Sep 30, 2019, 01:13 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
A very good product for using on the bottom of sailplanes is drawer slide tape. There are actually a few types. Teflon, PTFE and UHMW. They all work well. UHMW is 'Ultra High Molecular Weight' plastic, and is the same stuff that is in the artificial knee I have... Believe me when I say it is as tough as nails!!

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 06, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2019, 02:52 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Hi Steve... nice to know about you... excuse and beg your pardon cause there is some days without posting on this thread-blog...tx so much for the link, ordered the stuff from Amazon and will give a try...on the city club runway with gravel landing protection is as said a true problem... till now when the skids that we installed on our Sprit now have some landings over that surface and no problem of scuffs or so... at least by now.. it seems that sort of material is very, very similar of the one used on the full size military coppters on NAVSTA,... really tough agains abrasion..and lightweigh too..

A little late, but here is the vid.

(6 min 11 sec)
Oct 06, 2019, 02:56 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
And this morning we went to fly again... a beautiful soaring day... love how those Esprits flies... friend Agustinīs did nicely and our little one on the second flight let it free flight without any radio input during a low thermal circling and flew without any input during minutes... till almost lost of sight.., take some also some aerial vids with a Mobius on board camera and of course additional weigh and mostly perhaps drags have a true penalty..but still did a aceptable performance..
Oct 06, 2019, 03:03 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Really enjoyed so much with this little ship as the total of my flying buddies also...... what can one says about the Esprit performance... ?... that with that kind of calm or very light wing it flies like a angel and doesnīt want to came down till you force it .. a 3S 1.000 mah. keep you flying for hours if youīre able..menwhile friend Edīs version done by Agustin with some personal mods flies beautiful too... with the added bonus that as be a big ship you can see it higher... still needs some adjustments on the control travels but show a enourmeus pottential.. soon weīre going to go with them to a regional rc soaring meeting on a city close to Sevilla and will go with the Esprits and Grand Esprits... my good US friend had also a great fun with his foamie and did a aerial footage too.. soon will upload another vid.

All my best buddies.

Manolo.
Oct 26, 2019, 05:14 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Lovely wife did a wing transport and storing bag for our Esprit...both half wings fits nicely plus the rods...did also some flights a couple weekends ago with friend Agustín and his Edīs updated bigger Esprit.
Tomorrow also is a sailplane meeting in Lebrija... a city near Seville and plan to go with our Esprit and the GES, so did a cleanup, wing polishing and some little adjust... both ships are into the car and ready to go.. on one of the pics is possible to apreciate the difference on size between original Esprit and updated friend Edīs GES half wing...
Oct 26, 2019, 05:20 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Some pics of the last time a couple weeks ago when Agustin and me flew our Esprits...
Oct 26, 2019, 05:22 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
And others flying pics... will upload for sharing a edited vid soon...
All my best buddies.
Manolo.
Oct 26, 2019, 01:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Wonderful!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Oct 27, 2019, 10:49 AM
AMA 179-CD
Big Esprit is better looking with a more proportional V-tail, sure like it that way! How effective are the spoilers? Ed
Oct 27, 2019, 12:49 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Tx buddies.... your Esprit spoilers are really efective... Agustin continues taming and doing checks flights to achieve the most potential of this beautiful ship... he added 10 grs. lead on tail and thermals better now.. needs a little mix with up trim elevator, but not too much... they does a good job Ed...today we went with the 3 versions to the Lebrija Sailplane Meeting and had a great day... will upload a video soon... lots of sailplaners and really nice people, beautiful warm day with lots of thermals, maybe more than desired and really strong at noon, and good spanish paella to eat... really good guys the Lebrijas Flying Club..
Oct 27, 2019, 12:56 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
More pics of today event.... both Esprits the 1.971 first one and the GES with updated Edīs wing perform beautiful... love the handling and lightness of the little one on calm meteo and easier to see at high altitude and penetration of the bigger one when meteo goes a little rough and efective spoilers..at noon a big boomer catch me flying the little one and had a really hard time for not lost of sight... must to give full down and work a lot for not lost...
Oct 28, 2019, 04:12 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
Thread OP
Here is the vid of part one... during some moments is possible to see how beautifully thermals Edīs Esprit and launch... beautiful birds...

(9 min 47 sec)

Quick Reply