May 02, 2019, 10:45 AM
The cure for rapid aging is....
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2019, 05:56 PM
So many planes, So little time

Still Safe

I've crashed four times..
May 05, 2019, 08:32 AM
Flew my new v900 yesturday...what a blast but joe is right...i had to actually put on my regular glassed to keep my on it..lol..definately a higher c recommended..im running 35c and there gettin pretty warm...I tried a hv 3s 1800 130c and it was a big difference
May 17, 2019, 11:55 PM
I want to fly everything!
I got my garbage bag case together. I had to model up a landing gear set for it.

The main wheels are all plastic; no tires. If they are slippery what difference does it make? The rear wheel will use an O-ring which I have a bunch of.

Warm up your printers guys!

I have enough .063 6061 T6 aluminum to make maybe four main gear pieces. I wish I had a shear that could cut it otherwise I'm going to have to use a jigsaw. Does anybody have access to a laser cutter?

This will slow the plane down a little but maybe that's not such a bad thing.
Last edited by Lance Nordby; May 18, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
May 18, 2019, 09:26 AM
Hey! Who viewed my screen shot without saying anything?!!!
May 18, 2019, 12:15 PM
It was me Lance.

I can print out a set in ABS for you.

I'm not afraid of hand-launching anymore though, just keep having mysterious de-bind/control loss issues resulting in spectacular crashes.

Building my third one from parts now.

Joe

-J
May 18, 2019, 05:29 PM
Hi Lance,

The print failed miserably...just not optimized for additive MFG. If you'd like to share the SW files , I can play with them and get a print done.

Joe
May 18, 2019, 05:33 PM
Thanks Joe,

I'm starting to think that your r/c gear has been possessed by some kind of electronic demons. I think one of them got away and into the Viperjet.

Are you going to print a set for yourself? I really created the gear as a favor for Nolan who said he would to put gear on his plane.
May 18, 2019, 05:35 PM
Thanks Joe,

I think your R/C gear is possessed by demons. One got away and into my Viperjet.

Are you going to print a set for yourself?

I really created the gear as a favor to Nolan who said he would like to have gear on his plane.
May 18, 2019, 06:26 PM
Mar 03, 2020, 05:41 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
I picked up an unflown V900 from a guy who was afraid to fly it. Maidened it yesterday on 3S. All went well until landing approach when the receiver stopped receiving. Minor damage easily repaired, but looking at the antenna placement I suspect signal loss when head-on. One of the antennae was next to the ESC and the other in contact with the battery (bad!). Battery was still over 50% and iX20 Tx is fine (flew my F-4 with it immediately after).

So where should the antennae be located, and in which orientations?
Latest blog entry: Make your own EDF afterburner
Mar 03, 2020, 06:07 PM
So many planes, So little time

Here's some pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
I picked up an unflown V900 from a guy who was afraid to fly it. Maidened it yesterday on 3S. All went well until landing approach when the receiver stopped receiving. Minor damage easily repaired, but looking at the antenna placement I suspect signal loss when head-on. One of the antennae was next to the ESC and the other in contact with the battery (bad!). Battery was still over 50% and iX20 Tx is fine (flew my F-4 with it immediately after).

So where should the antennae be located, and in which orientations?
Hope this helps

Name: antenna placement.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 614.8 KB
Description:

Name: antenna short wire.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 558.2 KB
Description:

Name: antenna long wire.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 519.8 KB