Aug 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Awesome review and pics!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 05:22 PM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Thanks Nut!

I was asked to add a little info on how I had setup the ESCs since out of the box, the Talon 60s all have BECs and having 4 BECs operating in addition to having Rx packs is no bueno. You'll end up overloading the ESCs and run the risk of burning one out. So, in terms of how I setup my motors, I actually just daisy chained the four motors through a series of y-harnesses so I could use a single channel. So, the motors are y'ed in each wing which are then y'ed inside the fuselage going to the receiver. The red wires were removed from the servo plugs at the ESC to disable all of the BECs. They must be disabled at the ESC as disabling at the final single plug going into the Rx doesn't work as the BECs will still cross talk within the loops they are plug into. I put together a discussion on how I like to setup multi-electrics a while back hopefully helps anyone searching this info out. The philosophy is the same, just 4x instead of 2. The other thing I did was to setup fixed endpoints on the throttle. Just ensures you get consistent power from the system every flight.

There's definitely a lot happening in the fuse on this model and I could certainly stand to clean up the wiring more. All in due time I suppose.

Chris
http://thercgeek.com

From the Bench - How to Setup Multi-Engined Electric Aircraft (The RC Geek) (8 min 47 sec)
Aug 25, 2019, 11:32 AM
Classic jets rule
Chris ...really a super job on this plane. It flys great too. Looking forward to your finishing touches.
Sep 27, 2019, 01:44 PM

Wire extensions between the ESC and motor

Hi Chris:

I'm getting ready to start assembling my B-24 during the coming winter. Can you tell me where I can buy the long wire extensions between the ESC and motor shown in post #13?

Thanks.

Val
Sep 27, 2019, 04:29 PM
I need to buy some RCGeek gear... seriously the dude has already helped me SO MUCH just from videos and a few forum posts... It's amazing to think where we were in the late 90s/early 2000s to now when you can just jump on a forum or youtube and basically get a lesson from an expert in how to do X, Y and Z.
Oct 03, 2019, 04:08 PM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vf4ucsr
Hi Chris:

I'm getting ready to start assembling my B-24 during the coming winter. Can you tell me where I can buy the long wire extensions between the ESC and motor shown in post #13?

Thanks.

Val
Hi Val,

Sorry I missed this post! I simply bought some 12guage noodle wire off of Amazon (https://amzn.to/30Jb7kb) and then soldered in the lengths I needed onto the ESC. Soldering all the connectors and the wire was fun...

Chris
Oct 03, 2019, 04:10 PM
The RC Geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow
I need to buy some RCGeek gear... seriously the dude has already helped me SO MUCH just from videos and a few forum posts... It's amazing to think where we were in the late 90s/early 2000s to now when you can just jump on a forum or youtube and basically get a lesson from an expert in how to do X, Y and Z.
Thanks man, that's very kind of you to say!

Chris

Quick Reply