Oct 16, 2019, 04:15 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydubya
I am also currently running MN D90 wheels and tyres on the C34 RTR, they look better and Grip a lot better than the standard wheels and tyres. (IMHO)

John.
Hi John,
I am also not really happy with the C34 tires, unfortunately the new C44 seems to have the same tires, again.
But they look really scale.

There would be better tires than D90 tires, as you probably know.
If not, check this out:

Tire Test: Soft, Medium and Hard Tires for WPL and JJRC Trucks, MN-90, Willys Jeep, MN-45 (18 min 46 sec)

Walter
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 07:21 AM
@Walter can you please already say if the 60A ESC Carbon Brushed (Racerstar?) is as slow in at beginning as HobyWing 1060 is? I need some more ESCs for my WPL cars and it's half of the price :-)
ty!
Oct 22, 2019, 04:36 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech1
@Walter can you please already say if the 60A ESC Carbon Brushed (Racerstar?) is as slow in at beginning as HobyWing 1060 is? I need some more ESCs for my WPL cars and it's half of the price :-)
ty!
Actually I am doing a big ESC test with 10+ different ESCs for WPL & Co.
But it is quite a lot of work... will hopefully finish and upload next week.

After those test's I can tell you and you'll see on video

Walter
Oct 23, 2019, 02:28 AM
Ty! Walter. Great news! ;-)
I really need another 2 ESC so I will wait. Hopefully the christmas madness will allow to reach my doors before christmas ;-)
The only think which I really need is slow speed. So I can buy any cheaper ...
Nov 03, 2019, 02:39 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Can someone help me, please, with fastener nomenclature? I just received the kit and am just starting the build and am very confused by the screw call-out. Just what does this mean: "Screw No. 1x16 (6X5X2.3mm)", or "Screw No.4x4 (8X6X2.8mm)"? I'm used to seeing M2X10, designating thread diameter and thread length.

Concerned about using the wrong screw early and coming up short later in the assembly. I think they included extra quantity, so can't just count out. Also no designation of what is in each little bag.......

Thanks for your help. Sure it's a simple answer.

John
Nov 03, 2019, 03:45 PM
Vienna calling...
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhark37

Thanks for your help. Sure it's a simple answer.

John
no, it is not.
At least I cannot answer this question and had the same problems during build.
Guess, everyone did have those problems.

I did simply check if screw "without shim" and "with large shim" and "with small shim"... or trial and error.
Nevertheless, the build is not that difficult.

Walter
Nov 03, 2019, 08:09 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe
Hi,

no, it is not.
At least I cannot answer this question and had the same problems during build.
Guess, everyone did have those problems.

I did simply check if screw "without shim" and "with large shim" and "with small shim"... or trial and error.
Nevertheless, the build is not that difficult.

Walter
Thanks for your help. I've started and am using the "TLAR" method (that looks about right) and so far, so good.

John
Nov 04, 2019, 05:20 AM
Vienna calling...
Hi,
for those, who bought the cheap WPL metal axle housings:
There is a full set for finishing those available now, for a good price, incl. universal joints, metal gears, shafts, bearings, and knuckle bushings (!), ... everything:

RBR/C OP Metal Upgrade parts for 1/16 truck

Walter
Nov 07, 2019, 03:45 AM
@Walter just asking about the ESC comparison ;-)
Nov 07, 2019, 06:56 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
LOL...
Am at about half of the video now.
A lot of work, will be an extremely long video.

Testing 14 different brushed ESCs with 4 different motors and 4 different batteries (NiCd 4 cell, 5 cell, 2 and 3s Lipo).

Walter
Nov 08, 2019, 05:14 AM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Which motor you wanna test?
GM25 12 V, C34 original, 180?
I'll make a quick check for you on the weekend on 2s, with "normal gearing" (do not have 2-speed).

Walter
Nov 08, 2019, 03:17 PM
Well I have 2 speed with 370 motor.
But even the stock C34KM will show some results ;-)
ty

... I just like to crawl on low gear as slow as possible :-D
Nov 10, 2019, 12:19 PM
Vienna calling...
Quote:
Well I have 2 speed with 370 motor.
But even the stock C34KM will show some results ;-)
ty

... I just like to crawl on low gear as slow as possible :-D
OK, made a quick test. Hobbywing 1060 and Racerstar 60A, 2s, C34KM stock motor and gear.
But you should not say "even" the stock 34KM motor, because this is by far the best motor for low speed control I know for the WPLs. Better (at low speed control) than the GM-25, but also very slow at high speed.

Racerstar Motor with start up mode ("Punch") soft.
2s.

It is really hard to say which ESC is better.
The Hobbywing 1060 has far better "start throttle control", because you can switch off brake function (you cannot do this in the Racerstar).
But I guess, the Racerstar setup went a little slower and stronger at slow speed.
If you'd be able to switch off brake function in the Racerstar (so go directly from forwards to backwards), I'd say Racerstar is better (and you have a lot of options to program by program card).
But the starting behaviour of the 1060 is much nicer. Anyway, they both go very slow, but I guess, the Racerstar even slower.

Since you get nearly 2 Racerstar plus program card for the price of 1 HW 1060, I'd probably buy the Racerstars, if money matters.
But if you hate this brake function, buy the 1060.

Walter
Nov 10, 2019, 01:52 PM
ty Walter!!!
Nov 15, 2019, 05:39 AM
Hi,
So sorry for the delay, the shocks are 70.5 mm when fully extended, the red springs are not soft but after cutting it I can say now it's perfect, I know it's not the best option but it works as it should. you can see in this trail video that it's not bad at all
WPL C34 KM trail (links in description) (8 min 2 sec)

Quick Reply