/IS-4R0 receivers)
Hitec (e.g. Optima, Minima, Micro and RED receivers)
I assume to get the frequency counter to make adjustments it magically appears on the screen when you plug in the 4in1 module?

Ok I get it now. Plug in 4in1 module or FrskyJXT module. Bind RX. Fine tune is located under 2 spots down from BIND. Find low RF frequency and High RF frequency add those numbers together and divide by 2. The results is the best tuned RF Frequency.
Last edited by Rich Speroni; May 27, 2019 at 09:58 PM. Reason: More Infomation
May 27, 2019, 11:42 PM
Dead_Stick_7060
zapi2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollys
How does the Jumper MPM compare to the iRangeX IRX4+ ? Are they comparable? Interchangeable?

Just curious.
FYI, I am using my T16 with the IRX4+ for 3 weeks, SFHSS protocol, fine tuning done, no issues on my quads with original Futaba RX RS2008SB.
May 28, 2019, 07:11 AM
Flip on Tech
rollys's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2
FYI, I am using my T16 with the IRX4+ for 3 weeks, SFHSS protocol, fine tuning done, no issues on my quads with original Futaba RX RS2008SB.
Very good to know. Thank you very much.
May 28, 2019, 07:19 AM
"Spark Chaser"
jokeane's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapi2
FYI, I am using my T16 with the IRX4+ for 3 weeks, SFHSS protocol, fine tuning done, no issues on my quads with original Futaba RX RS2008SB.
Any reason to use IRX4+ over the Jumper 4in1 module? I'm just curious as to how they compare.
May 30, 2019, 09:04 AM
"Spark Chaser"
jokeane's Avatar
Thread OP

New to OpenTX / JumperTX? Want to update the firmware?


There is a newer version of the JumperTX firmware out there with some bug fixes. If you are like me and don't know how to update the firmware, here is a handy step by step video on how to do it.
Jumper T16 Firmware Update (5 min 36 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jumper T16 2.4G 16CH OpenTX Multi-protocol Radio rotorsupport Radios 6333 Today 12:56 AM
New Product Jumper T16 2.4G 16CH Open Source Multi-protocol Radio Transmitter w/ JP4-in-1 BG-Wilson Radios 10 May 30, 2019 09:06 AM
New Product Jumper T16 2.4G 16CH Open Source Multi-protocol Radio Transmitter w/ JP4-in-1 RF Modu BG-Wilson Multirotor Drone Talk 17 Mar 22, 2019 08:56 PM
New Product Jumper T12 Plus OpenTX Multi-protocol Radio Transmitter review & ***Owners Thread*** Bill M - RC Radios 0 Nov 11, 2018 06:14 PM