May 09, 2019, 12:55 PM
formerly Juddkleinman
Is there a list of updatable RXs?
I love my 1st gen. I am flying slope planes with it, It's size is great for some slopes that I access by foot or bike. I also fly DLG and this seems like an obvious use for this radio.
The need to update all my RX is a real PITA but worth is for the updates available in the Pro. I am sold!
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2019, 01:00 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Soarer
Yes, top of page https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Lite-MPM-Lite

Mike
May 09, 2019, 01:05 PM
formerly Juddkleinman
Thanks! Last question, can someone post links to solutions for straps. I like the idea of just a wrist strap.
May 09, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
That list seems to be receivers that have ACCESS firmware currently available.

The question is which receivers can be upgraded to ACCESS. My understanding is that all X series receivers will get ACCESS upgrades at some point, whereas V and D series are not upgradeable.
May 09, 2019, 02:20 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econoline
That list seems to be receivers that have ACCESS firmware currently available.

The question is which receivers can be upgraded to ACCESS. My understanding is that all X series receivers will get ACCESS upgrades at some point, whereas V and D series are not upgradeable.
Correct, the list is of receivers that can be upgraded today. It's being added to steadily (the R-XSR was added today).

All X, RX, XM, G, S & R9 receivers will receive ACCESS updates eventually. V & D receivers will not, it looks like the L9R will also be left behind.
May 10, 2019, 02:47 AM
There's a whole section about Access on the FrSky website, which is worth reading. On receivers, there's no commitment there beyond this
Quote:
Q: Which receivers will support the ACCESS protocol?

A:The 1st batch of updates includes RX4R, RX6R, G-RX6, and G-RX8.
The 2nd batch will include RXSR, XM, XM Plus, RX8R Pro.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...tocol-release/
Last edited by Bill Glover; May 10, 2019 at 02:55 AM.
May 10, 2019, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I have been kind of interested in an X-lite, but the original was off-putting with the dumb battery situation (having to buy weirdo sized batteries and a weirdo charger to charge them..) Then there was talk of quality issues with the caps, etc.. No thanks.

But if I understand correctly, if I got this, which with USB charging at least negates the need to buy some dumb extra charger, I would have to go reprogram all my receivers? That's ridiculous, so that would kill it for me.. I mean I'm an ordinary Joe kind of flyer with 20+ models, mostly simple park foamies and a few quads, all for LOS, so I don't need all the rocket science extra features anyway. But having to yank 20+ receivers and update them? No thanks..

My came with a matching color battery cap (free if you order the first batch from HorusRC )which allow me to use the longer battery.
May 10, 2019, 06:11 AM
What receivers work with this radio?
May 10, 2019, 09:19 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnorburn
What receivers work with this radio?
An updated list is on the ACCESS page on FrSky’s webpage

https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advan...tocol-release/

New receivers are getting ACCESS firmware steadily
May 10, 2019, 09:24 AM
formerly Juddkleinman
Is the Access firmware also compatible with the old radios or once the RX is updated will it only work with the X-lite S and Pro?
May 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Is the Access firmware also compatible with the old radios or once the RX is updated will it only work with the X-lite S and Pro?
There's no compatibility between ACCESS firmware and ACCST firmware, if you update the RX to use with an ACCESS transmitter, you will need to flash ACCST firmware to the receiver for it to work with an ACCST transmitter (breaking ACCESS compatibility until the receiver is flashed to ACCESS).

Right now the only ACCESS transmitters are the X-Lite Pro, X-Lite S and X9 Lite (which seems to have started shipping today).

There will be ACCESS firmware eventually for all transmitters as well as all the X, XM, RX, G-RX, S and R9 receivers. D, V, V8-II are left behind and are ACCST only (in its various mutually-incompatible versions). L9R seems to be left behind as well.
May 13, 2019, 02:19 PM
I like the idea of a little TX, great for throwing in a backpack and heading off with the Alula but what are you doing about trims?
May 13, 2019, 02:20 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveburns
I like the idea of a little TX, great for throwing in a backpack and heading off with the Alula but what are you doing about trims?
The D-Pad functions as a trim input on the X-Lite's.
May 13, 2019, 02:42 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveburns
D pad trims the right stick by itself, hold the shift button for it to trim the left stick inputs.
May 13, 2019, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
D pad trims the right stick by itself, hold the shift button for it to trim the left stick inputs.
Nice. Time to go shopping.

Quick Reply