May 01, 2019, 03:34 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
New Product

JTA Innovations 32" Yak 54

We are pleased to introduce the first development of the JTA Innovations line of foamies, the 32Ē Yak 54. The Yak has always been a popular and classic platform within the RC aerobatic community. Designed with all styles of foamy flying in mind, the Yak is constructed with 6mm EPP which allows for controllable outdoor flying as well as nimble indoor flying. Equipped with an extremely rigid carbon fiber arrangement, state of the art hardware, durable and efficient landing gear, and flexible yet strong EPP foam, the Yak is sure to withstand the most demanding of flights. Along with the superb flight characteristics and high quality construction, the Yak is available in 2 printed color schemes designed by Matt Stringer.

Weight: Approximately 175-180g without battery

Recommended

Motor - Hacker A10-9L (2S), Hacker A10 13L (3S) or equivalent/similar

ESC - 10 to 15 amp ESC

Servos - 4g-12g servos (Qty. 3)

Propeller- 8-9Ē electric (APC highly recommended)

JTA Innovations 32" Yak 54 (7 min 13 sec)

www.jtainnovations.com
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2019, 11:02 PM
I was needing a new 32” backyard foamy, perfect timing! Placed an order for a red/white/blue
Last edited by PensFan; May 01, 2019 at 11:56 PM.
May 01, 2019, 11:07 PM
Handicrashed
Nice! My current 32" Yak only has a few more crashes left before it's kaput. This is what I will replace it with. The yellow sure is purdy.
May 02, 2019, 09:06 AM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
I was needing a new 32Ē backyard foamy, perfect timing! Placed an order for a red/white/blue
Will be shipped out today!
May 02, 2019, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
Great to see you endorsing Foamies Jase. That plane sure flies well and i am sure you will sell out.

If you want to make a real go of a Model firm.... I would suggest (i owned a model manufacturing company, i designed them and sold all around the world) that your best direction is to be at the FOREFRONT of Foamie design...

What i mean is 3D flying has changed tremendously the last 3-4 years (partly to yourself ).
Routines are much more aggressive and manoeuvres are much more hard hitting.

However, while balsa planes have developed to meet this demand,,,,,, small Foamies haven't.

Soooo, IF you were to start giving us Foamies that were stiff, aerofoiled and specifically designed for HARD Hitting. Then this would be 'Gold Dust' 4 you

Because, so many Guy's are biting at the bit, more willing to pay cash for such a model than history in RC has ever had a market waiting so desperately.

Double win really because you will be able to promote them like nobody else on the Planet.

Anyway, i just happen to have some specifically designed planes. I was going to kit them myself via a Chinese manufacturer but i just don't have the time now due to a new job.

Your more than welcome to sell these models exclusively through your company. None of these plans have been uploaded on the internet or even given to any friends. So you will be sole distributor. All i seek is my name as Designer on the box and all advertising.

See my thread 'new kit coming soon'.

IF you are interested please write there or PM me.

Delete this post by all means.

3D Sick Extreme Foamie Flying in a Small Plane UNCUT 1 Take (3 min 53 sec)
May 02, 2019, 03:15 PM
Get 'em Jase - i'm sure everyone here wants to see you succeed.

Listen to your customers, get the product right (and never stop improving it), and then support it like a crazed religious zealot.

I'll be buying one of these as soon as i smash up my TH 32" foamie a bit more.
May 02, 2019, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaseTheAce
Will be shipped out today!
Good fast service, thank you sir!
May 03, 2019, 05:32 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
We are now sold out of the Red/Blue Yaks for now but still have a few Yellow/Blue ones left. Visit the website or send us an e-mail to order!
May 05, 2019, 05:57 PM
Received mine yesterday around noon. Iím neither the best nor the fastest at putting planes together but itís going fairly well.
Iím approaching the point of mounting the motor and securing esc/rx Also need to add the rudder control rod but not much else.
Below are some pics as I went through it , will post a few more once itís done.
May 05, 2019, 08:31 PM
Totally Twisted
Just placed an order for the yellow and blue version. Looking forward to the build. Anxiously awaiting your next design. A Turbo Raven would go in my cart immediately.

Thanks for your contribution to the hobby. Due to proximity of flying fields in my area, I’ll probably never I’ll own a 100+ inch DA powered plane. However I have a dozen foamies that are flown almost daily in the yard. This should be a nice addition to the fleet.
May 05, 2019, 09:53 PM
A little bit faster and I could have flown it before dark. Oh well itís ready now anyway.
May 06, 2019, 12:07 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkole Blake
A little bit faster and I could have flown it before dark. Oh well itís ready now anyway.
Looks good Tim!
May 06, 2019, 12:09 PM
Fly hard, land soft ;)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Just placed an order for the yellow and blue version. Looking forward to the build. Anxiously awaiting your next design. A Turbo Raven would go in my cart immediately.

Thanks for your contribution to the hobby. Due to proximity of flying fields in my area, Iíll probably never Iíll own a 100+ inch DA powered plane. However I have a dozen foamies that are flown almost daily in the yard. This should be a nice addition to the fleet.
Thanks Rich, just shipped out your Yak. The Turbo Raven is a cool airplane for sure!
May 09, 2019, 10:36 AM
ChrisG does 3D!
Looks like a fine and stiff airframe!

Though Jase you should try some more modern motors. The Hacker a10's have been around a long time. I've had the 9l and the smaller 12s with 8 inch props on 2s batteries and found them to not be as efficient as some of the newer motors.

I've been using the r23xx f3p SunnySky motors and found them to be extremely powerful and efficient. If you haven't tried them you should. I have no problem getting 70% or so longer flight times on the 2304 1800kv than I did on the a10-9l. With more power too. All for about an extra gram of weight. Which can easily be reclaimed through basic lightening strategies. Unfortunately these motors have been on backorder through SunnySkyUSA for a while. I think they might have a marketing issue making them hard to sell? Their performance I can assure you is the real deal though.

I have been using BLheli-S ESC's too and they make a difference as well.
May 09, 2019, 08:22 PM
Totally Twisted
Despite the best efforts of the USPS to ruin my package, it came out of the box looking great. Love the bright colors, and wheels with spats. If it flies half as good as it looks Iíll be a very happy camper. Now the weight wait begins.

Quick Reply