May 12, 2019, 06:26 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
As far VQ I have had VQ from its inception in the USA . I can vouch for cheap wood, bad fitting parts ( wing to fuse ) cracked sheeting, weak firewalls, and super bag heavy covering !
That was back in the 90ties and distributed by a company from Texas ( not VQ /Thomas ) .
The original P40 reviewed by MAN Magazine crashed on take off in the actual magazine review lol, It was determined the model had the incorrect washout built into the wing.
Then about 5 years go by VQ was absent from the market ( Enter Thomas ) in Houston a new P40 , new shark mouth and a very good model !
Soon from the same factory different distributor ( James ) starts importing the new 1/5 scale Bearcat, Dauntless Classic excellent value model for the money.
As times would have it, James could not last as a single seller in a difficult hobby market despite being an excellent distributor and person !
VQ, Texas then picks up where James left off .
I own both the Dauntless and the Bearcat, great models and like all ARFs they need work but nothing major.
The servo hatches will fail in flight if not reinforced and some parts still need tweaking to fit however when considering a $500 Warbird with painted pilots, retracts ect, much better then the Top Flight original prices of ARFs in the $800 to $1000 range.
TF has since reduced cost and now introducing the ARC lower cost versions of the 1/5 scale models at a much better cost.
Part of the problem in the USA in addition to the previous discussion is that with the aging RC community ( unfortunately) passing away, there is an abundance of models in the swap market.
This unfortunate trend is not helping major USA distributors with their higher end planes
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 07:45 AM
Didnít know about Black Horse models but man they got some nice models I would like to buy, the Westland Lysander is one of them and now with ePowered options itís even more interesting! However model+motor+servos is going to be close to $1000 😮
May 16, 2019, 02:35 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Looks like motion Rc is going to carry the brand see the website for details.
No idea on what planes yet
May 16, 2019, 05:10 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV_BOB
However model+motor+servos is going to be close to $1000 😮
I would have thought that was pretty fair when you compare it to a box of Chinese foam and parts like the HSD jets at a thousand bucks!

The Lysander is amazing, I know of one running a Saito FG60R3 in it. Electric would be so easy, an SK3 6374-192Kv motor with a 22x10 prop on 10 cells would be more than enough power and the power train will be under USD$200.00.
I run this motor with a 19x12 on 10 cells and it pulls 70A static, under 60 in the air, pulls an 18lb Black Horse 79" SeaFury around faster than the gas equivalent.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
May 26, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
Looks like motion Rc is going to carry the brand see the website for details.
No idea on what planes yet
Hoping to see the BH fw190 at motionrc sometime soon

Quick Reply