Apr 29, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Help with electronics

I am getting away from drones and building an airboat. Lots of drone parts left. DJI 2212 motor is what I was going to use to push the boat with. Can I use a drone ESC and if so how do I connect it to the receiver. I was going to use the Futaba T7c transmitter with a receiver from the drone. Is this possible. Just trying to reuse as much as possible
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 02:43 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Airboat? This topic might get more results in the Dock Talk room or Racing Boats - Electric room, where several airboat topics already exist.

This room is more for coding, digital operations, automatic operations and the like.

That said, everything else sounds OK, but you should use a more typical air-cooled ESC intended for car or plane that plugs right into any standard receiver via industry standard 3-wire servo connector. A unit rated for 30A should do fine.

Quick Reply