Apr 29, 2019, 03:07 PM
Thread OP

v900 tips/recommendations

Hey everyone,

I know there are a bunch of e-flight v900 owners/flyers. I'm thinking of getting one and have a few questions:

1. Has anyone experienced a wing failure? Any tips to strengthen the wing?
2. Does the stock motor/esc setup stay cool? Has anyone upgraded their motor?
3. Are the stock servos of decent quality?
4. Is everyone running stock props or is there a recommended alternative?

Thanks much!

Tristan
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2019, 10:06 AM
Hey Tristan, I've got one and have flown it 4 times, two on 3S and two on 4S. It's fast and flies great stock. We mostly got them for racing, although they seem too fast , so I don't think we're planning on upgrading power or prop. Wings seemed fine when I was pulling at full throttle and servos seemed ok. It has AS3X so that might also be why it tracks so well. I would fly it stock first and see how you like it, mine needed almost no trim on maiden, flies great!
Apr 30, 2019, 12:50 PM

This thing is just fine as-is on 3S

Hi Tristan,

On 3S it will do a full throttle 20G 180 at 100 mph all day without hurting the wing. (unlike the old Rifles). To do a real fast lap you need to power back a little on the turns so additional power or battery will really only reduce the flight times and probably not improve lap times at all. BTW The gyro really works nicely.

They are a metric ton of fun!

Horizon was out of the props, but motion had them for less money anyway...I ordered 10, but I've not personally broken one yet.

I'm using the Revolectrix graphene 3S 2200 70c and they come down pretty cool after a hard 5 minute run. I've seen the 30 c batteries and almost all 4S attempts come down pretty hot and early and sometimes a bit puffy.

In two words...GET ONE. I think the $25 off FOAM code is still in effect.

Take a mild sedative and make sure your eyes are clear and your glasses are clean before flying , because they get small really quickly

Joe
Apr 30, 2019, 12:52 PM
Also, We've seen three complete and total smacks including a tree punch and I've not seen a spar fail yet, even in a crash.
Apr 30, 2019, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys! I'm going to wait until June to order my v900.

I just ordered a new german warmliner that I hope to have buzzing around next weekend. Hope that will help me work up to some v900 racing.

Cheers, Tristan
Apr 30, 2019, 09:35 PM
I want to fly everything!
You better get one now Tristan, because by June you might be flying yours alone.

Oh! Did I say that?
Apr 30, 2019, 10:48 PM
Lance ...you chicken! Get one!
May 01, 2019, 09:30 AM
I am chicken.

Trying to fly a sailplane at about 10 kt with a hoard of these things buzzing past you at 120 mph is disconcerting.

A certain insanity seems to have taken hold at the flying field (again).
May 01, 2019, 10:43 AM
Aw come on! We were racing on 3S which means they were only going 100mph!
May 01, 2019, 12:09 PM
Maybe we need a new safety rule: People flying from the duck pond must wear hard hats.
May 01, 2019, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
I sure didn't mean to start a forum riot!

I think I'm going to hold off on the v900 purchase. I have build projects for a hotliner, fpv wing, and a field charging box going right now. Also, I'm going to wait for the next Horizon discount code.
May 01, 2019, 01:24 PM
So many planes, So little time

They're Safe

I've only crashed mine three times, so far.
May 01, 2019, 03:29 PM
Tristan...you just tapped into the adrenalin stream. We wont shame you for putting around at under 70.

I think we should all offer to launch each others airplanes. Most of the crashes are on launch.

I'm chicken too!
May 01, 2019, 05:40 PM
That must be why I haven't crashed, Chris is my official launcher . Has anyone tried the auto level/as3x for launching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kollmann
Tristan...you just tapped into the adrenalin stream. We wont shame you for putting around at under 70.

I think we should all offer to launch each others airplanes. Most of the crashes are on launch.

I'm chicken too!
May 01, 2019, 11:18 PM
Well, the last guy up is going to have to launch his own unless you can find some sucker who doesn't have one. Wait, maybe that guy isn't really a sucker after all.

OK, I'll launch the last plane.

Quick Reply