May 01, 2019, 10:54 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Thread OP
Discussion

Top Flite Dave Platt Se5a

As usual I have too many models in the works. I should just finish them one at a time but I have a short attention span. On the bench today is a Dave Platt design Top Flite Se5a. I'd like to finish it in the overall colors of the Shuttleworth Collection's Se5a. It looks PC12 to me but I do see a hint of green in it. Opinions as to what you all see. I like the darker brown of the PC12 which I can mix up using Rustoleum flat black and gloss red (approximating lamp black and iron oxide).
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2019, 03:35 PM
Carrera;
These are very good flying models! In the pictures you posted, the flying shot reminds me of the Imperial War Museums' Sopwith Camel color. It is finished with PC-10, and is so dark that it appears almost black at first glance. The curator told me that this finish would quickly oxidize and turn to a sort of flat brownish-green when in the weather. Finding the 'perfect' PC color has always been a bit elusive.
John
May 01, 2019, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
That's an interesting bit of information. I like the darker color so may just mix my own and test it on some scrap fabric.

I was reluctant to even start a thread dreading opening yet another PC10 vs PC12 discussion. Lol
May 01, 2019, 09:06 PM
Brighto?
Big discussions about that over on the RC Scalebuilder forum.
May 08, 2019, 11:33 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Damn, how many giant scale golden era WW1 bipes do you own?
May 09, 2019, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Damn, how many giant scale golden era WW1 bipes do you own?
Just think of all the fun you guys will have picking through my stuff when I kick the bucket. Lol
May 09, 2019, 08:47 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
You live healthier than I do, you’ve got your eye on my big p-38
May 09, 2019, 11:18 PM

only the good die young mike

Only the good Die young, and I definitely know a fiar number of your friends, so I think its safe to say we aint never gonna die my friend .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Just think of all the fun you guys will have picking through my stuff when I kick the bucket. Lol
May 10, 2019, 07:36 AM
Brighto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Just remember, the guy who dies with the most toys wins.

Quick Reply