Jun 09, 2019, 03:41 PM
"Spark Chaser"
While I applaud many of the new features in ACCESS protocol, I hate that these new radios are not backwards compatible with older FrSky transmitters. And are also not compatible w/ 3rd party 4in1 multi-protocol modules. The encryption added to ACCESS also is going to make it hard (impossible?) for makers of 4in1 MPM to work with new protocol.

I love the flexibility to mix and match FrSky with other radio gear made by other manufacturers. I like many things that FrSky makes, but I've always hated the 'feel' of their transmitters vs. others. So I use a 4in1 MPM to work with my FrSky RX's (and Spektrum and FlySky RX's).
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2019, 07:27 AM
Clean up! The missus is home
Where are the trims ?
Jun 12, 2019, 07:29 AM
Happy FPV flyer
The cross.
Jun 12, 2019, 08:37 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Trims are on the D-pad
Jun 12, 2019, 08:41 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane
While I applaud many of the new features in ACCESS protocol, I hate that these new radios are not backwards compatible with older FrSky transmitters. And are also not compatible w/ 3rd party 4in1 multi-protocol modules. The encryption added to ACCESS also is going to make it hard (impossible?) for makers of 4in1 MPM to work with new protocol.
These radios are backwards compatible with ACCST D16 receivers (X, S, XM, RX and G-RX series) as of the latest firmware update, and are also as compatible with 3rd party Multi-protocol modules as any other FrSky TX (you have to load an OpenTX build sourced from Open-TX.org with the multiprotocol option enabled for any FrSky TX to work with an MPM)

Quote:
I love the flexibility to mix and match FrSky with other radio gear made by other manufacturers. I like many things that FrSky makes, but I've always hated the 'feel' of their transmitters vs. others. So I use a 4in1 MPM to work with my FrSky RX's (and Spektrum and FlySky RX's).
Which works...

A few users seem to still have a PMU bug which FrSky is working on, but that affects all external modules, including the R9M Lite from FrSky.
Jun 12, 2019, 05:16 PM
Sorry but I don't like the new ACCESS protocol and I am perfectly happy with the D16 ACCST. No way will I be purchasing any new FrSky transmitters for ACCESS.
Jul 08, 2019, 08:25 AM

Access

Got the Pro and X9 LIte; both work great and have no issues. Waiting on OpenTX, and firmware has pushed D16 to quite a few of the receivers for people with other models.

I'm definitely a fan of the ACCESS protocol; very nifty features. These are both my first FrSky transmitters, so I have no previous investment on the ACCST protocol.

i1

Quick Reply