Horizon Hobby - RC Fest 2019!

It's that time of year again. Make plans to head to Eli Field and hang out with the folks that bring us all the great RC craft we love!

Splash

RC Fest = RC FUN!

Jim T. Graham and Jason Cole are loading up and heading to Eli Field not only to see what's new with Horizon Hobby but also to hang out with all our RC friends! Be sure to join us there!

SHOW INFO

Horizon Hobby RC Fest 2019 | June 7 - 9, 2019 (0 min 52 sec)

HANDS-ON-FAMILY FUN

The Horizon RC Fest is a hands-on, fun-focused RC celebration for the entire family. Brought to you by Horizon Hobby, it is scheduled in beautiful Monticello, Illinois at Eli Field. This three day event will feature an RC airshow, drone racing, RC product demonstrations, giveaways and more! You'll also be able to get hands-on with all kinds of RC vehicles and aircraft. This will be an AMA Sanctioned event so there will be open-flying for pilots with an AMA membership. Refreshment vendors and a hobby retailer will be on site. Don't miss it! Spectators Are FREE!

AIR EVENTS

• AIR–TO–AIR COMBAT
  • FPV DRONE RACING
  • NIGHT AIR SHOW
  • NOONTIME DEMOS WITH
  • 200MPH JETS
  • OPEN FLYING ALL WEEKEND
  • RING OF FIRE

SURFACE EVENTS

• 1/8 OFF ROAD RACE
  • CRAWLING TIME TRIALS
  • FIGURE 8 RACING
  • KING OF THE HILL
  • MONSTER TRUCK FREESTYLE
  • MONSTER TRUCK RACING
  • MUD BOG RACING
  • NIGHT CRAWLING
  • OFF ROAD – TRY ME
  • OPEN CRAWL – TRY ME
  • RC PULLING
  • SCALE TOUGH TRUCK CHALLENGE
  • SPEED RUN – LONG JUMP
  • SUMO WAR
  • TOLL GATE RACE

Eli Field Directions

Eli Field is located at -88.551872 W 40.059821 N. To drive to the field, use I-72 exit 166. On the southeast side of the interchange is a Mobil station on Iron Horse Lane. Follow the road back toward the train museum. When you get to the train museum entrance, rather than turning left at the RR crossing, proceed straight, just to the right of a private drive. After passing through the club gate, turn left and proceed northeast until you come to the parking area.

More Info

Head to Horizon Hobby for more info...

May 08, 2019, 12:52 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
I attended by myself last year. 500 miles! This year, three of us are coming from Michigan.

It was fantastic; the noon shows were much like a mini Joe Nall. There was so much hands on activities for the kids, and the kids at heart. And then the raffles! You got “gifts” just for buying raffle tickets, and there were so many prizes, big and small.

And the fireworks were awesome. Not only did they put on an impressive display, but HH flew planes during the performance. Very cool.

Last year I attended the cancelled Nall, the Fall Nall, Flite Fest Ohio, and the Midwest Regional Float Fly, and I believe that HH RC Fest was just as much fun! And of course, this was truly a FAMILY event.

Come and have a ball!
Last edited by mybad; May 08, 2019 at 01:01 PM.
May 08, 2019, 01:58 PM
I just learned that the RC Saylors will be attending the event. They post great YouTube videos on just about anything RC. If you’re a fan you just might run into them and get a chance to say hi!
May 09, 2019, 01:33 AM
I can’t wait!! I’m bringing my wife and 4 kids and of course my airplanes! They are making it affordable too, we are camping all weekend. I’m going to an event in STL the weekend before so I’ll already have the trailer packed up and ready to go.
Latest blog entry: Too many projects
May 09, 2019, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessnalile
I can’t wait!! I’m bringing my wife and 4 kids and of course my airplanes! They are making it affordable too, we are camping all weekend. I’m going to an event in STL the weekend before so I’ll already have the trailer packed up and ready to go.
Camping registration ends May 11 so register ASAP!

I remember there being very high grass. It wasn’t cut due to recent rains. If that’s the case again, I’d be tempted to bring a weed wacker or a sickle or a large carpet. There were limited spots and setting up camp was quite confusing.

I was camped out by the ground events but I notice that during my campsite reservation they asked if you’d be there or near the air events. I chose AIR but I don’t know anything about the camping there.

Spectators are free but there is a pilot fee to fly. I only signed up as a spectator although I had some planes in the van. I figured I’d pay the pilot fee if I decided to fly. Truth is, time was short and there was so much to see and do that I never had time to fly anyway.

The only bad thing was the really long lines at the food concessions.
Last edited by mybad; May 09, 2019 at 01:30 PM.
May 10, 2019, 05:15 PM
Just got my reservations and pilots fee paid!
Latest blog entry: Too many projects
May 11, 2019, 08:57 PM
Great. You’ll have a great time.

If it’s like last year, get your raffle tickets immediately. They’re good for every raffle! So, your odds for prizes are greatest earlier. There were a LOT of raffles last year.

Quick Reply