Jul 10, 2019, 02:23 AM
I know that the JX-PDI2504MG is direct fit, but I need servo from HobbyKing. Moreover on the BangGood it's kind of pricey :-)

@simensays that's really cool dude!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2019, 01:02 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellerus
Someone ordered wheels with aluminium rims: https://www.banggood.com/4PCS-WPL-Up...r_warehouse=CN

I'm wondering if they wobble less, than stock plastic rims?
Also profile of tires look different than stock ones.
Hi,
received the wheels today.

Very nice quality of the aluminium wheels, and the tires are of the "super soft type".
But those are no beadlock wheels, so you'll have to glue them. And since the soft tires are very soft, guess the wobbling will be the same.
I will for sure put foams into the tires.

Walter
Jul 11, 2019, 01:47 PM
Also, the alu wheels available don't really go with the scale look of the C-34 IMHO...

I installed the figure, and feel the scale looks good for this model. Most driver figures I've seen looks too small as mentioned, which kind of ruins the overall look. Unfortunately, I messed up the light weathering, but this is still work in progress
Jul 11, 2019, 03:15 PM
Vienna calling...
Simen, I did not buy those Alu-wheels for my C34... will use it... (donno yet ).

BTW:
The only weak point of the C34KM, the plastic link mounts, are now finally available in a metal upgrade version in black, silver or gold.

Of course I have ordered the black version. Who will order the sheik-edition?

WPL C34 Metal Traction Link Base

Walter
Jul 12, 2019, 01:50 AM
I have to say I'm on @simensays side, with the wheels and scale look. For me real problem with aluminum wheels or softer tires is changed scale looking (not only with C34).

@simensays I really like the scale look of your Toyta :-D The driver is just perfect. Normally I don't like weathering elsewhere then kits, but man! You did a very nice job ;-)
@Donaldsneffe they mentioned it on Face Book group. But hell! Together with the servo it's pricey :-( Comparing to other WPL products and upgrades.
Jul 12, 2019, 04:34 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech1
@Donaldsneffe they mentioned it on Face Book group. But hell! Together with the servo it's pricey :-( Comparing to other WPL products and upgrades.
Hi,
well - it is cheaper than the similar (metal) link mount for the MN-90.

Most metal upgrade parts are quite pricey… I did not buy this part in metal for the MN-90, no problem so far. But the C34 has a different mount, and the outer part seems to break easily. I did already break it, and saw a video on YT (do not remember who it was), who had broken the mount, too - exactly at the same position as mine had broken.

So I guess, it is quite worth the money.
Use some points on Banggood or a coupon and it will be about 10 €.

But since there are (2?) spare mounts in each C34KM kit, you can of course wait. Maybe they wont break.

I think WPL did already know about this weak point of this mount, otherwise they would not have given 4 mounts instead of 2 (needed for build).

It is a pity they did not include this to the KM kit. Probably it has not been available at this time, delay from producer.

Walter
Jul 18, 2019, 09:27 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
somewhere (video) I complained about the pins of the driveshafts coming with the C34KM kit, mine always fell out and were IMO a little bit too short; custom pins solved this problem.. But someone told, his are fine… so maybe a problem of quality control.

I can confirm this now.
Today I received the WPL C34KM gearbox, available as spare part now, and coming with motor and drive shafts.
And in those driveshafts the pins are fine, significantly longer than in my kit, so no problem.

"Fun"-fact:
When I bought the spare-gearbox set from Banggood, June 26th, it was named WPL C34 Gear Box. Now they have renamed the item to "WPL C14 C24 C34 MN 90 91 Gear Box" (same item no) and raised the price for 2 US$

Walter
Jul 18, 2019, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,
somewhere (video) I complained about the pins of the driveshafts coming with the C34KM kit, mine always fell out and were IMO a little bit too short; custom pins solved this problem.. But someone told, his are fine… so maybe a problem of quality control.

I can confirm this now.
Today I received the WPL C34KM gearbox, available as spare part now, and coming with motor and drive shafts.
And in those driveshafts the pins are fine, significantly longer than in my kit, so no problem.

"Fun"-fact:
When I bought the spare-gearbox set from Banggood, June 26th, it was named WPL C34 Gear Box. Now they have renamed the item to "WPL C14 C24 C34 MN 90 91 Gear Box" (same item no) and raised the price for 2 US$

Walter
Hi Walter,
People ordering the C34 KM with all metal parts need to be carefull on EBay due to the deceptive advertising. I ordered what I thought was the C34 KM RTR Kit and received a completely assembled all plastic model.
Can you tell me if the differentials and gearbox have have been greased at assembly as the one I have is very noisey. Thanks in advance.

John.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:09 AM
Vienna calling...
John,
which differentials? (Gears - gearbox, no differential in C34)

The gears of the RTR? I do not know (do not have)

And the gears of the kit version do come with lubricant for greasing.
Anyway, mounting and adjusting those gears (with shims) is not always that easy.
I do have some really silent axles, and some that are quite noisy.

Ebay: Contact Ebay, you will for sure get your money back (Paypal), if the description of the item was wrong.

Walter
Jul 19, 2019, 12:28 PM
Quote:

The only weak point of the C34KM, the plastic link mounts, are now finally available in a metal upgrade version in black, silver or gold.
Of course I have ordered the black version.

Walter
I've ordered the black metal link mount now also, and started looking at metal gearbox and metal bumpers for the C-34. As I only have the C-34, I don't know if the (front) bumpers for the other WPL models will fit?

On a side note, I have a few 1/10 Tamiya FJ40 body sets (parts # 51331), which are ok, but lexan is not really my cup of tea. However, the decals included in the set, has some nice badges that works good on the C-34. The decals included in the WPL kit, are not really doing anything for me, and could easily be upgraded.
Last edited by simensays; Jul 19, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 05:44 PM
Vienna calling...
No metal gearbox (case) and no metal bumper for C34 so far.

But I am sure, those parts will be released soon.

C34 bumper has a very special way of mounting, other bumpers probably will not fit (without a lot of modifications).

Walter
Jul 19, 2019, 05:53 PM
After some searching, I found this one which looks like a metal case to me? It's listed as a metal replacement for the C-34 gearbox.
I ordered one in black, so we'll see how it works out.
Last edited by simensays; Jul 19, 2019 at 06:12 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 10:15 PM
Quote:
John,
which differentials? (Gears - gearbox, no differential in C34)

The gears of the RTR? I do not know (do not have)

And the gears of the kit version do come with lubricant for greasing.
Anyway, mounting and adjusting those gears (with shims) is not always that easy.
I do have some really silent axles, and some that are quite noisy.

Ebay: Contact Ebay, you will for sure get your money back (Paypal), if the description of the item was wrong.

Walter
The unit I received was all plastic and ready to run out of the box, being so noisy I was thinking that the transfer box and probably the front and rear axle gears had not been greased.
I don't know yet whether I will do any upgrades on the C34 or spend the extra on the MN D90.

John
Jul 24, 2019, 10:22 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
metal gearbox housing (complete gearbox with motor) available now in Black or Silver:

WPL C34 (C14, C24, MN 90, MN 91) Reversal Gearbox all Metal

Walter
Jul 25, 2019, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Hi,
metal gearbox housing (complete gearbox with motor) available now in Black or Silver:

WPL C34 (C14, C24, MN 90, MN 91) Reversal Gearbox all Metal

It seems to be a case of which one to buy as there seems to be a number of different brands on the market, ranging in price from Au$32 to $62 on EBay and from Banggood.
The one that you have there is a bit expensive at Au$49.95.
I feel that it would be less expensive to buy a C34 KM instead of spending more on the on that I have.

John.

Quick Reply