May 30, 2019, 11:11 AM
Krispy Kindrick, Yes I flew in launch mode I am human. Never hit the barn or a tree. was mid aired on final to go to the water my first flight ever in 5j. SO put up or show up! BTW who won the last ALES at Visalia??? ROTGL
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2019, 01:43 PM
Who did not fly his machine since October and still was on your tail? Days are numbered for you so keep your one good EYE looking backwards. Days are numbered for you
May 30, 2019, 03:14 PM
Team Hello Kitty
I just arrived and was treated to a beautiful sight: the south basin is dry!! And it I seems firm enough to drive on.
May 31, 2019, 04:55 PM
Thread OP

Pilots Meeting 8:00 AM

Well the field looks great. Everyone here is really enjoying the lift.

We lost Steve and Steve Jr., so the pilot count is down to 20. Doing just 3 flight groups will give us plenty of time to get plenty of flying in. Pilots meeting will be at 8:00 am tomorrow, not the published 7:30.

Thanks,

Tim
May 31, 2019, 10:34 PM
Thread OP

Draw Matrix

Fellas,

Here is the draw matrix, I will have hard copies printed in the morning. Pilots meeting at 8:00 am. Fantastic barbeque, thanks Dale, you are awesome!!

See you all in the morning,

Tim
Jun 01, 2019, 12:04 AM
Team Hello Kitty
You can follow the real-time GliderScore scores at this link:
http://gliderscore.com/onlinescores....93ef3e17e3&T=P

Chef Dale Olstinske treated us to a well attended Fri nite BBQ with a veritable feast with pulled pork, amazing gourmet BBQ beans, salads, and of course pies and ice cream. Gotta sleep off all this food and do some flying tomorrow...
Jun 01, 2019, 06:58 PM
Thread OP

Day 1 Results

Folks,

Great day of flying, even when I had to take a swim for my plane, but I was not the only one … EL.

Results attached.

See you all tomorrow.

Tim
Jun 02, 2019, 04:53 PM
Thread OP

Preliminary Finals

Ok,

Great flying today! Finishing off the Prelim's was exciting, with Fred Weaver winning, (way to go dude!!) Flyoff were equally exciting with a lot of very low launches. Congrats to Bob McGowan for winning his first F5J contest! We won't tell anyone he barley made the flyoffs in 8th place with (2) zero flights in Prelims. Great job Bob!

All the gory details are attached,

Tim
Jun 03, 2019, 10:28 AM
WOW what a great weekend!!!! KK thanks for Jinxing me DOG!!!! great flights with great filers 14 rounds and 3 flyoffs done by 2:30 on Sunday!
Still much to learn! one statement of the weekend was herd! That F'ing Weaver again! LOL
Fred earned the 1 spot after 14
Last edited by THE EYE; Jun 03, 2019 at 09:53 PM. Reason: weav
Jun 03, 2019, 10:58 AM
Red Merle SJ VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EYE
... one statement of the weekend was herd! That Fing Weaver again! LOL
Fred earned the 1 spot after 14
“Old soldiers never die“
Jun 03, 2019, 11:15 PM
Me? You had the Tx in your had and still mastered the art of BAD EYE. Oh well. Water or fixed objects seem to find you what about the power off? Was that me too

Use the GOOD EYE in October
Jun 04, 2019, 05:24 PM
Thanks Tim and CVRC for a great contest and Dale for a great BBQ! We could not have asked for more perfect conditions. It is true Weaver was flying like a madman all weekend and it finally caught up with him in the last round of the flyoffs which he was leading by the way. And what happened to Mike Roseberry - He was leading the whole prelims and then took some zeros and I don’t think he was able to fly maybe? You were doing super good Mike. There is a lot of talent among this west coast group of guys – everyone in the flyoffs was a huge threat and so are many of the guys who did not make that cut. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next west coast event in Davis. See you there.
Jun 05, 2019, 09:11 AM
KK power off?
Jun 06, 2019, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McGowan
Thanks Tim and CVRC for a great contest and Dale for a great BBQ! We could not have asked for more perfect conditions. It is true Weaver was flying like a madman all weekend and it finally caught up with him in the last round of the flyoffs which he was leading by the way. And what happened to Mike Roseberry - He was leading the whole prelims and then took some zeros and I don’t think he was able to fly maybe? You were doing super good Mike. There is a lot of talent among this west coast group of guys – everyone in the flyoffs was a huge threat and so are many of the guys who did not make that cut. I had a great time and am looking forward to the next west coast event in Davis. See you there.
FWIW..... Nothing "caught up with me".... I was unaware there were bonus points on the table. Let's just say it was a rooky mistake about the understanding of the way the points work. As you are well aware, I could have very easily flown back downwind with the group to make sure I covered you and the others for the complete weekend..... However, at the time I was thinking more about some Gatorade, water and shade..... I tried to do something fun and it just didn't work out. Enjoy your Gimme..... It won't happen the same way again.
Weav

Quick Reply