This thread is privately moderated by kevin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 05, 2019, 05:49 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
That yellow f18 twin makes the single engine f18 look tiny
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2019, 06:03 PM
Nice!!!
Sep 05, 2019, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
Ragtop flew the F18 at the end of the day again. Wicked fast!!
Sep 05, 2019, 06:59 PM
Link to video below
Huge thanks to Kevin, Terry, and all the Torks for holding this event, and inviting all of us to share their great site! So happy to see this thing fly!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...version/page66
Sep 06, 2019, 11:13 AM
Certified Eagle and Bug Driver
Damn, should have tagged along with Ragtop. What a beautiful site, you guys are sure lucky to have a field like this. Hey are there any swags available for this event (hats, t-shirts)?? If so, would like to see what they look like. If I like something maybe I can convince Mike to bring something home for me.
Have fun guys while I slave away at work.

Jim
Sep 06, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Swag....
Sep 06, 2019, 12:53 PM
Certified Eagle and Bug Driver
Thanks Kevin,

Jim
Sep 07, 2019, 09:31 PM
Heading home tomorrow, so another great EJETS, E Warbirds comes to a close for me. A big thanks to Kevin, Terry, and all the TORKS members for sharing their great flying site, all the hard work to put this event together, and for their hospitality!!

Guys, if you like to fly EDF jets and/or electric warbirds, you have got to put this on your calendar for next year. Great flying site, no lines, great folks, lots of flying

Video of Best Scale Jet. Plane flew great, and sounded awesome!
Ken Lapointe's Yellow F-18, EJETS 2019 (4 min 51 sec)
Sep 08, 2019, 07:27 PM
Here's the video Carolynn shot of 6 Freewing A-10 Warthogs flying together at the 2019 E-jets and E-warbirds event Saturday. Was an absolute BLAST!!!

Hog Heaven at 2019 E-jets and E-warbirds. (3 min 7 sec)
Sep 08, 2019, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
Thanks to all the pilots that made the trip to join us this year. We had a blast. The weather was great as was the field.

And, thanks again to our sponsors for providing pilots prizes!!

Schubeler Technologies GmbH

BuddyRC

BVM Jets

Horizon Hobby

Efflux RC

RC Jetwerx

EDCO Tool

Few more pics...
Sep 09, 2019, 12:22 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
A couple more event Pics
Sep 09, 2019, 12:31 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
Big thanks to TORKS club for holding this great event. Got in lots of great flights at the fantastic field with near perfect weather. Notice I said great flights, not great landings Great group of folks both running and attending the event.

Special thanks to Dave , Mike and Chris's magical pile of tools for helping me fix the landing gear on my F/A-18. Thanks also to Mike for posting the great video

I was honored to win the Best Scale Jet award with the Yellow Aircraft F/A-18, luckily for me Mike hadn't painted his jets yet

Looking forward to next year.
Sep 09, 2019, 01:25 PM
2020 EDF Jet Jam
Good job Ken!
Sep 09, 2019, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the pictures and videos!
Sep 09, 2019, 05:39 PM
You earned it, she flew great!

I will say that I'm a little disappointed there wasn't an award for most landings per flight. I know I was in the running for that one! By the end of each day I started greasing the landings, but earlier, bounce city

I all honesty, I had no illusions of winning anything. All I wanted was to see is the F-18 fly...with a controlled landing! Was super happy to have the opportunity to fly it there, and was thrilled she flew so nice. Winning the Flight Recognition award for finally getting this thing in the air, was pretty cool!

Quick Reply