This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 29, 2019, 03:50 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Brushless 2s whoop Silverxxx beta85x build. LONG and powerful fun flights.

Yet another silverxxx build

Cheap build that's fast economical ( 6 minute flight on 2s 300mah ) and tough being a whoop will shrug off crashes hopefully.
Name: IMG_20190425_125044.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 1.25 MB
Description: Name: IMG_20190424_145934.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 1.57 MB
Description:

I used betafpv lite FC and a cheap 4in1 ESC ( suoer S I think ) akk bs2 camera, 1103 8000kv motors and of course the beta85x frame and props.
Total cost about 50 to buy it all but I had everything apart from the frame already so cost me 8 for 2 frames and $5 for 6 pairs of props.

Result is really good.
Silverised brushless beta85x frame fpv flight at the park. (5 min 43 sec)

Silverised FC on beta85x frame fpv flight FIRST tune and full flight 2s whoop. (5 min 39 sec)

41g without battery.
It will defo take a bigger battery too for longer flights ...

Some links for parts
1103 8000kv racerstar motors. https://m.banggood.com/Racerstar-Rac...244425201308OD
Bs06d 4in1 ESC from xt-xinte ( mention nigelsheffield123 for $5 credit )
Betafpv lite FC with silverware brushless version flashed
Camera akktek bs2
Battery (definitely recommend this exact one) turnigy nanotechnology 300mah 45c

My hobbyking recommendation for the beta75x battery https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...asc=3100474387

I don't have affiliate links for betafpv but if you want to support me let them know I sent you and use my links bellow for other stuff thanks!

Some affiliate links for taranis, no extra cost to you but I get a very small bit of commission to help out with my obsession lol.

frsky taranis x9d https://www.banggood.com/Original-Fr...244425201308OD
Or the taranis qx7
https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST...244425201308OD

Adding hall sensor gimbals is a nice upgrade but not essential
x9d https://www.banggood.com/2-PCS-Frsky...244425201308OD
Qx7 https://www.banggood.com/Frsky-Taran...244425201308OD
Last edited by nigelsheffield; May 13, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2019, 04:34 AM
Thread OP
Pids from this first tune,
Name: Screenshot_2019-04-28-19-34-33.png
Views: 15
Size: 751.0 KB
Description:

The firmware is yets brushless fork and stock filter settings.
If anyone want to build one I can share more details.

Obviously this build would work with an aio flight controller / ESC and be even lighter ifmyou have one going spare.

Note that the FC i used needs 5v only and so I added a 5v reg between battery voltage and the FC but some ESC will have 5v output which you could use.
The super S doesn't.
May 13, 2019, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Got a video at the park, this is really a great little flyer, I just love the way silverware flies.
Still getting 5 minutes to 3.7v per cell even flying like this.

Silverised brushless beta85x frame fpv flight at the park. (5 min 43 sec)
May 30, 2019, 07:38 AM
Jayodas
Looks like a really nice build and it flies very well. Do you think it will perform well as an HD Whoop with a Caddx Turtle v2?
May 30, 2019, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
It would fly with the extra weight I'm sure , though not as fast and shorter flight times, similar to the beta85x hd I would guess but being silverware probably do better.
I have the beta85x hd already so no need to try it out really, unless I can get sponsored with a a few parts and then I would try it lol..

I think a 3s setup would be needed to really have some fun going by the performance of the 85x hd....maybe even 4s!

One problem with these cinewhoops is weight, a whoop frame really doesn't like too much of it and sufferers from yaw washout ..
The reason my build here does so well is because it's light weight ( and of course silverware !! ).

I've been having a blast flying this thing around the park this week, it's really quite fast and agile without being at all dangerous, just yesterday I had an audience and was flying around 2 people with 5 dogs all stood close by watching whilst I flew under and over trees right by them , skimming their heads , flying between their legs and circling them etc and none of use were at all worried , even the dogs just happily watched , these were people I knew though of course, I wouldn't do that to total strangers!!
To be able to do that with a quad that has enough power to power loop over trees etc is just awsome and opens up a lot of places for flying without having to use weak underpowered normal whoops.

I'll be building some none ducted stuff again soon at this sort of size but I know I won't be as reckless with those though will have more speed and power ..
Jun 03, 2019, 06:53 AM
Jayodas
The impact to performance from the added weight is definitely a concern. I'm guessing it would do very well cruising around to film cinematic scenes in HD.

I love being able to fly whoop class quads in close proximity to people as well. Peace of mind and a different kind of fun, especially being able to intentionally get them in the recorded video.
Jun 03, 2019, 09:07 AM
Thread OP
Yes I am going to be using the cinewhoop 85x hd to film at events and areas where a normal filming quad would not be suitable..

I already have a few people interested in a flying video through their garden / house and thinking about the gym that my wife goes to, making promotional video with these things could be a nice way to earn a few s back from this hobby!

Quick Reply