May 02, 2019, 04:33 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Question

"X-Cell 60 by MA"

Judging by this Forum it seem the fuel helicopters are bit of a history.
Nevertheless, my 30 year old X/Cell 60 is doing very well despite I have today partially stripped inside of the upgrade 6 mm start up adaptor.
It sleeves over the 6 mm start up shaft, I have no idea where to get this part noways as I'm more into E-powered models, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. (Pic. adaptor far right)
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2019, 02:05 PM
Hope this might help , they are good old bird, I just dug out my 46..

https://www.amazon.com/MINIATURE-AIR...gateway&sr=8-1

http://www.miniatureaircraft.de/shop...te=common/home

Also Miniature Aircraft Part # 3600-14

Or you could try Leisuretech.ca in Canada, Part # CN0403
Last edited by Jimmy B; May 02, 2019 at 05:20 PM.
May 03, 2019, 03:39 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Thanks for that, I'm hoping to get one locally in Austr. Still fishing!
May 05, 2019, 01:48 PM
Joe, If you have trouble finding one locally, If he has one I would be happy to help out( a middle man) with one from Phil at Leisuretech, he is local to me in Canada, or he is good to deal with directly. I have been helped out many times with finding parts for my LandCruiser in Australia so I am happy to return the favor..

Cheers, James..
May 08, 2019, 12:12 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Hi Jimmy, Many Tx, for your hints, seem like I have no hope getting the part in Australia, I have contacted about 10 entities with no luck! Even local MA agent hasn't got it!
I'm still waiting reply from an old heli mate so will see what's next option.
May 09, 2019, 03:18 AM
jofro
Thread OP
No hope getting it in Australia after wasting my time with the search!
My attempt to play on 'blacksmith' ended out of whack! No idea why, joining the 5.5mm socket with the adaptor using hex metal bit heated to cherry red and hammered together. There is visible out of whack some 2-3deg. angle which would probly create too much vibes.
Will have another go after knocking it out using slightly longer joiner.
May 10, 2019, 04:10 AM
jofro
Thread OP
After making new one running true, it started to slip, 6mm socket being too large.
So back to the scratch, using tighter 5.5mm socket, took me ages to heat up cherry red hot the small hex joiner but finally made it! Hoping this one will work.
May 19, 2019, 08:26 PM
jofro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy B
Joe, If you have trouble finding one locally, If he has one I would be happy to help out( a middle man) with one from Phil at Leisuretech, he is local to me in Canada, or he is good to deal with directly. I have been helped out many times with finding parts for my LandCruiser in Australia so I am happy to return the favor..

Cheers, James..
Jimmy, after wasting lot of time trying to find one in OZ, no hope of getting it, so one is already on the way from Canada, Many Thanks, Cheers.
May 23, 2019, 04:15 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Great service, the part arrived lot quicker from Canada's, "Leisuretech" than expected, it was even opened and checked by Governmental authority, they probably thought it was a bullet inside. What a world we got into!!!

Quick Reply