May 03, 2019, 02:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Raspberry + STM32

Hi to all,
I'm building a F330 drone, it uses four 1000kv motors and 8045 gemfan props in reversed configuration.
On this quadcopter I designed a firmware loaded into a STM32, I'm still designing, but for now it reads data from a BNO055 and a BMP280, for positioning and altitude replectively. The STM32 is connectet thorugh the USB port to a raspberry pi 0 w comunicating with the serial protocol, there is also a ESP32 configured as AP with an external antenna. The raspberry provides a MQTT server, with two topics, RX to TX and TX to RX, and there is a python script that takes the information to and from the server so we can transmit via serial cable. On the raspberry pi is connected the raspberry camera that is configured with the WebRTC project that can trasmitt a video in real time, I made all of this to have only one 2.4Ghz transmitting and receinving. The transmitter uses an esp8266 with an exernal antenna, with a arduino nano that takes data from seven switch and two stick, and I have a little LCD where I can see everything and configure the drone from the transmitter.

At this moment I can set the pids for roll pitch and yaw, commands are responding good. I still have to finish the hovering feature, in future if this is gonna work I'm going to add a gps to the raspberry and regulate the hoovering function.

My question is how far can I go with this experimental project? It still doesn't fly because I''ve got some pids bugs and I have some problem into regulating them, if someone can give me some tips would be appreciate maybe I will use some wire that will keep the drone for each axes.
Last edited by DaveTheNoob; May 03, 2019 at 03:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2019, 09:38 AM
Hi Dave, nice project! It's only up to you how far you go.
May 20, 2019, 11:54 AM
very cool for learning, you should put it up on hackster.io !!!!

Quick Reply