May 12, 2019, 02:05 AM
glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane
I've had no trouble w/ telemetry and my FrSky RX's. You must remember to always re-scan for sensors in the telemetry menu when setting up a model (even if you are copying a working model).

If you are mixing EU and FCC versions of TX and RX, you might have issues. Is the T16 setup for FCC or EU standards?

If you are using FrSky RX's, you can always reflash them to the firmware which matches the TX.
https://oscarliang.com/flash-frsky-rx-firmware/

It might be possible to flash the TX module as well:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ocol-TX-Module
if a a select FCC a have no problem with the telemetry ,select in EU modes i have no telemetry,en when a select scan for sensor it stops instantly
Last edited by peter.c; May 12, 2019 at 02:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S
Radio just came in two days ago. So only thing of real value I have to add is the batts I use. I get em from a seller on eBay. I use these cells in high drain vape mods and Andis ZR high end clippers that I rebuild. These are great cells.
I could never understand why people put batteries with high-current performance into the transmitter. To fry eggs on the RF module? To compensate load peaks at the transmitter? To have 50 watts power output? Why, guys?
May 12, 2019, 08:55 PM
Insert witty comment here...
You must not understand how electricity works. It will never hurt having a battery capable of delivering more amps then something needs. However it will certainly be a issue if a battery cant supply a demand thats put on it. Higher voltages then required will do as your saying.

Using a 70c battery on a esc that only really needs 20c is not going to ever hurt a thing just as it wont in this radio.

I use these batteries because I buy them in large quantities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romushok
I could never understand why people put batteries with high-current performance into the transmitter. To fry eggs on the RF module? To compensate load peaks at the transmitter? To have 50 watts power output? Why, guys?
May 12, 2019, 09:03 PM
"Spark Chaser"
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romushok
Myself, I only have 'high drain' Li-ion cells. I like the option of using the 'high drain' cells for long range style flight packs as well as in my Fatshark Goggles and the T16 transmitter. With 3D printed battery holders and loose cells, I can easily use the cells for a variety of purposes.

For example for my Nano Goblin, I have a 2S Li-Ion holder wired up. For my larger Skyranger I'm going to try out a 3S2P configuration (3S 6000 mAh).

I've found www.imrbatteries.com to be a good source of Li-ion cells. Lots of sizes (not just 18650) and capacities available for reasonable prices.
May 13, 2019, 01:56 AM
Never use holder for Tx battery. Just a pack. No need balance at all.
May 13, 2019, 03:24 AM
I Void Warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S
You must not understand how electricity works. It will never hurt having a battery capable of delivering more amps then something needs. However it will certainly be a issue if a battery cant supply a demand thats put on it. Higher voltages then required will do as your saying.

Using a 70c battery on a esc that only really needs 20c is not going to ever hurt a thing just as it wont in this radio.

I use these batteries because I buy them in large quantities.
Lower drain 18650 cells have larger capacity, and that's what we're looking for this application.

I use the same as yours for my ecig (LG HG2, 3000mAh, 20A max) because it needs 30-40 Watt, but in the T16 I use cheaper cells with a lower max drain but larger capacity (Panasonic NCR18650B, 3350mAh, 7A max).
Last edited by goebish; May 13, 2019 at 04:01 AM.
May 14, 2019, 01:02 PM
Not to mention that lower C batteries generally have much longer life, lower safety risk and far less need to be kept at storage charge voltages over time.
May 14, 2019, 04:22 PM
newb

Apex Stick Ends

I picked up these stick ends. They're pretty long, even set all the way in, they're about as long as the stock ends threaded out. These also seem to mellow out the harsh center stick feel.
May 14, 2019, 04:59 PM
"Spark Chaser"
Thread OP

Bardwell explains Open Source to FrSky guys... :-)

FrSky wants Jumper T16 gone. Here's why that's not okay. (9 min 51 sec)
May 15, 2019, 05:32 PM

t16 binding

I am not very good at opentx. Got my t16 yesterday and am having troubles. Going through the opentx training docs and slowly learning. Got bound to my tinyhawk ok, I had specific values to enter ie. FrSky, D8, Multi, Internal Mode OFF. I have 3 kwads with IA6C receivers. I entered Multi, FlySky and Std...No binding. Should I try some of the choices other than "Std"?
May 15, 2019, 05:50 PM
I Void Warranties
IA6C is AFHDS-2A, not FlySky (aka AFHDS).
May 15, 2019, 06:03 PM
WOW....fast response!
AFHDS-2A is not on the list.
May 15, 2019, 06:37 PM
I Void Warranties
it's "FS 2A"
May 15, 2019, 06:47 PM
FS 2A I saw that one. I'll try it.
Thanks so much. How do you remember all of this stuff?

Quick Reply