May 19, 2019, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
If you have a kit coming from Banggood, the tiny motor, gearbox, and prop are included. ...just no other electronics.

Rick
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 03:13 PM
The smaller the better...
If you are buying the parts separately BG has the wood version for $54 & $5 to ship.
The AE seller on my 2nd try for the complete carbon ver shows $41.95 retail but I can't find it anywhere for that price.

https://usa.banggood.com/Tygzs-M1-Wi...r_warehouse=CN
May 19, 2019, 04:15 PM
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328856...g1558300183100

Here's the actuators the model uses .2g a piece. Ya it sure would've been nice to get all those parts for $20 haha.
May 20, 2019, 06:50 AM
Jeremy Lee from BG offers 500 points to my account as a "good will".

They have advertised the plane wrong and would give me 500 points as a good will!!!!!!!!!!!!

First email from jeremy was about that the parts arent included in the kit. Very funny!!!!

This is my third e-mail about this unbelievable case. I have asked for full refund of $36 for two planes. Got it cheaper with coupons. I will wait one single day only. Then I will open a case at Paypal!

Good will? Parts not included in the kit? Is he kidding?
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 20, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
May 20, 2019, 11:27 AM
hdowding
Quote:
Typical Banggood "customer service" response in my experience. E.g.,[Damaged parts? We can't replace those, but we offer 600 points. Does this resolve the case? No. Okay, how about 750 points?] After several such responses to problems ranging from damaged parts to a keychain camera that gets hot enough to fry eggs when charging, I gave up. Banggood lost my business. (You'll find that those hundreds of points don't amount to a hill of beans, particularly since you can only use a limited number in any given purchase. And they expire before too long. This "goodwill gesture" costs Banggood nothing.)

It used to be that when everything shipped as advertised, you could get a pretty good bargain. But BG prices have gone up and free shipping is now the exception, not the rule. So far, Ali Express seems more reliable, with what are currently better deals. But that could change.
May 20, 2019, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding

Typical Banggood "customer service" response in my experience. E.g.,[Damaged parts? We can't replace those, but we offer 600 points. Does this resolve the case? No. Okay, how about 750 points?]
Thats the first attempt, after refusing one or two times I always get my refund usually!

Quote:
(You'll find that those hundreds of points don't amount to a hill of beans, particularly since you can only use a limited number in any given purchase. And they expire before too long. This "goodwill gesture" costs Banggood nothing.)
Mostly I get more discount with coupons! I am not a friend of the points either! Example: TTxBG10
Found it here: https://www.offers.com/banggood/

Quote:
So far, Ali Express seems more reliable, with what are currently better deals. But that could change.
Same experience! But you have to open a dispute latest 2 weeks after confirming the order received!

Quote:
Damaged parts?
Had a slice of 30mm in a 2.2 Austar tire out of the box! Operator "Emily" gave me full refund after my first request!

I expected the same, or at least similar bavaviour for the planes! It is so obviously that they have made a mistake!

Sometimes it comes down to the operator you get!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; May 20, 2019 at 01:28 PM.
May 20, 2019, 02:43 PM
Keep us informed if someone receives a real bnf from AE or elsewhere, please!
May 20, 2019, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer

They have advertised the plane wrong and would give me 500 points as a good will!!!!!!!!!!!!

First email from jeremy was about that the parts arent included in the kit. Very funny!!!!

This is my third e-mail about this unbelievable case. I have asked for full refund of $36 for two planes. Got it cheaper with coupons. I will wait one single day only. Then I will open a case at Paypal!

Good will? Parts not included in the kit? Is he kidding?
I have not received my order yet, but I am fully expecting I will not receive the electronics. I will be taking a very firm line with BG, and will be also opening a case with Paypal if I don't promptly receive a full refund. I hope everyone else posting here and in the same circumstances will do the same - there's strength in numbers.
May 20, 2019, 10:33 PM
Quote:

Typical Banggood "customer service" response in my experience. E.g.,[Damaged parts? We can't replace those, but we offer 600 points. Does this resolve the case? No. Okay, how about 750 points?] After several such responses to problems ranging from damaged parts to a keychain camera that gets hot enough to fry eggs when charging, I gave up. Banggood lost my business. (You'll find that those hundreds of points don't amount to a hill of beans, particularly since you can only use a limited number in any given purchase. And they expire before too long. This "goodwill gesture" costs Banggood nothing.)

It used to be that when everything shipped as advertised, you could get a pretty good bargain. But BG prices have gone up and free shipping is now the exception, not the rule. So far, Ali Express seems more reliable, with what are currently better deals. But that could change.
Yes, as I've said in an earlier post, I've been pretty happy with BG over about 400 orders, but I agree there has been a decline. Recently bought a powered glider, XK A800, and found it was about 10% cheaper on AE and arrived much faster than I have usually experienced from BG.

The postage raises an interesting point. I suspect BG and others similar have their postage subsidised by the Chinese government, to promote Chinese businesses. But of course that really means, by virtue of the international postal agreement, that the taxpayers in the receiving country are also subsidising these businesses, as the receiving country is obliged to deliver the package for free. You can be pretty sure that there are vastly more of these packages received in Australia, for example, than go in the other direction.

Perhaps the Chinese government is no longer willing to be so generous with the subsidy.
May 21, 2019, 08:36 AM
Received an e-mail from BG operator Jeremy today!

He asked if I will accept getting refund for both planes! I have accepted! I will report again when the money is on my account!
May 21, 2019, 08:37 AM
The smaller the better...
Well the disappointment never ends. lol
From my 1st order (AE) same seller as most in here. They sell on AE also.

"We are so sorry to trouble you. For your order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We were told that your parcel was returned to the post office before due to some reasons, but they have resent the parcel to you on 2019-05-21 09:55:59.0 with new tracking number LTxxxxxxxxxCN, you can check the tracking information in this website https://www.17track.net/en.

Resent without asking so they can extend my pending disappointment 30 more days...... geeeeesh.......
It was to be delivered this Thurs.

Just checked the original tracking and 7 days ago the package was on a plane to the US.
Seems odd that it would be returned to China since it is well known that crushed packages get delivered.
Last edited by MegaByte-2; May 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
May 21, 2019, 08:44 AM
About the price is gaining in general.

Companys like BG when starting are trying to get into the market! In Germany this is called "Sich auf den Markt schiessen!". Translated something like "Shooting ouerselves on the market!".

Usually this happens with very low prices, offers, sales, whatever! Sometimes with prices below their own cost of the item! After they are established, they are gaining theire prices to make more profit. Customer doesnt notice this because he saved this company as very cheap!

HK did the same! Only chance to get the prices lower again for the customer is to prove the price and order elsewhere if cheaper! Almost every company in Germany starts with very low prices!

Thats my opinion about this!

EDIT: Prices for items arent calculated by the cost of the manufacturer. Well not mostly! Mostly it will be calculated by what the customer is willing to pay for.
May 21, 2019, 10:44 AM
Old RC Guy Having Fun!
After a couple emails I was able to cancel my BG order and received a refund this morning! Persistence pays off
May 23, 2019, 02:30 AM
I received mine today, and it was no surprise to see that the receiver, actuators, battery and charger are not in it. I immediately wrote to BG service demanding either that the missing items are shipped or a full refund provided.
May 23, 2019, 04:57 AM
ancora imparo
Me too. The fact that they responded within 10 minutes and they didn’t bother offering the stupid “Banggood Points” solution suggests to me that they are aware of the issue!

Quick Reply