This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 30, 2019, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Apprentice Decolage

Fellow clubmember Cliff started flying an Apprentice and then a Commander. He asked me if I could reduce the pitch up of the Apprentice at full power to a lower climb angle like his Commander. I showed him Flight Modes that could be used with his DX6 but he was unsure of that route. So I suggested reducing the decalage angle by shimming the trailing edge of the wing. I had some hard 3/32 inch thick balsa so started with one, then two and finally 3 layers of wood. The end result was a 5 degree climbout angle at full power with SAFE on (Beginner Mode). With full up elevator she climbed at about 80 degrees. Happy with 9/32 of shim we filled in the gap with a single piece of 3/32 and white electrical tape.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 09:31 PM
Lurking......
What I learned to do was to mix down elevator in with the throttle. Its a must with flying wings. no way to change your incidence there!
May 01, 2019, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR91
What I learned to do was to mix down elevator in with the throttle. Its a must with flying wings. no way to change your incidence there!
Yes and with selecting FM for throttle you can have 3 different elevator trim values at the low mid anp high throttle position. You can adjust those trims while your flying if you select FM in the Trim Setup menu of the Spectrum DX6 and up radios.

Quick Reply