1/10 OUTCAST 4x4 4S BLX Brushless Truggy RTR, Black (ARA102692)

Big OUTCAST performance — 4S-capable brushless power and 50+ mph speed!

Splash

OUTCAST 4X4 4S BLX

At home on trails, over muddy courses, and at skate parks and race tracks, the OUTCAST 4X4 4S BLX shares the low, lean look of its 6S BLX forerunner in a scaled-down size. Power comes from the ARRMA® 4S-capable BLX120 brushless system – which features a 2400Kv brushless motor and ESC fitted with dual EC5™ connectors for using two 2S LiPo battery packs. Differential gears inside the front and rear gearboxes are made of durable metal.

Building from the successful 4X4 3S BLX platform, ARRMA® designers stretched the track width for the OUTCAST™ 4X4 4S BLX by widening the suspension and drive shafts. A center brace added along the length of the chassis provides maximum durability and can be removed in just four quick steps when it's time to perform maintenance. The molded 16mm Big Bore shocks include top-loading springs and molded-in shock rod ends to prevent spring loss. The large, tough wheels hubs and durable 17mm wheel hexes hold standard 3.8" wheels, outfitted with low-profile BACKFLIP tires. The wing and bumpers follow the look of the OUTCAST™ 6S BLX, with new wing and body mounts.

The ready-to-run package comes complete with a Spektrum™ STX2® 2.4GHz radio with SRX200 waterproof receiver and an ARRMA® ADS-15M metal gear servo. Add your choice of battery, charger, and "AA" transmitter batteries, and start making your own RC mayhem!

ARRMA® OUTCAST™ 4X4 - 1/10 4S BLX Stunt Truck (1 min 13 sec)

Features

• ARRMA® speed and toughness
  • 4S-capable BLX120 Brushless Power System for 50+ mph speed
  • Performance approaching the OUTCAST™ 6S BLX 4X4
  • Spektrum™ STX2® 2.4GHz Radio System
  • 2-Channel SRX200 waterproof receiver *
  • Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
  • Extended range and interference-free performance
  • Throttle/steering reversing
  • Throttle/steering travel adjust
  • Throttle limiting
  • ADS-15M waterproof metal gear servo *
  • 2400Kv Brushless motor with large heatsink
  • BLX120 ESC with dual EC5™ battery connectors for two 2S LiPo packs
  • Lengthened suspension arms and driveshaft for wider track than 3S BLX vehicles
  • Center chassis brace for maximum durability
  • Metal spur gear and castellated slipper pads
  • Enlarged front and rear hubs for added strength
  • Durable 17mm hexes
  • 16mm Big Bore shocks with molded-in shock rod end and top-loading spring
  • Front and rear gearboxes with metal internal differential gears
  • New wing, wing mounts, and bumpers
  • New body mounts
  • Low-profile BACKFLIP tires
  • ADS-15M metal gear servo
  • 2-year limited warranty

Photos

Learn More!

Head over to Horizon Hobby for pricing and more info!

Apr 29, 2019, 04:14 PM
The Mad Titan
Man, this thing is SOOOOOO tempting. Did they send you one to test?
Apr 29, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
We almost never get cars to review but it's cool! I'm waiting on a first gen C10 to match my 64.
Apr 29, 2019, 06:52 PM
Electrons were young...
Looks awesome and extremely durable!!!

Only two things I would wish for would be to see a shot of full throttle speed pass in normal time (no slow motion), and a bit of editorial commentary regarding any parts broken during the video shoot.

If they said that after all that rough stuff that they broke "part X" it would be the most honest, straightforward statement made and go a long way towards a purchase. OK, not that that will get in the way at this point
Apr 30, 2019, 07:04 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
We almost never get cars to review but it's cool! I'm waiting on a first gen C10 to match my 64.
That stinks. I know this is more an "air" forum, but with 750K members (unsure what the actual active number is), you'd think these companies would throw you something a little more often?
May 10, 2019, 07:46 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
db post
May 10, 2019, 07:46 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
im not on here much anymore, but gotta chime in on this one.

absolutely pointless release. arrma already has 3s, arrma already has 6s that also runs 4s. its pointless to have a 3,4 and 6s series of the same dang models. talk about beating a dead horse. the 3 and 4s are nothing but plastic, everything plastic. gears too! we had all the 3s and 6s models. sold all the 3s cause the plastics wear out quickly. plastic axles break often. generally tough trucks but they do wear quickly. every single 3s model we had blew ALL the bearings within 2 weeks. 5-10 runs. the 4s line shares all the same materials composition as the 3s. the 6s line up is the only real worthy units that are built for durability. I consider the 3 and 4s line to be disposable and a complete waste of money. spend the extra money and just buy the 6s. if you really want 1/10 3s/4s then buy traxxas for more durable platforms. just speaking from experience
May 10, 2019, 12:40 PM
Which gears are stripping? The ring and pinion for the diffs?
May 10, 2019, 08:10 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
im not on here much anymore, but gotta chime in on this one.

Absolutely pointless release. Arrma already has 3s, arrma already has 6s that also runs 4s. Its pointless to have a 3,4 and 6s series of the same dang models. Talk about beating a dead horse. The 3 and 4s are nothing but plastic, everything plastic. Gears too! We had all the 3s and 6s models. Sold all the 3s cause the plastics wear out quickly. Plastic axles break often. Generally tough trucks but they do wear quickly. Every single 3s model we had blew all the bearings within 2 weeks. 5-10 runs. The 4s line shares all the same materials composition as the 3s. The 6s line up is the only real worthy units that are built for durability. I consider the 3 and 4s line to be disposable and a complete waste of money. Spend the extra money and just buy the 6s. if you really want 1/10 3s/4s then buy traxxas for more durable platforms. Just speaking from experience
lol!!!!
May 11, 2019, 04:58 PM
Car Bashing
Quote:
if you really want 1/10 3s/4s then buy traxxas for more durable platforms. just speaking from experience
I think you're not talking about stock traxxas but heavily upgraded traxxas, so, with parts which don't come from Traxxas. And i think you're not talking about hard bashing as we can do with Arrma cars.

The main thing i see durable on Traxxas 1/10 is the +20yo design.

Quick Reply