Jun 15, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed
Here's a screenshot from S3D using the factory files unedited.
Is that file 1 or 2.
Printing the rudder right now but will print the cowl part your having trouble with tomorrow. The smaller Edge had a one piece cowl I think and this one looks to be 2 pieces. So its not just scaled up and maybe something happened during the design phase.
The fuse and tail have printed with no problems and its really big so that makes it really cool. Just finished printing the Corsair and started on this one this week. Hope to have it finished by the end of next week.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 11:47 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1
Is that file 1 or 2.
Printing the rudder right now but will print the cowl part your having trouble with tomorrow. The smaller Edge had a one piece cowl I think and this one looks to be 2 pieces. So its not just scaled up and maybe something happened during the design phase.
The fuse and tail have printed with no problems and its really big so that makes it really cool. Just finished printing the Corsair and started on this one this week. Hope to have it finished by the end of next week.
EDGE_73_cowling_01.factory
Jun 15, 2019, 11:51 AM
This is the smaller cowling with what looks like the problem you have encountered.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:54 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by japim
Absolutely true. It's just a matter of the threshold of patience.

Currebtly I am in a trip but if you are willing I can try to fix it for you. Just ping me via PM on Sunday evening.
Thanks for the offer.
I'm printing now with my last gasp changes. If no Joy, I will certainly take you up on your offer.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:56 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
This is the smaller cowling with what looks like the problem you have encountered.
Yep. I was going to post some pics that I sent to 3Dlabprints but they're too big for rcg. Need to take the time to shrink them.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:56 AM
Backside view in the slicer and I don't see any gaps. Will know more tomorrow when I start printing it though.
Jun 15, 2019, 11:58 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Backside view in the slicer and I don't see any gaps. Will know more tomorrow when I start printing it though.
You need to be in preview mode to see it.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Yep. I was going to post some pics that I sent to 3Dlabprints but they're too big for rcg. Need to take the time to shrink them.
Odd that the slicer shows no gap but the gap is present in the printout. So, Lynx is right about the layering, you may increase the number to correct this problem.
When I pulled the smaller one of the printer I didn't pay much attention to the gap and probably figured I would just add a little filler during the painting stage.
And I know when I get to changing parameters in S3D there goes my whole day, lol
Best of luck and hopefully it is just a layer problem.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:03 PM
Quote:
You need to be in preview mode to see it.
Thanks. I see them now and that's exactly where they occur on the smaller one.
So, its a design issue and maybe they will get back with you. I sent them an e-mail once and it took a few weeks I think to hear back from them. I attribute it to the fact that they are so far away, lol
Jun 15, 2019, 12:05 PM
I may just swap over to the other cowl and see how it prints out. Will let ya know and that's hoping my rudder print goes well today. Fun, fun
Jun 15, 2019, 12:26 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
I may just swap over to the other cowl and see how it prints out. Will let ya know and that's hoping my rudder print goes well today. Fun, fun
That was going to be my fallback option, but I really likes the looks of the Arch version better.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:28 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Quote:
Thanks. I see them now and that's exactly where they occur on the smaller one.
So, its a design issue and maybe they will get back with you. I sent them an e-mail once and it took a few weeks I think to hear back from them. I attribute it to the fact that they are so far away, lol
I sent an email to their info address today. Said if they didn't get involved I issue a dispute with PayPal. Hope that gets their attention, or maybe they just don't care.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:32 PM
Quote:
I sent an email to their info address today. Said if they didn't get involved I issue a dispute with PayPal. Hope that gets their attention, or maybe they just don't care.
I would also work with japim…..he seems to know what he is doing and he may be able to correct the file using software. I think I lived with the flaw because i'm not very good at Fusion.

Now that you've identified where the problem lies, I think I will print the other cowl until 3DLab gets this problem fixed.
Thanks again!
Jun 15, 2019, 12:57 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
I think I owe Cory80 an apology for hijacking his thread.
Jun 15, 2019, 02:05 PM
Quote:
I think I owe Cory80 an apology for hijacking his thread.
Me too and I wonder if the 64 Edge has the same cowl problem.

Quick Reply