May 14, 2019, 10:09 AM
Wandering IT geek
Jason - don't you miss having a momentary button or switch on the left side of the radio when flying DLG?

I'm kind of luke warm on this. Would be nice for DLG but FRSky didn't make updating the G-RX6 which I've got installed one DLG very easy. I think I'll stick with the Taranis X9D SE for now and see where FRSky goes with this new radio protocol and what devices will be supported as they transition to it.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2019, 12:39 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I like the button better than the switch, but you could easily change the switch to a momentary one if needed. I flashed my G-RX6 receivers by holding the pins in place. I didn’t want to solder that connector to the receiver and it worked just fine. Very easy to do as long as you can remove the receiver from your plane or access it.
May 16, 2019, 09:26 AM
I picked one up but I feel like FRSKY was pretty disingenuous about the new protocol and lack of backward compatibility with existing receivers as well as Crossfire. I will wait and hold, hoping that Crossfire is added. It does feel pretty great and the buttons, switches and gimbals are top notch.
May 16, 2019, 11:42 AM
in awe of glide...
Can the Tx run the previous ACCST protocol?
May 16, 2019, 12:12 PM
masterless samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkerik
No and it is not backward compatible. Only a handful of current RXs and really only 1 (R-XSR) that drone racers use have firmware updates. Forget about the AIO FCs in Tiny Whoops.

Can this work with the Xlite Multi Protocol modules? That would fix SO MANY problems with what should have been an awesome update to the xlite.

Maybe if Frsky worried more about good products than crushing smaller competitors, stupid ish like this wouldnt happen.
May 16, 2019, 12:28 PM
in awe of glide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin

Maybe if Frsky worried more about good products than crushing smaller competitors, stupid ish like this wouldnt happen.
I was just about to buy in to FrSky too! This gives me pause. I may have to reconsider investing in to FrSky. We shall see...

Looks like a nice little radio...
Last edited by Kirkerik; May 16, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
May 16, 2019, 01:06 PM
masterless samurai
Would have loved to pick up this pro and given my Xlite to my wife for tiny whooping. Instead I am keeping the Xlite and got a jumper t12 for her. Frsky access ftw! Lol
May 16, 2019, 09:17 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkerik
Hello sir,
The new ACCESS radios will support binding D16 mode receivers with its internal module (ETA in May), and upcoming XJT Lite external module will support binding D8 mode receivers (ETA in June ). So for the users who have the FrSky original receivers at hand, they actually do not need a multi-protocol module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
No and it is not backward compatible. Only a handful of current RXs and really only 1 (R-XSR) that drone racers use have firmware updates. Forget about the AIO FCs in Tiny Whoops.

Can this work with the Xlite Multi Protocol modules? That would fix SO MANY problems with what should have been an awesome update to the xlite.

Hello sir,

There is a verification process for the 3rd-party external module manufactures to make the multi-protocol module to work with FrSky radios: https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...lease/#lastfaq And now we have already got some contacts from some manufacturers and the discussion is underway.
Last edited by AndreaHuang; May 17, 2019 at 12:31 AM.
May 16, 2019, 10:22 PM
masterless samurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang;41877273
There is a verification process for the 3rd-party external module manufactures to make the multi-protocol module to work with FrSky radios: [url
https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...lease/#lastfaq[/url] And now we have already got some contacts from some manufacturers and the discussion is underway.
Thanks for the response unfortunately the link does not work.

When do you think MPM compatibility will be available for the Pro? I'm fairly certain I am not alone in saying that backward compatibility would serve to overcome a significant purchase hurdle.
May 17, 2019, 09:01 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
OpenTX 2.3 nightlies are now posted for the X-Lite Pro. This should enable support for the MPM

https://www.open-tx.org/2019/05/17/2.3-nightlies
May 21, 2019, 03:23 PM

Multi Protocol Module

Has any-one got the multi-protocol-module (E.G. the Vantec MPM) to work with the X-Lite Pro ?
And has any-one used it to talk to the older Fr-Sky protocols ?
the firmware should support FrSky D V and X protocols
This would be an expensive solution, but would mean that no-one had to upgrade large numbers of Rx's just to get the momentary switches, trainer mode etc..
May 21, 2019, 04:15 PM
masterless samurai
Yes. Separate thread. Lots of discussion. These threads ought to be merged or something.
May 27, 2019, 01:03 PM
So ... When will the XL Pro be compatible with Crossfire Modules? It works with the standard XLite
Jun 05, 2019, 09:49 PM
Curious, would the spectrum analyzer work on 5.8GHz?
Jun 06, 2019, 11:41 AM
I'm curious too.. does it have, and if so, as anyone tried to use the wireless trainer function that I'm hoping might be in this X-Pro since it seems to have everything else under the sun.. I'm asking as Amazon is about to drop a new Q 7XS on my door so i can do training with the grandkids and am very curious. If you have experience with this wireless trainer stuff built into some the newer FrSky Radios I'd love to get a PM and chat with you ..

Great Article and video Jason .. Thank you very sincerely.. Regards JimS

Quick Reply